Coronavirus

Peter

Just now, Marc said:

Speaking of Chinese food, I went for some great Chinese food at the food court at the Eaton Centre yesterday, downtown Toronto, which I'm sure my beautiful friend Carol is very familiar with.

So, wearing the mask as I entered the building like a good compliant communist Ontarian, I made my way to lunch.

Lo and behold, I passed Red Lobster where all the folks sitting were maskless and I saw one patron put on the mask while walking to the bathroom.

At the food court, most were maskless enjoying their lunches.

When folks left the foodcourt, they put on their masks as they crossed an imaginary  barrier out of the food court.

Then I noticed an actual maskless woman eating popcorn outside the store Champs, yet when she stopped eating the popcorn ( inbetween kernels) the mask went on.

This reminds me of the " magic bullet" re JFK, this is one smart virus that WILL NOT attack people if eating lunch or popcorn.

As our tremendous Premiere Ford stated in his campaign to win the Province, Ontario, " open for business", I think not.

I remember seeing or reading something about how much thought went into the way people interact with their ‘screens’. That part of the engineering involved what they knew about tactile mechanics and associated psychological responses. Dragging a finger on a screen and ‘moving’ the images meshes with reward systems tied to task accomplishment. That action is purposefully engineered to promote interaction and habituated use will lead to an anticipated dopamine release , basically training people to ‘addict’ themselves to interaction with their devices. 

I wonder how much overlap in those mechanisms are operative in masking. Objectively I assume most would reach the conclusion that simple cloth face coverings, as opposed to more stringent filtration barriers, offer negligible benefit for protection against contact with virus size particles. But I bet there is some measurable dopamine effect to physically donning and there by acting to become compliant to a seemingly logical ‘should’. Something tangible to demonstrating to peers that you are acting in a certain manner that will be appreciated and positively reinforced by social feedback.

But damned if every single time I had to put a mask on to enter some place or other , that my mind wasn’t screaming “ WTF, this piece of shit cloth won’t help, how stupid are we?!” It makes me feel shitty to have those thoughts and yet then do it anyway

Fuck the CCP and all the bastards who know they are making people this way on purpose.

And I’m done feeling shitty , no mask no entry in the future ? Well I suppose it will be curbside service or the equivalent if it comes back.

Another sad , or sadder aspect , is that I fear people more now in a general sense. I think I have rational respect/fear for or of virus and disease , but I now see the ‘lemming’ effect of group think as an actual existential threat to my personal well being .

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Marc said:

Speaking of Chinese food, I went for some great Chinese food at the food court at the Eaton Centre yesterday, downtown Toronto, which I'm sure my beautiful friend Carol is very familiar with.

So, wearing the mask as I entered the building like a good compliant communist Ontarian, I made my way to lunch.

Lo and behold, I passed Red Lobster where all the folks sitting were maskless and I saw one patron put on the mask while walking to the bathroom.

At the food court, most were maskless enjoying their lunches.

When folks left the foodcourt, they put on their masks as they crossed an imaginary  barrier out of the food court.

Then I noticed an actual maskless woman eating popcorn outside the store Champs, yet when she stopped eating the popcorn ( inbetween kernels) the mask went on.

This reminds me of the " magic bullet" re JFK, this is one smart virus that WILL NOT attack people if eating lunch or popcorn.

As our tremendous Premiere Ford stated in his campaign to win the Province, Ontario, " open for business", I think not.

I am so homesick for Yonge St and my neighbourhood Chinese barbecue duck best in world for five bucks! Some things are just more important than political philosophy, you know it's true.

18 hours ago, Jules Troy said:

Can we have a covid variant that only kills Democrats, Karens and snowflakes pulleeezzzze? Lol 😈

But we do! It's Marvel Alt-right Media SuperHeroesTM!!  

..leaping tall towers of logic with a single bound, and slaying those enemies above, plus many more who haven't been identified yet, stay tuned for more amazing adventures!!

5 hours ago, Marc said:

Bannon's War Room was on fire today. 

Big Story No. 1 (see here). In this video Dr. Robert Malone and Dr. Peter Navarro discuss what is science and what isn't science re COVID-19 and variants. They discuss the difference between science and scientism. Dr. Malone was especially emphatic about the dangers of overselling the vaccine, especially since the new CDC reports states that vaccinated people are spreading the virus and getting infected more than unvaccinated people.

The CDC is now officially busted, even in the New York Times. 

Oh... And there's this. Pfizer now has a medicine for COVID-19 and variants that is getting full approval, so now it is saying the vaccines are not that important anymore so long as you buy their medicine.

Bah. The establishment is magnificent, ain't it? 

Big Story No. 2 (see here). This one is really gross and, I admit, I never contemplated how this impacted the current attempts to takedown the USA.

In China, the CCP cultivates the practice of taking a live person, sedating him or her, then extracting organs like heart, liver, kidney, etc. Of course the person dies during the surgery.

Steve Bannon had on a Chinese physician who used to do this and think it was all right. He said he was so convinced by the propaganda that China was the best place on earth and the Chinese people were superior that, at the time he operated on live humans to extract their organs, he didn't think it was wrong. Obviously, he now does.

The reason he thought it was all right is that this practice did not target normal Chinese citizens, but instead the Falun Gong, the Uyghurs and so on. In other words, the lesser humans.

He also said that organ harvesting from live people happens on stage during training. A live audience watches a live human being sedated and murdered as his or her organs are harvested.

He mentioned that China has one of the lowest rates on earth in terms of voluntary organ donation, but it is the world's leading supplier of healthy organs for replacing diseased or damaged ones.

Now, why is this important to the Chinese attacks against America?

Because, as the Chinese doctor mentioned, elitists--including many politicians and celebrity opinion makers--who need organs for themselves or family, and who are low on waiting lists, are provided these organs soon after ordering them from China. The main condition for being able to order is that they cannot talk bad about about the CCP, but instead have to talk good.

They also said Saudi Arabia is an especially important source of customers. But there are plenty of people in the west.

How's that for blackmail? Now a lot of things make more sense. 

The best part of what Bannon's guests said is that they have lists of these political and celebrity recipients and will release them. There are already links online giving a lot of information, but I didn't catch them as I watched the video (I just finished it). I'll try to find them and include them when I repeat this part of this post in the China Blue thread.

Horrific...

Michael

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, caroljane said:

I am so homesick for Yonge St and my neighbourhood Chinese barbecue duck best in world for five bucks! Some things are just more important than political philosophy, you know it's true.

Dont leave me hanging!!!!!!!!

Name, address pls for the bbq duck s'il vous plait? 

Even message me if you want to keep it between us two!

I'm going tomorrow 

President Biden has said that if a bill extending the eviction moratorium, which ended yesterday, crosses his desk he will sign it. That would adversely affect the property rights and wallets of building owners . . . but is this STILL an emergency situation with the Delta variant? Objectivists have to ask themselves, “Is an extension justified if it infringes on the rights of property owners?”

Yet, if I were a renter in this situation I would probably be happy to stay put. It’s a tough situation to be sure about, because in real life I would stay put if allowed. I think. Boo hiss.   

From the CDC: CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky has signed an extension to the eviction moratorium further preventing the eviction of tenants who are unable to make rental payments. The moratorium that was scheduled to expire on June 30, 2021 is now extended through July 31, 2021 and this is intended to be the final extension of the moratorium. The COVID-19 pandemic has presented a historic threat to the nation’s public health. Keeping people in their homes and out of crowded or congregate settings — like homeless shelters — by preventing evictions is a key step in helping to stop the spread of COVID-19.

I'm finding myself less and less interested in the vaccine and virus with each day. My opinions and knowledge have not changed. I'm just tired of watching the same old propaganda tricks.

I've noticed that I'm not alone. This attitude is in a lot of articles and videos. Here's just one by Polly to show what I mean (I'm So Over Coronavirus), but there are plenty of others out there.

As a bleed-over, I've noticed that people also don't discuss what Biden or his staff are doing with much attention outside of the normal partisan professional wrestling match in the fake news media. Not even the audits that will shred the credibility of the elections to pieces are getting people's juices going.

It's not that there are unimportant things to talk about. It's that this just doesn't seem all that important anymore.

I've got some transcripts to finish re the (virtual) coronavirus and vaccine racket that I believe include important information (from Dr. Malone, former Pfizer people, etc.), but whenever I sit down to do it, I feel real tired.

The establishment has already lost and it's only a matter of time. They are already disintegrating and they are showing real fear. And that fear is growing by the day. 

To go metaphorical, the airplane has hit the tower, but the building hasn't fallen down yet, even though it will. I'm playing a football game against a team where the score is 83 my side and 6 their side and we're still in the second quarter. Gotta finish playing the game, but jeez...

:) 

We're in that moment. That's how I feel about all this. It's gotta be done, but it' not very exciting anymore.

Still, gotta keep plugging...

Michael

• Upvote 1

"Trust the science":

The Family That Built an Empire of Pain

"The Sackler dynasty’s ruthless marketing of painkillers has generated billions of dollars—and millions of addicts."

"But OxyContin is a controversial drug. Its sole active ingredient is oxycodone, a chemical cousin of heroin which is up to twice as powerful as morphine. In the past, doctors had been reluctant to prescribe strong opioids—as synthetic drugs derived from opium are known—except for acute cancer pain and end-of-life palliative care, because of a long-standing, and well-founded, fear about the addictive properties of these drugs....

"Purdue launched OxyContin with a marketing campaign that attempted to counter this attitude and change the prescribing habits of doctors. The company funded research and paid doctors to make the case that concerns about opioid addiction were overblown, and that OxyContin could safely treat an ever-wider range of maladies. Sales representatives marketed OxyContin as a product 'to start with and to stay with.' Millions of patients found the drug to be a vital salve for excruciating pain. But many others grew so hooked on it that, between doses, they experienced debilitating withdrawal."

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/30/the-family-that-built-an-empire-of-pain

22 minutes ago, Peter said:

No need to be bored. Volcanoes, Covid, earth quakes, drought, Simone Biles dropping out, the death of somebody resisting arrest, riots, hurricanes. Aah. Remember all that?

And a stolen election, 

A vaccinated Lindsey Graham came down with the black death . . . I mean Covid-19, but he only has mild symptoms. But he looked sick in the photo I saw. I wish him well. 

The heck with the masks. I think medical facilities will require masks "forever more."

Drew Carey on The Price is Right made an interesting observation. The show will continue forever to have social distancing and hand protectors when the wheel is spun. I bet Wheel of Fortune will go the same route. And of course hand shakes are now and forever taboo. Amen to that. I always thought it was stupid and germy. Here, take the hand I wipe my butt with. 

I wonder if young daters will still kiss after a couple of dates? Naw. The guys may be that stupid but . . . .    

In the mainstream news I see all the standard (and constantly shifting) establishment talking points about vaccines and the virus.

But outside of the mainstream bubble, I see a lot of this:

The mainstream news isn't getting through to these people.

Maybe if the establishment people try to "control the narrative" a bit more...

:)

Michael

• Thanks 1

Here's another good question.

In a pandemic, you would expect the homeless and people who live in filthy environments to all be dead.

Tell that to all the homeless and people who live in filthy environments in blue American cities.

Why are they still alive?

From the stats. surely COVID-19 has ravaged the cities where they live on the streets.

Michael

Is there such a thing as ghoulish optimism ? Is it a good sign that there didn't seem to be an organized , dare I say 'widespread 'operation to use the homeless as cord wood to stack up in front of all the auxiliary morgue capacity? Though it could be that the good governors where as successful as they were in number accumulation via nursing home policies that it wasn't necessary. 

It feels like they are losing steam with the fear factor, the homeless better start looking over their shoulders, only so many tricks left until the midterms.

Vaccinations keep people safe?
Gibraltar
Located on the southern coast of Spain, the British overseas territory fully vaccinated 99% of its roughly 34,000 residents by June 1st.
COVID-19 is supposed to be gone, right?
But cases have exploded in July.
Despite virtually everyone being double jabbed, restrictions are coming back.
Now let’s investigate the Nordic island nation of Iceland.
Iceland has a population of around 369,000 individuals.
The ‘Land of Fire and Ice’ has vaccinated roughly 90% of its adult population and briefly dropped all domestic restrictions the previous months.
Everything back to normal, right?
Iceland has witnessed an explosion of cases the previous two weeks and restrictions have returned with a vengeance.
Follow on Telegram @WeLoveTrumpNoah
Iceland has reinstituted masks, social distancing, and lockdowns in response to the spike in cases.
Despite one of the world’s highest vaccination rates, Iceland continues to set new daily case records.
In fact, Worldometer indicates Iceland set another daily record on the day of this writing.
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here's another good question.

In a pandemic, you would expect the homeless and people who live in filthy environments to all be dead.

Tell that to all the homeless and people who live in filthy environments in blue American cities.

Why are they still alive?

From the stats. surely COVID-19 has ravaged the cities where they live on the streets.

Michael

The aha moment - Their immune system is far more robust. A few bugs, rats, feces in meals never hurt anyone. I have a home and a relatively good life without covid shots and as healthy as a 68 yr old can be.

• Upvote 1