broken arrow

jts

I read the book as a boy this was based on: "Cochise, Apache Warrior and Statesman". Jeffords wanted safe passage for the stage coaches through southeastern Arizona so this one-armed man rode alone right into Cochise's stronghold and made a deal with Cochise. Talk about guts!

The real story got Hollywooded, of course.

--Brant

I'm sure the book had isues too

a little research tells the movie was based on the novel "Blood Brother" and I must have read a boys' book which was likely fairly accurste

• 1 year later...

We are up to season two of Netflix’s “Frontier.” It is very violent but exciting. It highlights the importance of the Hudson Bay Company’s fur trading to the economy at that time and its effect on Britain, Canada, Inuit’s, American Indians, and Americans. Not to lighten its affect, but there are some very good characters who you will cheer on or boo. Peter    

Netflix has allegedly canceled the Jason Momoa-led television series Frontier after just three seasons. What’s on Netflix reported that the historical drama about the North American fur trade of 1700 Canada did not get an order for a fourth season.

• 5 months later...

It is violent but I highly recommend this show. It ran for around five seasons.

“Justified” is an American Western crime drama television series that premiered on March 16, 2010, on the FX network. Developed by Graham Yost, it is based on Elmore Leonard's stories about the character Raylan Givens, particularly "Fire in the Hole". Timothy Olyphant portrays Raylan Givens, a tough deputy U.S. Marshal enforcing his own brand of justice. The series revolves around the inhabitants and culture in the Appalachian Mountains area of eastern Kentucky . . . .

• Like 1

I found another riveting movie.

The Gift is a 2000 American supernatural horror thriller film directed by Sam Raimi, written by Billy Bob Thornton and Tom Epperson, and based on the alleged psychic experiences of Thornton's mother.[4] It centers on Annie (Cate Blanchett), who is involved in a murder case when she acquires knowledge of it through her extrasensory perception and psychic abilities. The cast also includes Keanu ReevesGiovanni RibisiHilary SwankKatie Holmes, and Greg Kinnear.