we are new here

weareacouple

My husband and myself found this interesting forum and I thought I may as well sign us up. we are a 25 year married couple and hope to get into some interesting discussions on here. Feel free to say HI and have a great Memorial Day Weekend!!! Thanks Vets! both alive and gone. 

1 hour ago, Jon Letendre said:

A committee account seems strange. I don't want to talk to a committee.

I'm actually three people. One is Brant. Two is Peter. Three is Gaede. We all get together and decide what to post, for years and years now. Brant lives in England. Peter in Russia. Gaede in Germany. Mix them together and you get a United Statesian. AKA an American.

--Brant 

pretending to live in Tucson, Arizona (actually I'm a brain in a jar in some crazy guy's lab)

3 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

I'm actually three people. One is Brant. Two is Peter. Three is Gaede.

You know in a weird way that makes sense Brant. Welcome to "We're a couple." Now why would they intentionally invite 

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

If you are spammers, I'll wait for it, then off you will go.

I liked the picture of them both. If they are a real couple then they are chuckling over the responses. When they next respond we will be able to gauge their sincerity. A lot of us are veterans, top secret guys, ex CiA, and NSA. 

On 5/21/2020 at 6:14 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Hi weareacouple,

Do you have names?

Are you house traders like your email says?

Hmmmmmm?...

🙂

If you are real people, I am sure your real people participation will show.

If you are spammers, I'll wait for it, then off you will go.

btw - Nice pic.

🙂 

Michael

Hi Michael, thanks for the reply and yes we are very real people here 

22 hours ago, Peter said:

I liked the picture of them both. If they are a real couple then they are chuckling over the responses. When they next respond we will be able to gauge their sincerity. A lot of us are veterans, top secret guys, ex CiA, and NSA. 

well maybe by changing our profile pic will help to let everyone know we are a real couple.

If we were fake we would have picked a younger, better looking couple to steal pictures from LOL

On 5/22/2020 at 1:14 AM, Peter said:

gooI liked the picture of them both. If they are a real couple then they are chuckling over the responses. When they next respond we will be able to gauge their sincerity. A lot of us are veterans, top secret guys, ex CiA, and NSA. 

well maybe by changing our profile pic will help to let everyone know we are a real couple.

If we were fake we would have picked a younger, better looking couple to steal pictures from LOL

58 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

W,

Yo.

🙂

Michael

GM Michael 

GM? General Motors? Good Morning? I suppose everyone gets to answer silly questions every now and then. Or as Doctor Amesh Adalja said, “There’s no evidence that having a beard per se makes you more or less vulnerable to the coronavirus. “

Notes. Dr. Adalja is a Fellow of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, the American College of Physicians, the American College of Emergency Physicians, and Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

She who has no name, wrote, “No hidden meaning, my husband and I are sharing this profile (for now anyway) 

That helps but . . . yea! GM Michael. Now, even an initial would help us, so we would know if we are talking to one or both of you, por favor. It’s awkward.

Here’s an oldie, I don’t think I have used since 2014, explaining and exploring the inner mind of Anny Rand for our newcomers. Petre

This is Walter Cronkite. The year is 1975 and you are there. CBS cameras and microphones have been following novelist and philosopher Ayn Rand as she heads for an audit by the IRS. As most of you may know, the feisty author had a movie made out of her book, “The Fountainhead,” and it starred Gary Cooper and Patricia Neal. That puts Miss Rand in the celebrity category according to our producers.

Miss Rand! Miss Rand! Would you mind holding up a moment before you ascend the stairs into the mammoth IRS Washington, DC Bureau?

Vhat do you want?

We were tipped off that you have failed to pay your taxes for twenty years. Is that correct?

It vas no failure on my part.  All taxation is theft!

Miss Rand, if you hold on for a minute while we go to a commercial, CBS will compensate you for your time.

Shoo me the contrack.

Commercial break. Did you know that you can save 15% by switching to Geico?

Everybody knows that.

Well, did you know the cause of The Civil War was slavery . . . ?

We are back. Miss Rand you immigrated to America. Why are you now turning your back on your adopted country?

My country turned itz back on me. I never agreed to finance a deficit. When I get in that shysters office I will tell heem to check his premises!

Does that mean you are willing to go to jail, Miss Rand?  

You betcha. I would not give them a pork chop.

Commercial break. Did you know that you can save 15% by switching to Geico?

Everybody knows that.

Well, did you know the cause of WWII was the Allies attempt to stop the holocaust . . . ?

Welcome back. Miss Rand did you know your libertarian and conservative critics are saying, “Nothing has a greater potential to derail the Conservative cause like ideological purity”? Miss Rand. Miss Rand . . . oh. She is heading inside, ladies and gentlemen. This is Walter Cronkite reporting.  

Just curious, Michael, have people  ever registered as a multiple? The spirit of it is, well, unindividualist.

And they can’t respond to your questions, such as names?, in simple introductions. In my experience, in a real discussion selective responses like that instantly collapse real conversations, and here it is in the introductions. 

22 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Just curious, Michael, have people  ever registered as a multiple? The spirit of it is, well, unindividualist.

And they can’t respond to your questions, such as names?, in simple introductions. In my experience, in a real discussion selective responses like that instantly collapse real conversations, and here it is in the introductions. 

Jon,

We are probably being trolled or studied.

Their responses make me think of artificial intelligence writing. (See here for a lot of articles on AI writing.)

I, for one, favor the idea of some kid in his parents basement having fun.

Or, hell, maybe these folks are who they say they are and just bored from staying at home during the shutdown.

Regardless, they are nowhere near the Crazy Lady level yet. (Remember her?)

🙂 

Michael

Brilliant Michael. Maybe we are being trolled. Hmmm? I’ll bet, if a man writes the female of the couple will answer and if a female writes the manly avatar will answer. Unless, the correspondent does not identify their sex or species and then the voice of Majel Roddenberry or Data from “Star Trek TNG will answer. Cool.

This type style is Bahnschrift which I have never heard of. Let’s see if OL will accept it. It did.

Word Play Common Sense from the old folks magazine AARP.

The following words all begin with silent letters. What’s the second thing they have in common?

Aisle.  Knot.  Whole.  Hour.  Scent.  Wrested.  

Answer? Well, I will let you figure it out, and I will post the answer later. No cheating, all you geezers! Peter 

57 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jon,

We are probably being trolled or studied.

Their responses make me think of artificial intelligence writing. (See here for a lot of articles on AI writing.)

I, for one, favor the idea of some kid in his parents basement having fun.

Or, hell, maybe these folks are who they say they are and just bored from staying at home during the shutdown.

Regardless, they are nowhere near the Crazy Lady level yet. (Remember her?)

🙂 

Michael

Loopy Janet? Lol

• Like 1