Takedown of Yaron Brook’s Anti-American Immigration Position

Mark

On 6/2/2019 at 11:32 AM, Neil Parille said:

It's incredible to listen to Yaron Brook, who allegedly has a PhD. in something called "finance," talk out of both sides of his mouth.  Do we have a good culture that can withstand potentially hundreds of millions of immigrants (which is what open immigration will result in) or don't we?

Also, he's so in the thrall of the idea that everything that's wrong with the world is caused by intellectuals.  Considering how bad the intellectuals are, I'm surprised that we still have a somewhat healthy culture.  

The ARIans have never been any good at political or cultural analysis or prognostication.

J

13 hours ago, anthony said:

From the first: "The poll found that Americans looking north has [sic] increased in the past two years".

In honesty, it adds:" The note explains, however, that desire doesn't equal action".

William, what we are hearing is people "virtue signaling" to pollsters, I think. Many loudly declaim and wish, fewer will come. Too bad - you'll not soon see many Hollywood celebs arriving...

Yeah, they're all still here despite their promises to flee to Canada. Words versus actions. It's much the same as people who "believe" in human-caused global warming, and preach it, but have a larger carbon footprint than the average person.

J

• Like 1

Chilliwack is the warmest city in Canada, per Wiki. Wow. And the Trans Canada Highway runs through it.  When I first saw the rainfall by month in millimeters, William, I thought I was looking at the rainfall in inches. Man the lifeboats! Your average lows range from the 30’s to 50’s year round. Not bad at all. Chilliwack benefits from the ocean and bay water just like we benefit from the Atlantic and The Chesapeake Bay. Chilliwack has the Fraser River (named after Fraser Crane?), The Salish Sea (Bay?), and the nearby Pacific Ocean according to the map I looked at. And there is a rock group called Chilliwack. What a coincidence, “Baby Blue.”

The rising sea has done virtually no rising for 50 years. It’s miniscule, though I have seen some marshes turn into very, very wet, wetlands. Houses next to the Atlantic Ocean in Fenwick Island, Delaware have been next to the ocean for a hundred years.

My county, Worcester County, Maryland benefits from the tourist dollars generated in Ocean City. In the middle of summer I can stand outside at night and listen to traffic about 3 miles away heading into the middle of OC which has about 145 cross streets numbered with numbers, so The Route 90 Bridge traffic I listen to, is heading for 60th Street. Route 113 from Philly and Route 50 from Baltimore can have delays every day during the summer.

Fox was showing that famous picture of Queen Elizabeth today, driving a jeep in shorts during WWII with her sexy, shapely legs. She was truly a nice looking lady. I can’t wait for more episodes of The Crown. And they also showed a clip from 2016 of some British royal who had a baby this year, saying Trump was divisive. Nyah, ptui!  Meghan Markel has a Harry baby. Damn. I made that up. Peter

11 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Yeah, they're all still here despite their promises to flee to Canada. Words versus actions. It's much the same as people who "believe" in human-caused global warming, and preach it, but have a larger carbon footprint than the average person.

J

Many of them sincerely believe, it’s just that they want you to die, first. They want your home burned down and turned back to prairie. Then they can enjoy earth with a smaller, sustainable population.

How many who oppose pipelines have turned off their pipeline? None. That would be suicide.

if-you-are-against-pipelines-then-do-you

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Many of them sincerely believe, it’s just that they want you to die, first. They want your home burned down and turned back to prairie. Then they can enjoy earth with a smaller, sustainable population.

How many who oppose pipelines have turned off their pipeline? None. That would be suicide.

if-you-are-against-pipelines-then-do-you

Ha, a perfect illustration. Shut off your own tap first (and freeze) instead of telling others they must do so and suffer - while, at no cost to ourselves, sounding ever-so-righteous to others of our type, too. Better yet, let's tell the Big Other, government, to enforce others to do our bidding. Welcome to the world of other-ism. 

18 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Many of them sincerely believe, it’s just that they want you to die, first. They want your home burned down and turned back to prairie. Then they can enjoy earth with a smaller, sustainable popula

There are also those who know full well that it's a crock and who are pushing it mendaciously for population-reduction (and other) goals.

Ellen

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is old but it is still funny. Years ago I saw Kinkie Freidman on, "Scarborough Country." Kinkie Freidman, campaigning for governor of Texas has a strategy for solving the immigration problem. His strategy for border patrol is called Five Mexican Generals. He said five Mexican generals would divide the border into five pieces and they would be paid to protect the border. Each would have $1,000,000.00 put into a bank account in America. But if an immigrant crossed the border illegally, they would lose $5,000 from their account. At the end of the year they can collect the remaining amount form the original million dollars. This is not putting the security of America in the hands of foreigners. We would continue to have border security on our side.

That was very frank, and the language was a bit offensive to me, but the ideas hit home.  I think I will listen again.

A few ideas from the podcast? Race Reparations? No. Eight years of stagnation under Obama paid for that falsity. Isn’t that advocating a white people’s tax too?

Culture is why some people are failing, while some people who were discriminated against, like Italians and Jews, are prospering.

Comedy is not as cutting edge as it used to be. An Eddy Murphy sketch was mentioned where he wears “white face” and walks into a bank and instantly gets a loan.

10:17 "...The ultimate standard of value is an individual's life..." (From a respondent).

Hate to quibble with a good presentation, may sound semantical -- but no.

Rather, from VoS: The ~standard~ of value of the O'ist ethics is "man's life".

(One's own life cannot, of course, be one's "standard" - one's "gauge"-  the abstract principle to measure one's acts by. This is circular, self-referencing and turns subjective).

The individual's ultimate ~value~ being his life, now that is immensely different. Not his standard of value.

I remember a study that showed between 10 and 11 percent of all Muslims worldwide supported attacks on America and Israel including the Twin Towers and Pentagon attacks. That was the percent who admitted it for publication! What would the percent of Muslims be when they speak among themselves? Much higher? I don’t want them here and neither do good Americans, except for Americans with familial links to other Muslim countries. They are an exception and I would consider their requests. Peter   

A letter to OL from Robert Campbell, closed up for brevity. Quote. See if that were the case and you were at war with Islam, rather than just terrorism, you'd be at war with more than 1.6 billion people and you'd lose that war even quicker than you're losing this one I can assure you of that.. LM,

What percentage of those 1.6 billion people are good Muslims, from your point of view? Suppose you exclude from that 1.6 billion everyone who thinks God has blessed honor killings, or clitoridectomy, or just forbidding women to drive cars.

Suppose you exclude from that 1.6 billion everyone who thinks God has commanded all women to wear burqas or abayas in public. Suppose you exclude from that 1.6 billion everyone who believes that the Godly path consists of according dictatorial powers to the top Islamic cleric in the vicinity, or bestowing them on a non-cleric whose strongman status has been blessed by selected Islamic clerics in the vicinity.

Suppose you exclude from that 1.6 billion everyone who believes that the institution of slavery is now or ever was consistent with Islamic belief. Suppose you exclude from that 1.6 billion everyone who believes that dhimmi status for Christians, Jews, and maybe Zoroastrians, and the choice of slaughter or forced conversion for pagan Arabs and Hindus, is consistent with the tenets of Islam.

Suppose you exclude from that 1.6 billion everyone who believes that the duty of waging war on non-Muslims is incumbent on all able-bodied Muslim males.

Suppose you get so bold as to exclude from that 1.6 billion everyone who believes that there is a Hell, and that every non-Muslim will sooner or later end up roasting in it. Suppose you exclude from that 1.6 billion anyone who ever believes, ever for a moment, that being a Muslim automatically makes one superior to all non-Muslims, and entitled to a role, however modest, in ruling over them. Now how many will you have left?

If your top priority is getting Muslims to adopt more enlightened attitudes, how many of those 1.6 billion do you suppose you can count on? How many can you reasonably express solidarity with?

If, on the other hand, your top priority is Islamic empire spanning much of the globe in the near future, and individual rights maybe a long while later, how many of those 1.6 billion can you reasonably express solidarity with?

You have made it clear that you oppose American empire. You can probably be counted on to oppose some other kinds, such as Russian or Chinese empire. What's your view of Islamic empire?

My recollection is that you have never admitted that Islam was largely spread by conquest. Would you really mind whether, say, the current Iranian regime conquered far and wide in the name of your religion. And maybe got around to matters of life, liberty, and property in 1332 years, give or take a few? Robert Campbell

William Sherk quoted on his blog: “Trump . . . . was developing a “smart person’s waiver” to allow successful foreign college students to remain in the United States more easily after graduating . . . . and called another judge’s decision to stop the administration from adding a citizenship question to the 2020 Census “horrible and ridiculous.”

The smart person waiver sounds moral and feasible. Allowing more legal immigration for successful, educated, smarter, people makes sense as does allowing more people to immigrate who will quickly assimilate and uphold American values. We have allowed legal immigrants who joined the Army a quicker path to citizenship. So, suggesting that we should ban people from areas of the globe where anti Americanism is rampant is sensible and not racist or reactionary.

The citizenship question on the census is debatable. It isn’t horrible or ridiculous but I would not make it mandatory. I would eliminate the question entirely because we want an honest, and closest possible estimation of the people living in America. Citizenship can be ascertained through other means. Peter