Coronavirus

Peter

16 minutes ago, Jules Troy said:
a49ebbbc0616c4946c43e642664b485ccc23c8ab
IFUNNY.CO

IFunny is fun of your life. Images, GIFs and videos featured seven times a day. Your anaconda definitely wants some...

lol 

Hah. Phuck Phizer, Phuck Joe Biden, and Phuck Biontech...and not in the good way:

3 shots for a mild variant?
Resist.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Peter said:

What bothers me as Objectivists is that we had to abide by Ayn Rand said. I was OK with that while she was alive. Then we had to abide by what Leonard Peikoff said. Then we had to abide by what Amy Peikoff or what ARI said.  Does this not sound like a religion with a Pope or a higher council telling us what to do or think? Excommunication from IRA? Damn those Branden’s. They are no longer Kosher.

Close cousin of rationalism, as you probably know, is intrinsicism: here, the revealed Word of Rand, constricted by her early 'disciples' in the movement to exactly and only what she expressed, no more no less, in spite of context.  From that secondary error derived the taboos, rigid authoritarianism (Who is a True Objectvist?) the excommunications, one's purity/impurity. The religious terms are unsurprising.  Philosophical intrinsicism appears to serve ( at least initially for "students of O'ism") as a known, familiar comfort area and substitute for former religiosity.

38 minutes ago, anthony said:

(Who is a True Objectvist?)

Not directed at Anthony, but to the question, itself:

Well, now...ever since it came to light that Peikoff donated to the Trump campaign (not to mention dated a Christian women in his recent later years, leading some to go so far as to speculate that he has become a conservative), after the now-infamous "fatwa" to "vote Democrat across the board", lest one not be considered a "True-blue, dyed-in-the-wool Objectivist" ©, any attempt to make such pronouncements of the Objectivistness of others (whether they come from the highest Grand Poobahs's of the ARI or the lowliest forum trolls) are to be taken with the finest of particulate grains of salt.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

So, then, if a lefty propagandist shill like Trevor Noah makes an objective observation, does that make him an Objectivist®? Would our resident troll gatekeeper of Who Or Who Isn't An Objectivist® allow him safe passage over the trollbridge into Atlantis@WeTheLiving? Or does that only apply to objective observations in favor of the "Fauci Ouchie?"
-Joke. Trust the money. Get the science.  Feel the jab. Taste the rainbow.

Lolllllll!

All I know is that my friend Barbara Branden told me that Ayn Rand told her that she was the one and only Objectivist! 

Lets go ( Barbara ) Brandon ( Branden) FJB!!!!!!!!

On 12/5/2021 at 6:03 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Ellen,

No. I've been looking at patterns.

A process has a beginning, middle and end. You seem to want this one to stay in the middle. 

Besides, who needs oracles when the process patterns are so obvious?

Michael

You didn’t understand the question, but never mind.

Ellen

22 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

You didn’t understand the question, but never mind.

Ellen,

That might be because of my low IQ. Also, I'm intellectually challenged, not to mention the many flawed neurological functions. Instead of brain wiring, I've got spaghetti.

:)

But, I could turn this around and ask if you are able--if you have the capacity--to ask a question that a person with limited mental faculties like me can understand.

:) 

Michael

Unhappy the vote was so close.  Doesn't matter in any case; from mainstream news:

... the 52-48 vote amounts to little more than a symbolic rebuke of the policy, which is tied up in the courts anyway. In order to succeed, the resolution would also need to be approved by the Democratic-controlled House and signed by President Joe Biden himself, neither of which is likely.

• Like 1

Vaccine doses administered worldwide 8,311,161,834 The big number is billions not millions.

Confirmed cases worldwide 267,156,259  +699,220

Fatal cases 5,271,226  +8,377

Cases in Tonga 1. New ad slogans. You can’t go wrong if you go to Tonga. Stay at the House of Tonga for a night for $70 or Captain Cook Apartments for only $130 a night. Or build your own grass hut for free!

Remember when the media laughed at Trump's UV light suggestion? Pepperidge Farm remembers...

"Scott Adams, who has been railing against the fake news bleach hoax since it happened, wrote, 'These guys injected a disinfectant into sick COVID patients! UV light was the disinfectant, injected via a light catheter. Trump was right.'

"A safety study was completed in December of 2020 by Aytu BioScience for its trademarked technology called Healight. The study was for investigative purposes prior to being submitted to the FDA for approval and publication. The results of the study, which claimed positive results, were then published in May of last year, but the 24-hour all-panic-all-the-time media didn’t cover it. Bloomberg did and a few other industry magazines.

This single center, U.S.-based study evaluated the safety and proof of principle of the Healight device in newly intubated critically ill patients on mechanical ventilation diagnosed with COVID-19….The Healight technology platform employs proprietary methods of administering intermittent ultraviolet (UV) A light via a novel respiratory tract device. Pre-clinical findings indicate the technology’s significant impact on reducing a wide range of viral and bacterial loads, including the coronavirus HCoV-229E, which is associated with the common cold. Recently published pre-clinical data have been the basis of discussions with the FDA for a path to enable human use for the potential treatment of SARS-CoV-2 in intubated patients in the intensive care unit (ICU).

"What this proves is very significant. President Trump has been maligned and defamed for more than a year based on the lie that the 'disinfectant' he mentioned during a COVID press conference was bleach. The fake news did that. They turned the word 'disinfectant'  into bleach before our very eyes and hardly anyone noticed."

54412716-a120-4b92-9247-aaa7ca84aa2b-120
PJMEDIA.COM

You’re not going to believe this, but you now have more ammunition against the idiots running around saying Trump told people to inject...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Remember when the media laughed at Trump's UV light suggestion? Pepperidge Farm remembers...

I saw this posted on social media when Trump originally made the suggestions: IV.jpg

I found it again here:

PUVA.jpg
UVPOD.NET

Ultraviolet light, also known as UV light, is a kind of electromagnetic radiation that makes dark light banners shine, and is liable for tans...

While the introduction to UV light can prompt skin malignancy, some skin conditions can has dealt with utilizing UV light, as per Cancer Research UK. In a methodology called psoralen bright light treatment (PUVA), patients take medication or apply a cream to make their skin touchy to light. At that point, UV light is shining on the surface. PUVA is utilizing to treat lymphoma, skin inflammation, psoriasis, and vitiligo.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If you are feeling melancholy during the winter months it may be because of less light. One cure used to be to have a lamp near your face and go about your business of reading, doing crossword puzzles, or watching TV. I don't know if that is still Ok. However, UV light can be considered more dangerous than plain lamp light as mentioned above. I have two lamps on, one behind my left side and one to my right to read with. After a while I get tired of it and turn them off. Tonight, I turned them off to watch "Bull."