Any Good Books on Seduction Based on the Visibility Principle?

TraylorT

Nathaniel Branden said in one of his books, "Experts at seduction know how to make another person feel visible."  Are there any books on this subject or are there any books that come close to what Nathaniel Branden is talking about here?

If not, can you tell me how you seduce a person using the visibility principle?  Or give me some tips?  Anything would be greatly appreciated!  Preferably advice for a guy trying to seduce a girl.

TraylorT,

Welcome to OL.

I doubt you will find any PUA material that specifically mentions Nathaniel Branden or the visibility principle. If you think conceptually, though, you can see it in PUA material. 

But you need to get familiar with that kind of persuasion to look correctly. So I suggest The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists by Neil Strauss for an overview. It's pretty cheap on Amazon (you can get a used copy for a couple of bucks) and a fun, colorful read. You might even find it in your local library.

Also, I have another suggestion. I have studied a lot of stuff by marketing guru, Eben Pagan. He started out making courses in this field under the pseudonym, David DeAngelo, and still sells dating courses under that name. (In fact, I remember he once mentioned his sales figures and it turns out they sell better than his more serious courses. :) )

Eben was a friend of Nathaniel Branden. (As an aside, I have a story about a package of NB's material Eben sold to his email list where he got a lot of his marketing guru buddies on board to sell to their lists and I'm pretty sure I inadvertently had a hand in it. But that's for another time...)

So you might find some hints more directly aligned with NB in Eben's David DeAngelo material. I can't tell you a specific course, though, because I have not gone through any of them. I once tried to listen to an audio version a friend gave me of Cocky Comedy: How To Use Cocky Comedy To Make Women Feel Instant Attraction And Literally Addicted To Being Around You, but I wasn't looking for that at the time and I started feeling cheesy. :) There's probably a lot of great advice in that course, though. Eben's top quality in everything he does.

So seek and ye shall find. I have no doubt. There is no lack of this kind of material online, both free and paid. After reading The Game, you will know where to look.

For the record, I have not used PUA instruction in my own dating. My successes and flops came about the good old fashioned way of not knowing what the hell I was doing, but doing it anyway. :) I only studied this stuff as part of my persuasion studies after I had settled down with Kat. (Drat! Why didn't I do it sooner? :) )

Apropos of nothing in particular, I used to frequent a blog called Salty Droid that was a hilarious expose of Internet Marketing gurus. But the young lawyer who used the Salty Droid persona (a robot that cussed like a sailor, spoke English in a weird manner and stood up for people who got ripped off) was deadly serious about trying to eliminate Internet marketing everywhere. I stopped going there when it became too much of a crusade and sounding like witch hunts. In short, it stopped being funny. Oddly enough, this blog was a great way to learn some basic Internet marketing concepts so if you are ever interested in that, go there and read the older archives. (For me, the newer stuff is too much like propaganda to be useful or entertaining.)

Ross Jeffries (one of the PUA gurus) would often show up and mix it up with Salty and everyone, but claim he had a clean bill of health from Salty. And Salty would not deny it. This kept up for quite a while until Salty finally got irritated, declared he hated all PUA people and kicked him off the site. 

Ross Jeffries has some good instruction, though. If I recall correctly, Tom Cruise's character in the film, Magnolia, is based on him.

There. Plenty of information to get you going.

Good luck to you...

Michael

14 hours ago, TraylorT said:

Nathaniel Branden said in one of his books, "Experts at seduction know how to make another person feel visible."  Are there any books on this subject or are there any books that come close to what Nathaniel Branden is talking about here?

If not, can you tell me how you seduce a person using the visibility principle?  Or give me some tips?  Anything would be greatly appreciated!  Preferably advice for a guy trying to seduce a girl.

Branden also said in an interview (15-20 years ago) that romantic love had become seriously superficial in recent times. Yup. I doubt that techniques of seduction were his point, in your quote, but instead the effectiveness of "visibility", important in any relations. So I'd think, he was not endorsing "pick up artistry"..

TraylorT,

I forgot. (Seriously, I forgot until just now.)

There's a dude in California named Anthony Johnson who does dating advice (among other things for insecure young men). He runs an outfit called 21 University. It's a paid video streaming service, but he also holds seminars and probably some other stuff.

He used to know NB, too.

I mentioned him and his work in a thread I started a couple of months ago: A Different Kind of Objectivist Romance.

btw - You wouldn't happen to be him or one of his pals trying to get a plug, would you?

People keep changing names around here all the time whenever we talk about him or thereabouts. (Including offline, at least in my case...)

:) 

Michael

Be yourself but give the person you desire, your undivided attention when they speak. Then go back to your book, TV, or electronic device. If they speak again, it means they want to speak again, and more often, so once again give them your attention without an annoyed, "I'm listening" expression or condescension. Then go back to your book . . . repeat as many times as necessary . . . because you desire that person more than your X, Y, or Z.