Coronavirus

Peter

8 hours ago, anthony said:

Polly's terrific. She at least asks the right questions as Michael says; and if a tenth of what she interconnects is valid, it's enough.

It's your minds they want. AR

Never let a good crisis go to waste. R. Emanuel

If you can keep your head when all about you...RK

When all the cattle are stampeding in one direction, look for the men on horses. AJG

There's something very strange going on, things which didn't transpire with the last serious virus.

"There's something happening, here/
What it is, aint' exactly clear/"

Indeed:

The Trump Department of Justice has asked Congress to craft legislation allowing chief judges to indefinitely hold people without trial and suspend other constitutionally-protected rights during coronavirus and other emergencies, according to a report by Politico’s Betsy Woodruff Swan.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/doj-suspend-constitutional-rights-coronavirus-970935/

It’s all Constitutional. First, we are in a state of war, declared by Congress in late 2001. Congress has never rescinded said declaration. We are also in several states of emergency. Governors have already declared martial law in CA and PA, a legal power they have. They didn’t use those words, but that’s what’s been done in at least those two states already. Trump can declare martial law at any moment and then there really are no rights protections at all. All this is legal and very much per the Constitution. Doesn’t sound like “fighting the coronavirus” does it? Because that’s not what it is.

26 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

It’s all Constitutional. First, we are in a state of war, declared by Congress in late 2001. Congress has never rescinded said declaration. We are also in several states of emergency. Governors have already declared martial law in CA and PA, a legal power they have. They didn’t use those words, but that’s what’s been done in at least those two states already. Trump can declare martial law at any moment and then there really are no rights protections at all. All this is legal and very much per the Constitution. Doesn’t sound like “fighting the coronavirus” does it? Because that’s not what it is.

"Doesn’t sound like “fighting the coronavirus” does it? Because that’s not what it is."
I had to re-read "Doesn't sound like 'fighting the coronavirus' does it"...missing comma?

"Doesn't sound like 'fighting the coronavirus', does it?"

That makes your implication clearer. I went down that "rabbit hole" last night. Interesting, intriguing, even, but I'm not quite sold on that.
That said,  no, it doesn't sound like it...

• Like 1

I feel like I overuse commas and must resist them. Now I have to put some back in? I may not ever understand the damned things.

Having Congress write it up and pass it, then the Senate pass it, then the President merely sign it, is good optics. In fact, he can legally simply declare all of it and much more in the time it took me to write this. These optics are much better.

48 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

I feel like I overuse commas and must resist them. Now I have to put some back in? I may not ever understand the damned things.

"Resist" them?
Commas save lives, Jon. They SAVE LIVES.

"Let's eat, grandma" vs. "Let's eat grandma."

Think of the grandmothers, Jon. (As opposed to "Think of the grandmother's john.")
Do you even think of the grandmothers, Jon?
No, you only think of yourself.

😉
It's all good.
#savethegrandmothers

57 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Having Congress write it up and pass it, then the Senate pass it, then the President merely sign it, is good optics. In fact, he can legally simply declare all of it and much more in the time it took me to write this. These optics are much better.

Having gone down the "rabbit hole", it sounds...well, it sounds too good to be true. A bit too much of the "woo"? (JFKJR...Tesla...TIME TRAVEL?)
(Source: Fall Cabal)

Some of it doesn't pass the "James Randi Challenge". But regarding the less woo aspects: yes..."how many times before it's no longer a coincidence?"

That said, after seeing the extent of that "Pizzagate" side of it (and feeling a bit ill afterwards)...to quote the X-FILES, "I want to believe."

Despite being objectivist-oriented, and personally not believing in devils...well, as stated in the video..."It doesn't matter if >I< believe it, it matters that THEY believe it."

#thetruthisoutthere

I don’t know what you watched.

I am not aware of  Q mentioning JFK Jr at all. For a time Liz Crokin thought Jr may have faked his death. Her theory was (she doesn’t talk about it anymore) that he knew Killery wanted to run for Senator from New York and was having him killed because he intended to run also. The theory went that he discovered the specific plan and “went along” but faked its success. But that is all Liz. I don’t know what else she had to support the idea. I don’t think any of it is from Q, but I could be mistaken. Q has said Jr is not alive, I do recall seeing that post.

I don’t think Q has ever mentioned time travel.

I think Q has mentioned Tesla, but I don’t recall any details. Q people do say that Trump brags about his MIT electrical engineering professor uncle, John Trump, because that man had total access and examined all of Nikola’s belongings immediately after his death. I am not familiar enough to discuss it, and again, I don’t even recall at the moment what Q has posted about Nikola Tesla.

52 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

I don’t know what you watched.

I am not aware of  Q mentioning JFK Jr at all. For a time Liz Crokin thought Jr may have faked his death. Her theory was (she doesn’t talk about it anymore) that he knew Killery wanted to run for Senator from New York and was having him killed because he intended to run also. The theory went that he discovered the specific plan and “went along” but faked its success. But that is all Liz. I don’t know what else she had to support the idea. I don’t think any of it is from Q, but I could be mistaken. Q has said Jr is not alive, I do recall seeing that post.

I don’t think Q has ever mentioned time travel.

I think Q has mentioned Tesla, but I don’t recall any details. Q people do say that Trump brags about his MIT electrical engineering professor uncle, John Trump, because that man had total access and examined all of Nikola’s belongings immediately after his death. I am not familiar enough to discuss it, and again, I don’t even recall at the moment what Q has posted about Nikola Tesla.

Rollingstone? Why wou,d you read that? They will certainly lie about Q.

Anyway, just that article title putting Q to Liz’ theory is a lie. Anons kept asking about it and Q said, no, Jr is not alive. It is not part of Q’s message. That is trying to lie. Knowing Q fairly well, I know a journalist cannot look into Q for more than a few hours and honestly decide to attach that to Q.

1 minute ago, ThatGuy said:

This was part 10 of the series I watched. It concluded with the Kennedy theory.
-JFK's memorial in Arlington is in the shape of a "Q".
-Trump and JFK JR were buds. JFK wanted to take down the CIA, and was killed. Jr wanted to avenge him, and Trump is fulfilling his mission
-A mysterious man and women at Trump rallies are believe to be JFK JR and his wife.
-Q is JFK JR

-A certain issue of GEORGE alluded to 2020 and Hillary being indicted.
-Trump and Tesla: Jon Trump's connection to Tesla and time travel

etc...

10 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Rollingstone? Why wou,d you read that? They will certainly lie about Q.

I didn't read that, was just posting that to show that there's a belief in the theory, as evidenced by the video.
(Though if you're telling me that the video series is not indicative of the actual "Q" ideas, ok. My understanding is that there is/was some "funny business" going on for a bit as to interlopers... I'm admittedly playing catch-up, and I was following a bunch of different leads, I think that one was linked by Praying Medic? No, don't quote me on that, it may have been another source.)

Never heard of them. I am not going to watch any more of their video because I skipped through and watched some in the beginning, middle and end and she was always talking about some theory or other that did not come from Q and is not part of Q’s message. It looks dishonest to me, front to back. It will surprise me if Praying Medic pointed to that in a positive way.

16 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Never heard of them. I am not going to watch any more of their video because I skipped through and watched some in the beginning, middle and end and she was always talking about some theory or other that did not come from Q and is not part of Q’s message. It looks dishonest to me, front to back. It will surprise me if Praying Medic pointed to that in a positive way.

As I corrected myself above, it wasn't from Praying Medic.
Thanks for mentioning that it's not part of Q's message. And glad to hear that, whatever else the truth may be. Like I said, I was "cramming", and trying to be aware of wheat vs. chaff.

Like with Rand, one cannot read a few articles and conclude they have a fair grasp on the matter. Some people hate her, most people misunderstand her, etc. The best solution is to read her yourself.

Same for Q, and  even moreso.

Use the page counter thingie to go to page one and post one and read some posts. Click the links he refers to or his comments will make no sense, they are often reactive the link he gives. Feel free to skip to the posts with pictures that interest you. Feel free to skip around, there is nothing essentially sequential about consuming it.

https://qmap.pub

I continue to recommend https://mobile.twitter.com/prayingmedic for those who prefer a plain English interpretation. He is calm and to the point. He consciously keeps his own ideas out and sticks to presenting Q with the least assumptions and conclusions, in short, with the least interpretation. He is the best at presenting Q.

On March 20, 2020 at 12:23 AM, Jon Letendre said:

Q has said for over two years that Xi is with Trump. Trump said “the calm before the Storm” during his meeting with “the world’s great military people.” Q uses the phrase Where We Go One, We Go All, from the movie White Squall about surviving a great storm. The Q movement talks endlessly about the Storm that we have long known is inevitably coming.

For weeks I have written phrases like, another falls to the Storm, I mean the coronavirus, alluding to the suggestion that the latter is really the former.

Now Xi:

ETgZhN7WsAIFWN2?format=jpg&name=large

Jon,

What accounts for the appearance of the COVID-19 virus just now in your narrative?

Are you claiming that Xi had the virus bioengineered or some other way managed to get it unleashed on the world and that Donald Trump is such an inhumane bastard that he doesn't care about the deaths and misery and financial dislocation so long as he has a cover for declaring martial law and arresting his enemies list?

Ellen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The normally respectable local Sunday Times today. Front page headline:

"STANDSTILL. Frightening new projections of rate of Coved-19 has SA Defense Force on standby ready to deploy".

What??

Facts released by the government - the CV figures today have risen from 202 to 240 cases - 16 of them, people who had NOT re-entered from overseas and caught it there. I.E. the in-country re-transmission rate so far has been minor (for some odd reasons). Most atypical statistics, I know, but this govt. and media fearmongering here is universal, to some degree. Health Minister Mkhize: the whole population could be infected

Fear; riots; military force. The 'causal' relationship.

1000+ cases registered in 40 countries in Africa...

14 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

My reaction brings to my mind the words of Captain Kirk in "Assignment: Earth". Asked by the enigmatic, time-traveling* Gary Seven to believe, on faith, his claims that he's there to save the Earth:

"Gentlemen, I need proof. All you're telling me is that on the one hand he may be lying and on the other..."

(The comparison hits harder if you consider Spock as the libertarian/Objectivist ideal,  Gary Seven as Trump/Q*, and Kirk as the one to decide who to trust:)

SEVEN: There are only seconds. I'll need time to set it.
ROBERTA: Please. He's telling the truth.
COMPUTER: Fifty five seconds to impact.
KIRK: Spock, if you can't handle it, I'm going to have to trust him.
SPOCK: It is difficult to know which is best, Captain.
COMPUTER: Forty seconds to impact.
SPOCK: Without facts, the decision cannot be made logically. You must rely on your human intuition.
COMPUTER: Altitude three hundred miles. Descending and accelerating.
KIRK: Go.

*"Kirk/Q"- no, not THAT "Q"...no pun intended, though does make the analogy a bit more fun...and a bit freaky...
*time-traveling: funny when considered against theory that Trump is a Tesla-enabled time-traveler sent to avenge JFK

13,699 deaths 321,257 cases worldwide. 0.0426418724 or 4 percent but the percent has risen slightly. My wife heard that the percent of younger people in Italy and Iran with severe coronavirus has risen.

In the U.S.: 349 deaths, 29,270 cases. or 0.0119234711 which is a little over 1 percent.

We tried a grocery delivery system from Acme in Ocean City and it took about an hour or more to get our groceries and deliver them. It was VERY reasonable. I believe it had a base cost of about three bucks but our total grocery weight was over that. A lady shopped for us and talked to my wife as she shopped. "We don't have the Hungry Man beef slices but we have meatloaf. OK? We paid by credit card over the phone and an older gentlemen who we did not tip or interact with, put the bags inside our garage door. Acme had eggs! I sprayed the bags with an alcohol solution, then we unpacked everything, threw away the bags, put the frozen and refrigerated items away and then washed our hands three times each. Is that a lucky or an obsessive number? I heard Walmart is doing something similar. Peter

I think I stumbled across one of the main reasons for the intense Trump hatred among the elitists, all the way from the beginning.

Relevance.

From Breitbart:

Nolte: We Now Know Truckers and Stock Boys Are Vital, Hollywood Is Not

As the Chinese coronavirus shuts down our economy and locks us in our homes, we are discovering stock boys matter and Hollywood celebrities do not.

Out there in the shit, out there in the danger, out there touching countless surfaces that could be infected, out there working punishing hours for low wages are the people we too often overlook and take for granted — even though they are the ones who keep our world turning.

Away from their families, risking illness, America’s farm workers, truck drivers, grocery store workers, sanitation workers, and delivery people, are holding together the slender thread that keeps our supply chains moving, and those supply chains are the literal difference between civilization and anarchy.

Meanwhile, here’s how America’s elite, America’s royalty, America’s fabulously wealthy and fawned over are “contributing” during these serious and scary times…

Nolte then gives these two example of our Hollywood royalty.

And Madonna below, purposely made up ugly (at least it looks like that), and butchering fried fish, of all the goddam things to sing about.

I'm gonna push the fair use thing and give the rest of the article.

Oh, and let’s not forget Sean Penn’s deliberate attempt to spread even more anxiety with his Big Thinks about how Trump will use the coronavirus to “exploit the use of the military in some ways” — and those Big Thinks are so important that the oh-so reputable CNN broadcast them during primetime.

But now is the time to stop for a moment and take a good, long look around… To take in the reality of our situation as it stands right now…

All of America’s performers, all of our stars and celebrities are locked down at home. And other than releasing videos that prove just how unimpressive they are without make-up artists and CGI, that prove how tone deaf they are without that Milli Vanilli Magic, we hardly even remember them.

And most of us, after seeing those videos, sure would like to hardly remember them even more.

Yep, right now we are learning that these people do not matter.

Oh, we treat them like they matter. We sure as hell pay them like they matter … but they don’t.

Listen, no one’s a bigger movie fan than yours truly, and I so appreciate how art contributes to the quality of life. But I also have a little perspective about the world.

If these celebrities want to impress me, instead of producing ear-piercing reflections of their incurable narcissism, why don’t they go bag groceries, or deliver meals to the needy and elderly?

If these hacks really want to be as vital as America’s truckers, as the stock boys working third-shift, as the men collecting our garbage, as the women delivering take out, as the Amazon warehouse workers, as our health care workers and law enforcement, why don’t they put on protective gear and spend their days serving the countless homeless who have been camped in squalor right outside their front doors for years?

After all, as we’re seeing in their videos and tweets, it’s not like America’s Idle Royalty have anything better to do… But instead of doing something useful (while the rest of us still have to earn a living), and as if to prove just how goddamned unnecessary they are, they sit in their million-dollar mansions and ask everyone else to imagine how much better life would be without possessions.

Hey, Gal Gadot, why don’t you stick your pretty head out the window of your Personal Screening Room and ask the homeless encampment within shouting distance about their thoughts on possessions?

You know what, though, in the end, none of this will matter…

Because once this is all over, we all know the stupid American pecking order will return; a pecking order where the working class who took all the risks and did all the dangerous grunt work to keep our civilization civilized, will at best be forgotten and taken for granted again, and at worst return to being the only class of people you can safely ridicule … because Orange Man Bad.

And those in Hollywood, who proved to be the most disposable and annoying people in the history of the world, will return to being celebrated and hailed as “brave” for silly fashion choices and standing up for beliefs that carry no social risk whatsoever.

But at least for now, we are rid of them, and at least for now, we are reminded of how unnecessary they are.

The people who matter in this country, who really matter, who will always matter, are not scribblers like myself, and are certainly not the performers in Hollywood and the news media… No, the men and women who matter are the ones with the most difficult, dirty, thankless, and now dangerous jobs in the world. And they get up and do those jobs every single day…

And in doing them, they hold together our civilization.

God bless them all.  We can never thank them enough.

So what does this have to do with Trump Derangement Syndrome?

I'm reminded of an observation Nathaniel Branden used to say about everybody knowing the truth about themselves when they wake up alone at two o'clock in the morning. They don't use a mask at that time, not even to fool themselves.

The truth is, underneath, everybody knows what John Nolte just wrote. They know it deep in their gut. Even Hollywood royalty. Dreams are for the future, but without the present, dreams are nothing. There can be no future without the present.

But look at how pathetic our dream-keepers are without their dream-enhancing trappings. Their present is worse than many of our next-door neighbors singing in the shower. They are not striving to make their dreams real. They are wallowing in mediocrity.

Now think of this. Who sold the biggest dream of them all out in Hollywood and among the elites? Donald Trump did. He said go for it.

And go for it, people did. They went for keeping that dream alive in their hearts. They read his books and made bestsellers out of them. The consumed the image of a big money show-off he injected into the mainstream. They put his TV show at No. 1 for years. 

And did Donald Trump become a dream-keeper just like everyone else?

Nope.

He took his own advice and went for it out in reality.

He made his dream come true.

And he did not need them to do it.

Something none of them have the capacity to pull off.

Oh, they have the reputation of being able to make dreams come true. But it's unearned. When push comes to shove, they know they are peddling a dream future without having earned a real present where that makes any kind of sense. They don't strive in their personal lives to become competent and better at real things. One can build a dream by striving for it by living on the pathway to it.

Instead, they strive to be pampered and shielded from real things. I'm not talking about words or stories. I'm talking about reality. Reality-wise, these people are spiritual impostors. They crave to be worshiped for a metaphysical standing they have not earned and do not deserve. They can present a good story, but their reality sucks.

Well, President Trump emerged from enormous personal striving and became President of the United States against all odds--while keeping the dream all along. He didn't sell out his dream, but instead, transmuted into reality on a foundation of merit. And by extension, he made these impostors look at themselves in the daylight, not just at two o'clock in the morning when they are by themselves. He made them realize--in full awareness--how insignificant they really are.

They never forgave him for it.

This applies to all elitists who hate Trump, too. Especially conservative never-Trumpers who made their careers out of selling a conservative dream but not earning a conservative present of productivity and competence in dealing with reality. They could never do what President Trump did and it galls them to no end anyone could. They know what that makes them look like--to everyone and to themselves.

And now, for some goddam psychological reason I can't grok right now, these Hollyweird idiots are hell-bent on showing their public just how ugly, untalented, and insignificant they really are when they have to live the life their fans do. I can grok this much, though. They have a subconscious drive to put their hands on reality when all they've ever known is a dream.

But they're not going for the gold out there in reality. They're going for the shit. That's what they want their fans to see them right now: themselves as shit. And they want this right at the time when their fans are under attack by reality.

They will never forgive President Trump for making them do this, even though he didn't.

Their hatred of him is projected hatred of themselves.

Why do they hate themselves? Because they can't measure up and Trump can?

No. Not at root.

It's because they don't want to measure up and they know how wrong that is as a human being--at least they know it at two o'clock in the morning. 

Michael

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1