Inspiration

atlashead

Do you leave your mind at the bar entrance? Might there be something of "inspiration" you see or hear in a public place, you wouldn't find at home? I can't say, of course, but observation and thinking accompany you everywhere. Visit the bar. (Not regularly). 

11 hours ago, atlashead said:

I'll start this off by saying I wanted to go to a bar tonight but instead I'm going to stay home and try and be a creator.  So now to the topic.

What is, to you, inspiration?

An intellectual  itch that cannot be scratched away. 

22 hours ago, atlashead said:

What is, to you, inspiration?

AH,

Ayn Rand, for one thing. Jordan Peterson (a recent discovery for me) for another. Neuroscience, modern psychology (especially evolutionary psychology), persuasion, fiction writing, the spirit in America that veered away from a collectivist/elitist cliff and resulted in the election of President Trump, probing the meaning of life, my immediate family. I deal with these everyday and I love them all. Each has their heroes, insights, mysteries and fun. What's more, I'm sure I left out some things. :) 

What is inspiring to to you? What do you want to create?

Michael

10 hours ago, Wolf DeVoon said:

My best work was inspired by music: Jimmy Page and John Bonham, Frank Zappa, Jimi Hendrix

Yup, an inspirational source is causal, prompting action. Inspired - by something(/someone) to do - what?

(Thought is also action).

1 hour ago, Brant Gaede said:

My mind is my inspiration--that is, I need to feed it. It's addicted to human being.

--Brant

How does your addiction assert itself?  What do you do to your itch  to scratch it?

5 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

How does your addiction assert itself?  What do you do to your itch  to scratch it?

Reading about people doing stupid, horrible things to other people. I try to understand why so--just maybe--I can do something about it. No luck so far.

I've always been most focused on the macro level, from about the age of 5 or 6.

The biggest and stupidest thing I can think of was WWI.

--Brant

something about the ammunition makers--metaphorically if not literally

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 8/13/2017 at 9:00 AM, Brant Gaede said:

My mind is my inspiration--that is, I need to feed it. It's addicted to human being.

--Brant

Brant,  This is the best succinct post of yours ever. And nobody does succinct like you.  Maybe I should revive the weekly awards.

On 8/12/2017 at 10:59 AM, BaalChatzaf said:

An intellectual  itch that cannot be scratched away. 

On further thought, not quite right.  What I said above is more of an obsession than an inspiration.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...