Another perspective on Roy Moore and sexual misconduct allegations, from AMTV

Edited by william.scherk
Glorp

17 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

But underneath, this is sheer cultural poison. Our times are going to enter an oppressive prudish phase after the dust settles and that does not please me. I certainly don't expect human nature to change re mixing power and sex, but I do expect the power people to develop expertise in sexual accusatory skills for taking out enemies (all sides, including Social Justice Warriors as they age), so some darkness is coming.

Paul Joseph Watson just noticed the same thing.

Here he is speaking out against "trial by social media mob outrage" as he mixes the new sex scandal culture with a sexual Puritanism being appropriated by the third wave feminists for power--and highlighting the collectivism--the spiritual and conceptual collectivism--of this brand of feminism.

He doesn't say it as I'm going to right now, but this is what he means and I have no doubt he would agree with me. Masculinity is a thought crime males commit by Big Sister third wave feminists.

The funny part is third wave feminists have lost most of the female followers of feminism... well... most females in general...

Hear, hear!

Michael

Gloria Allred brought forth another woman (Beverly Young Nelson) to accuse Roy Moore--this time of attempted rape (see here). And she produced a high school yearbook as some kind of proof.

But these folks are getting sloppier and sloppier.

The following is from The Gateway Pundit, which often needs to be checked--it likes to jump the gun on conclusions at times, but in the case of comparative analysis of handwriting, it presents a very reasonable case:

IT’S A FAKE! Analyst Says Judge Roy Moore Signature Inside Gloria Allred Accuser’s Yearbook Was FORGED

The funniest part about this is that the alleged signature of Moore on the 1977 high school yearbook is dated "Christmas." And as the article state:

Then there’s this– Who signs a yearbook in December?
Yearbooks are published at the end of the school year: summer.
Christmas is the MIDDLE of the school year.

(The last two lines above are from a tweet by Thomas Wictor that is quoted in the article.)

Who indeed signs a yearbook in December? When I was a kid, nobody knew where they had stored their yearbooks from the year before. And from what I read, the yearbooks of this high school were issued in August. Even today, who knows where their yearbook is after 5 months? Besides, this contradicts what the lady said (see the transcript in the first link in this post). She said she received her yearbook in November. 

There are a lot of discrepancies, the least of which is that Moore was DDA at the time, not DA as in the writing in the yearbook. Also, the restaurant was called "Old Hickory House," not "Olde Hickory House" as in the writing in the yearbook.

Somebody screwed up big time...

In fact, this story is so lame, the lady said Moore reached over in the car and locked it so she couldn't get out. Er... Did she forget to pull on the door handle to open the door? I mean, that's how you got out of a locked car back then, even is someone is groping you. From what I saw on a Google search, with very few exceptions in certain luxury models, only modern cars lock the passenger in and leave it up to the driver to release them. This lady even said Moore finally allowed her to open the car door to get out. :) 

Michael

Lots of drama about Judge Roy Moore. In my opinion, this is all political.

After scrutiny, the Beverly lady's case keeps getting holes blown into it. For example, Judge Moore ruled on her divorce 18 years after she claims he assaulted her. Yet, as Moore said in his open letter to Sean Hannity, she didn't have any emotional reaction like she did in front of the cameras the other day.

:) 

Allred was asked if the writing in the yearbook was forged and she clammed up. She said no way José to letting an independent expert examine the writing in the yearbook or even verify that the yearbook is not a fraud, not without a Senate hearing first (see here). :) 

Frankly, this is getting boring. New women are appearing and it is tedious to examine each one to see the holes in the story, then find there are. There is going to be a whole month of this back-and-forth crap before the election, so I'm going to focus on other things a little more unless something decisive happens. 

According to Rush Limbaugh, this series of female accusers is a fight between Mitch McConnell and Steve Bannon and would happen even if Bannon's candidate were someone else. I agree with Rush.

And, of course, there's this. The viciousness and relentlessness of this attack on Moore is to send a message to any "old boys club" outsiders who want to crash the party. Look at what will happen to a person if he or she even tries. Just shut up, sit down and let them rule, goddammit. They own the Senate, not the voters! One Trump is enough to irritate the hell out of them and they are still trying to figure out how to take him out.

Lesson?

Do not go poking swamp creatures with a short stick. They'll bite your arm off.

Fortunately, I believe Bannon has a long stick. He has his own press and he has a lot of forgotten pissed off citizens who vote.

Michael

" New women are appearing and it is tedious to examine each one to see the holes in the story, then find there are."

12 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Frankly, this is getting boring. New women are appearing and it is tedious to examine each one to see the holes in the story, then find there are.

franken00.png

“I certainly don’t remember the rehearsal for the skit in the same way, but I send my sincerest apologies to Leeann,” Franken said in a initial statement. “As to the photo, it was clearly intended to be funny but wasn’t. I shouldn't have done it.”

After that statement, backlash mounted. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell called for a Senate Ethics Committee investigation, and several of Franken’s Democratic colleagues joined in. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York labeled Franken’s apology insufficient and supported calls for an investigation, and Claire McCaskill and Patty Murray did the same.

Franken then released a second, longer statement. “The first thing I want to do is apologize: to Leeann, to everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women,” he said. “There’s more I want to say, but the first and most important thing—and if it’s the only thing you care to hear, that’s fine—is: I’m sorry.”

He added, “I respect women. I don’t respect men who don’t,” and said he was “ashamed.” He said he also supported an ethics investigation and would cooperate.

Edited by william.scherk

Here's a question to ponder.

In Christianity, the believer is encouraged to confess his or her sins and repent without being accused. Not all do, but there is a pattern of many who do this.

I. myself, did this in public about my drug abuse (and some other shortcomings) and I'm not Christian. I just wanted to be good after being weary of carrying all that baggage of doing bad and keeping all those useless secrets. Frankly, it was liberating. To be consistent with Objectivism, you can even say I did it for a selfish reason.

But I wonder about Al Franken, who tends to act holier than thou. He just said: “There’s more I want to say, but the first and most important thing—and if it’s the only thing you care to hear, that’s fine—is: I’m sorry.”

Is he truly sorry? Would he have been sorry if he had not been caught or would he have continued doing what Al did up to then? Would he have repented on his own without first being accused?

If not, should we treat him as a man of integrity who saw the light? Or as a sleaze who got caught?

There is no doubt he will make a play of presenting an image how honest and upstanding he is now. Hell, he's even called for an investigation into himself. :) 

Granted, after this scare, he probably won't do it again, but it will be hard to stomach him preaching about how moral and caring of humanity he is. He needs to earn back his public respect, not pounce on it because he was exposed. Give it some time, Al. Just get out of the spotlight, start doing good and give it some time...

Michael

bushgrope.png

For what it's worth, Franken isn't touching Tweeden in the photo. The shadows reveal that his hands are close to her, but not touching her. It's a gag photo between buddies goofing around on the road (or in the air). Not that it's going to matter. The court of public opinion has already arrived at the verdict that the photo is proof that he molested her while she was sleeping.

And now Franken's SNL rape skit ideas are being revisited and retried by the court of public opinion's new standards.

Will the left rethink their positions on any of this now that they've begun to be hoist by their own petard? 

J

In today's seminar we will explore the differences between Monsters/Pedophile Satanic Rothschild Ruling Cult members like Al Franken and France's First Lady of Pedophilia -- and the "witch hunt" against pure, sweet, innocent Roy Moore." CliffNotes: IOKIYAR.

Edited by william.scherk

Whew!

Jake Tapper almost didn't get the money shot with Tweeden. But she finally did cry.

I think Jake's the only one who got the money shot from Tweeden today. And she's been interviewed a lot.

Go to 21:37 and watch Jake set it up correctly and get the payoff. I wonder if he feels proud of his journalistic prowess...

Michael

Here comes the Linguistic Kill Shot:

For those who don't know, a Linguistic Kill Shot is a term created by Scott Adams (the Dilbert creator) to mean a nickname or adjective that is engineered to stick to a public target like a tick and suck his or her blood. It does not have to be original, but it does have to be outside of normal use at the time (so the freshness is entertaining). It needs to have a spotlight on it when it is launched. And it must carry a negative truth about the target that is easily seen by anyone, but few have mentioned as normal public talk up to that point.

Al Frankenstien...

LOL...

Yup...

It's right up there with Low Energy Jeb, Little Marco, Lyin' Ted, Crooked Hillary, Pocahontas (Elizabeth Warren), Rocket Man (Kim Jong-un) and so on.

Michael

Gloria Allred's gotcha attack seems to be at the start of collapsing.

If all she's got is a gotcha like Moore signed divorce papers, but the lady didn't actually see him when he did, it's going to be a PR fizzle.There's a video at the link below and Allred sounds like a disaster answering a normally friendly Katy Tur. Allred can't seem to get her words out with any kind of flow or expression that would indicate normal honest speech. She is choppy, evasive and even shows irritation when Tur asked certain questions.

It doesn't help that she's trying to punk off Congress for publicity and everybody sees that. Even Tur says that doesn't make any sense to her.

Gloria Allred: ‘I Haven’t Asked’ Beverly Young Nelson If She Saw Roy Moore Sign Her Yearbook

Nice try, Gloria...

Now let's see if you have an A Game.

Michael

Michael,

If Allred believes her client then she should submit the year book for review.  Based on the kind of ink, how much or little it has chemically changed and how the ink has penetrated the page, a document analyst could easily tell if the inscription was made this year or decades ago.

For those who didn't know (I may have mentioned this before), but Jim Valliant recently came out with a book on the origins of Christianity (Creating Christ).

I reviewed it and extensively posted comments on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R21N3705LBJS5C/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01LRP3EDG

Unfortunately Valliant refuses to debate me so we aren't going to relive the glory days of the PARC Wars.

For what it's worth, Creating Christ is much better written than PARC.  I assume that's because of Fahy.

Incidentally some of Valliant's sources are from Wikipedia.  As I wrote:

I mentioned that Valliant and Fahy show almost no knowledge of contemporary New Testament scholarship. They do mention Luke Johnon's The Real Jesus for the possibility that the Epistle of James may be one of the earliest documents in the NT. They cite page 121 of that book. The wikipedia article on James cites Johnson's book, page 121, for the same point.

Some style books require "as cited in . . ." and others strongly recommend it (according to RC).  I guess a twist on the famous "Valliantquoat."

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

For those who don't know, a Linguistic Kill Shot is a term created by Scott Adams (the Dilbert creator) to mean a nickname or adjective that is engineered to stick to a public target like a tick and suck his or her blood.

Have you read Win Bigly yet?  I found it worthwhile.  Though on audiobook, with Adams reading...he comes across as "low energy".

'Grab 'em by the Pussy' Groper-in-Chief misspells Frankenstein.

00trumpgropewords.png

Edited by william.scherk
"All of Donald Trump's accusers are liars ... "

1 hour ago, 9thdoctor said:

Have you read Win Bigly yet?  I found it worthwhile.  Though on audiobook, with Adams reading...he comes across as "low energy".

Dennis,

I've already gone through the audiobook and am in the middle of doing it a second time. The print copy arrived in the mail today and I already know which parts I want to mark up.

This book merits study. It's not the best persuasion book around, but it is so clear and simple on some core techniques, it's more valuable to me than more complete book.

Yes, Scott sucks as a reader. :) But, then again, he's overcome a medical condition to be able to do that at all.

So just listen to it at double speed. That increases his energy some and, since he talks rather slowly, you won't miss a thing.

As an aside, I'm doing a few Udemy courses right now on brain development, neuroscience and marketing by a guy named Gregory Caremans (see here). There's a Black Friday sale where the courses are $10 a pop. I've only done the one on focus so far, but I was impressed with his info and approach. Most focus books and courses either talk about mindfulness and Buddha and stuff like that, or they give you helpful tips about decluttering, don't watch TV and study, etc. Caremans is the first person I have encountered who makes practical use of Kahneman's System One and System Two thinking to help you improve focus. His teaching style is overly-mannered, but, hey, you can't have everything. And at least he's not boring.

Michael

Jurist and candidate for high office admits to sordid|normal|thanks-for-not-telling-us sex life ...

oneill_post.jpg

As of yet, no comment from Paul Joseph Watson, Rush Limbaugh, Styxhexenhammer, David Seaman or the creator of Dilbert.

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Dennis,

I've already gone through the audiobook and am in the middle of doing it a second time.

Have you read the book Presuasion by "Godzilla"?  Adams sure thinks highly of him.  It's not a topic I normally take much interest in.