Mass Shootings Back to Back

Mass Shootings Back to Back

First El Paso, Texas, now Dayton, Ohio.

Dead people.

Innocent dead people.

In peaceful surroundings.

Before I sound off on my own thinking, I am going to see what law enforcement and the cultural gatekeepers come up with.

The timing, alignment with political winds, etc., are making it difficult for me to adhere to my "identify correctly in order to judge correctly" standard.

Initially, I want to blame this on people who would have the most to gain politically from it, including some vile evil people working for their agenda who trigger disturbed young men they have groomed over time to explode in rampages.

That's what I want to conclude.

But I'm going to hold that thought for now except to say that is my inclination. 

Let's hope the investigations are objective and the reporting on them truthful. And I will try to be as objective as I can, too.

I grieve for the innocent dead and those who love them. 

That's all I can way with 100% certainty at this moment.

Michael

From Heavy on both horrible events.

I assume the facts in these stories are accurate since, from my reading, Heavy tends to be better than the rest when it does "5 Facts You Need To Know" stories, but since Heavy is mainstream, it's more than likely that there are inaccuracies or agenda-driven slant. I've included Heavy stories on the Twitter leanings of the two shooters, but be careful with the slant in these two articles.

The El Paso shooting:

El Paso Walmart Shooting: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Patrick Crusius: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

FBI Investigating Possible Manifesto in El Paso Walmart Shooting

Patrick Crusius: Suspect’s Twitter Page Shows Trump Support

The Dayton shooting:

Dayton Shooting: Multiple Dead at Ned Peppers Bar in Ohio

Megan Betts, Connor Betts’ Sister Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Connor Betts: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Connor Betts: Twitter Posts on Being a Leftist, Guns

Michael

We are not going to do away with the right to bear arms but it may be time to do as President Trump said, have social media alert the authorities. And anyone reading "disturbing thoughts" can report them to, perhaps, Homeland Security or the local authorities.

Perhaps a free course on the net on how to spot the budding murderers is in order.

Increase concealed carry rights. I think twenty or thirty percent of the population could carry a concealed weapon without it seeming like the old west as portrayed in the movies. I think several teachers in each school should carry or have access to defensive firearms or weapons like tasers.  

I am already having second thoughts about "concealed carry" into a bar, but heck, its already happening and I bet if you frisked patrons of bars in high risk zones like black neighborhoods you would find a lot of concealed weapons.     

Here is my opinion of the two shooters so far.

El Paso shooter

In El Paso, the guy published a manifesto (read it here). The fake news media and the anti-Trump brigade went apeshit screaming white supremacy. I read the manifesto and there were anti-immigrant things in it, but a good hunk of it was devoted to climate change, including tirades against using oil. It was also anti-big corporations, and so on.

It read like a set of Democratic talking points with anti-immigration tacked on, including a few swipes at the fake news media, and some rather odd comments on gear and the like. There was nothing at all about white supremacy. There was one comment about dividing up the US into different confederacies according to race and culture with one of them being white, but not because whites are superior. He praised non-whites. He said mixing races creates identity problems. That was about it in terms of discussing whiteness.

In terms of ideas, the thing was more leftwing than right. But it was mostly a mishmash.

Dayton shooter

As to the Dayton shooter, he is a hard leftie. Many people are calling him Antifa's first mass shooter. I agree.

The anti-Trump media that is hollering white supremacy is ignoring this, but it is seeping through into the culture anyway through alt media voices.

Fake news mainstream media and anti-Trumpers 

The fake news mainstream media and anti-Trumpers are acting despicably in this whole thing. They are treating these shootings as a PR stunt where they get to holler white supremacy to get exposure and fund-raise. 

The sheer volume and viciousness with which they are doing it is disheartening, but, I for one, will not bow to them. I will keep calling it as I see it. They are wrong. They are intentionally wrong. They are acting like scumbags. 

They are dancing on the graves of the victims in order to show their asses and try to take power.

But I see them for what they are and so do millions upon millions of people.

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The sheer volume and viciousness with which they are doing it is disheartening...

. . .

But I see them for what they are and so do millions upon millions of people.

This comment does not belong in this thread per se, but the assault by the media on the public based on these shootings is so great, I want to so some kind of push-back.

From Rush Limbaugh today.
Trump Support Grows Stronger — and More Quiet — by the Day

Go on, click on the link and read it.

If you are a Trump supporter, or even if you are not, but are disheartened by the fake news media barrage of gross negativity and nastiness based on distortions and lies, you will feel better.

In other words, if you look at the shootings and then the press, and you feel scared or your anxiety level is high, relax. You are not alone. 

Michael 

17 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

In terms of ideas, the thing was more leftwing than right. But it was mostly a mishmash.

There's an article that gives nine key themes in the manifesto that have nothing to do with what the lefties and anti-Trumpers are yelling about (and the overwhelming vast majority of what they are yelling about is not in the manifesto).

Nine Themes in El Paso Shooter’s Manifesto the Media Ignored to Blame Trump

The coverage of this by the mainstream fake news media and anti-Trumpers is a bad joke told by a smarmy asshole.

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

There's an article that gives nine key themes in the manifesto that have nothing to do with what the lefties and anti-Trumpers are yelling about (and the overwhelming vast majority of what they are yelling about is not in the manifesto).

Nine Themes in El Paso Shooter’s Manifesto the Media Ignored to Blame Trump

The coverage of this by the mainstream fake news media and anti-Trumpers is a bad joke told by a smarmy asshole.

Michael

Thanks for the link.

An additional ploy us the erasing of Dayton. El Paso is being cited constantly by the press, but Dayton not so much. The shooter doesn't fit the Narrative. So, Dayton needs to be forgotten while El Paso gets hyped.