• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

On the other side of fake news, there are journalists who have integrity.

Lara Logan is the kind of journalist we would all do well to follow.

There are others like her, too.

But just a few left in the mainstream corporate media, which has proven to be on the side of evil over and over and over.

Michael

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

There is a guy on Twitter who gave such a great account of the despicable fake news coverage of Kyle Rittenhouse that I decided to put it here in readable form.

But first, for later readers, Kyle Rittenhouse was a 17 year old kid who went to Kenosha in August 2020 (a city neighboring where he lived) at the time of a BLM and Antifa protest. He went there to do a totally unrelated gig as a community lifeguard. After he finished his gig, he wanted to help clean up the mess from the previous night's protest and, in addition, he was told an auto dealer needed help to keep his business from being completely destroyed that night. The protest had turned into a riot. Kyle and others received guns to protect themselves due to the danger and went to help protect the auto dealership. He also helped provide first aid to friend and foe alike while he was there.

When he and others impeded a major fire from happening, the rioters became belligerent. During their ensuing attacks, someone shot a gun (not Kyle) and Kyle left running. The crowd took off after him and more gunshots were heard. When one his pursuers threw a bag full of something at Kyle, fearing it was a weapon of some sort, he shot the pursuer dead. He tried to stop and give aid, but the crowd grew and went after him. During the chase, Kyle stumbled and fell on the ground. People came up to assault him and take his weapon. Kyle shot one dead who had hit him with a skateboard. Another attacked him with a Glock pistol and Kyle shot him in the arm (the gun arm). The crowd dispersed (while still calling him names) and Kyle walked on a long stretch of near-empty street toward the police to surrender. 

Later he was charged and tried with murder and a few other counts. A jury acquitted him of all charges as he was operating in self-defense. But before that, there was a year and a half of extremely hostile prime-time press and politicians condemning Kyle. Even Biden joined in. 

You can read a very good description of events here. And you can see videos of the shooting here.

Now to the lying-ass news. 

First the tweet at the start of the thread. If you prefer to read this thread on Twitter, go to this tweet and there the thread will be.

And here a condensation of all the tweets by Drew Holden. I have separated them by double lines.

It’s time to revisit the coverage of Kyle Rittenhouse.

With the news that he has been acquitted on all counts, don’t forget the ways that Dems and the corporate press came together to craft a false narrative in his case. 

Let’s break down how we got here.
============================

We need to start with the media coverage that framed this case in the public mind.

To the press, Rittenhouse was as good as guilty when the news broke. So naturally, to 
@CNN, the people he shot in self defense were heroes & those defending him had “justified murder.”

image.png     image.png

This wasn’t just limited to CNN. 

@nytimes  put out what amounts to a hit piece on Rittenhouse because his “social media accounts showed strong support for officers.” 

They even put out a piece about how right-wingers attacking protestors was some sort of phenomenon.

image.png     image.png

Never to be outdone, @MSNBC  said the shooting was white supremacy and then went on to blame - who else - President Trump for “fueling violence,” sowing “chaos and disorder” and “encouraging vigilante justice” (peep that last guest)

image.png     image.png

Perhaps no one in the media has spent more time sharing inaccurate information than 
@JoyAnnReid. This was no exception.

She lumped Rittenhouse in with “white nationalist mobs” and accused Trump of “ethnic cleansing” (!!) for daring to defend Rittenhouse.

image.png     image.png

Once again, @briantylercohen hosts a show called “No Lie” and yet spouts nonsense and misinformation in a nearly unparalleled way.

image.png     image.png

You may remember that, later on in the news cycle, President Trump spoke about Rittenhouse, suggesting he acted in self defense.

@AP took this as an opportunity to fact check that, dinging Trump for - I kid you not - defending someone who “opposed racial-justice protestors”

image.png     image.png

Speaking of fact checks, here’s @PolitiFact claiming that Trump lied when he said Rittenhouse was trying to get away from protestors and was attacked - both details have since been confirmed by video.

Will you update your inaccurate post, Politifact? Or the gun charge details?

image.png     image.png

image.png

@NPR picked up on a similar sentiment, knocking Trump for “claiming, without evidence, that it appeared the gunman was acting in self-defense.”

Now we’ve had a court of law confirm it was using videos and context many of which were available at the time.

image.png     image.png

Again, the framing of what happened was always preposterous. Here’s @Yamiche from NPR claiming that the takeaway was meant to be “that ifs okay for a 17-year old to shoot people on the street who are unarmed, who are at a protest.”

This is impossible to square with the facts.

image.png

@washingtonpost and @AaronBlake made the same case. While they might’ve forgiven Trump had he only declined to denounce Rittenhouse, that he would “volunteer defenses” for someone who acted in self-defense was simply beyond the pale.

This is meant as straight news coverage.

image.png     image.png

Also, as a call out, this type of deceptive coverage is still going on. 

During the trial, @Reuters described someone who attacked Rittenhouse as the “survivor of shooting by U.S, teen” while @CBSMornings said Rittenhouse “murdered two men” (h/t @BecketAdams)

image.png     image.png

I don’t know that one could even call this commentary from 
@NYMag journalism.

image.png     image.png

image.png

I don’t have space for all the awful coverage, but here’s a smattering from @USATODAY (doesn’t sound like it), @CBSNews (interesting the trending Twitter topics that make headlines) and @thedailybeast (“fanatic”).

The takeaway audience were meant to have was clear.

And wrong.

image.png     image.png

Perhaps the most famous accusations came not from the media but from elected representatives.

@AyannaPressley called Rittenhouse a “white supremacist domestic terrorist” while @IlhanMN just went with “domestic terrorist.”

I ask earnestly: is this not libelous?

image.png     image.png

The now-President, @JoeBiden, called Rittenhouse a white supremacist absent evidence.

I want to pause to drive that point home: the most powerful man on the planet used his influence & authority to libel a teenager while said teenager faced spurious, politically driven charges.

image.png     image.png

It’s hard to keep track of all the Democratic elected officials who baselessly accused Rittenhouse of being some variety of evil.

Here @RepSwalwell and @JamaalBowmanNY both call Rittenhouse a terrorist while @ChrisMurphyCT calls him a “deranged white nationalist”

image.png     image.png

image.png

@RepDonBeyer spreads a whirlwind of disinformation here, as we now know that those killed weren’t peaceful, protestors or murdered.

@RepJeffries makes a similar category of error and then, just days ago, doubled down (and then some) with his own suggestion of lawlessness.

image.png     image.png

image.png

The most unhinged content - as ever - came from lefty blue checks across Twitter.

This from @tribelaw captures much of the sentiment.

image.png     image.png

You had to know @JRubinBlogger would be here.

image.png     image.png

Given his track record, I think this sentiment means that @MaxBoot will be suggesting regime change in Kenosha any day now.

image.png

There were so many bad takes in the early days of this story. I can’t possibly get to them all, but here are a few more from:

@BetoORourke (good luck on that gov run)
@ananavarro (again with the “white supremacist”)
@AAPolicyForum (sheesh)
@greg_doucette (“white nationalist”)

image.png     image.png

image.png     image.png

My two cents is that the world would be better if more men with guns showed up to town when the criminal anarchists descended and the police were told to stand down.

But even if you think differently, it is impossible to square this coverage with what actually happened.

All of this misinformation will only serve as an accelerant for America’s contentious conversations around race at a time when race relations are cratering.

And these brazen lies were told when a young man’s life quite literally was hanging in the balance.

My takeaway from this: I hope that Rittenhouse has a good attorney experienced in libel cases for the work ahead.

And I hope that everyday people remember the power the media & politicians have to destroy the life of an innocent man.

For what it’s worth, my understanding is that it’s really difficult to win a libel claim against the press or a public figure, even with something this egregious.

Whatever else you make of that fact, it certainly means that situations like this will continue to happen.

Also, for those who have asked about throwing me beer money, I’ve turned on tips. These have always been a labor of love but i won’t pretend they aren’t time intensive.

You can click the link on my profile (image below) to get there on mobile, and there’s also a Bitcoin option.

image.png

Just unbelievable framing here from the Times, as if it is some grave injustice that the prosecution in a criminal case must...meet a burden.

image.png

Whew!

I hope you enjoyed that.

Or, better, got pissed off.

Michael

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Brian Williams is a goner. And he was as fake as fake news gets.

btw - He said he's worried about darkness and America. And, I quote: "They’ve decided to burn it all down with us inside."

He's probably talking about a Black Lives Matter and Antifa riot his show covered and spun as a peaceful demonstration ... :evil: 

Positive spin:

WWW.MSN.COM

MSNBC host and former “NBC Nightly News” anchor and managing editor Brian Williams signed off for the last time at NBC on Thursday evening.

Negative spin:

4e14bbf9-ab18-4e19-9c13-f4cf92f0aae9.png
TOWNHALL.COM

Brian Williams, dismissed as "NBC Nightly News" anchor in 2015 for serial embellishment and lying, has decided to walk away from his MSNBC show "The 11th Hour." CNN's Brian Stelter,

Video and text:

WWW.REALCLEARPOLITICS.COM

Undeniable fact:

He's gone, at least for now.

So, for the fake news media, there goes Chris Cuomo, Rachel Maddow, Brian Williams, some others, and more on the way.

:)

Michael

On 12/10/2021 at 12:21 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Brian Williams is a goner. And he was as fake as fake news gets.

btw - He said he's worried about darkness and America. And, I quote: "They’ve decided to burn it all down with us inside."

He's probably talking about a Black Lives Matter and Antifa riot his show covered and spun as a peaceful demonstration ... :evil: 

Positive spin:

WWW.MSN.COM

MSNBC host and former “NBC Nightly News” anchor and managing editor Brian Williams signed off for the last time at NBC on Thursday...

Negative spin:

4e14bbf9-ab18-4e19-9c13-f4cf92f0aae9.png
TOWNHALL.COM

Brian Williams, dismissed as "NBC Nightly News" anchor in 2015 for serial embellishment and lying, has decided to walk away from his...

Video and text:

WWW.REALCLEARPOLITICS.COM

Undeniable fact:

He's gone, at least for now.

So, for the fake news media, there goes Chris Cuomo, Rachel Maddow, Brian Williams, some others, and more on the way.

Michael

BUT WAIT- THERE'S MORE!!!

(Seriously, CNN, WTF? It's...well, it's almost as if the Q-anons were on to something on that topic, ya know?)

global_internet_outage_88302_c0-121-1992
WWW.WASHINGTONTIMES.COM

A CNN senior producer who once bragged about working “shoulder-to-shoulder” with former anchor Chris Cuomo has been charged with...

• Smile 1

Finally.

Chris Wallace is leaving Fox and moving to CNN.

Now he is where he belongs.

And, hopefully, soon CNN will be in the garbage-heap of history where all Mockingbird projects belong.

1601432979086.None_.jpeg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Dirtbag Never-Trumper Chris Wallace announced on Sunday that he is leaving FOX News. It’s about time. The leftist activist has been host at Sunday Morning Futures for several years now. The ratings must have...

934C2303-9544-4359-B53B-B64EB280AA40.jpe
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Never-Trumper Chris Wallace announced on Sunday that he is leaving FOX News. Wallace is most famous for joining the Democrat Party, teaming up against President Trump and carrying Joe Biden’s corpse...

I don't think Fox News can be salvaged from the sins of corporate news biases, but at least Wallace's influence over there will no longer be an obstacle to that of Tucker Carlson and those who are ideologically like him.

A Fox News in Tucker's image is far, far, far from perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than anything in Chris Wallace's image.

Good riddance to Wallace. May his viewership at CNN tank.

Michael

• Upvote 1

Heh.

This speaks for itself.

TURMPCCN.png
THEPALMIERIREPORT.COM

Trump just released a statement telling CNN President Jeff Zucker that the new ownership of CNN is looking to replace him.

image.png

Let's see of the old phrase from The Apprentice comes back to haunt Zucker: "Your fired!."

Winning...

Michael

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Heh.

This speaks for itself.

TURMPCCN.png
THEPALMIERIREPORT.COM

Trump just released a statement telling CNN President Jeff Zucker that...

image.png

Let's see of the old phrase from The Apprentice comes back to haunt Zucker: "Your fired!."

Winning...

Michael

You gotta love Trump!!!!!

This so reminds me of the primaries.

Bobby F. 

Nope

Boris S.

Nope

Trump, best chess player ever!

Ya' gotta admit, they're going down fighting.

image.png

For some reason, this reminds me of an off-color joke I heard in Brazil.

An female elephant was walking along the edge of the jungle. A male monkey jumped on her back and was enjoying the ride when it occurred to the monkey that he had never had sex with a female elephant. So he climbed on back and got to work.

As the elephant walked along, she bumped into a coconut tree and a coconut fell on her head.

Elephant: Grooonkkk...

Monkey (concerned): Am I hurting you, sweetie?

Ya' just gotta love CNN.

Michael

I stand in awe...

Anderson Cooper Reacts to Chris Cuomo’s CNN Firing: “Journalists Have Strict Ethics”

118290_0370.jpg?w=1024
WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

The 'Anderson Cooper 360' host addressed his former colleague and "friend" being let go from the news network while appearing on 'The Late Show' Thursday night.

Going down fighting, OK, but jeez...

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

A backlash is happening against Canadian fake news.

It's good to see.

CBC Journalist Quits in Protest of Repressive & Politicized Newsroom: An Interview with Tara Henley

Note that Tara Henley said that before this woke culture, she was to the left of most issues in the newsroom.

But now she is being painted as right-wing.

Now her main issue is authoritarianism, not left or right.

There is still hope, Canada.

Michael

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

A backlash is happening against Canadian fake news.

It's good to see.

CBC Journalist Quits in Protest of Repressive & Politicized Newsroom: An Interview with Tara Henley

Note that Tara Henley said that before this woke culture, she was to the left of most issues in the newsroom.

But now she is being painted as right-wing.

Now her main issue is authoritarianism, not left or right.

There is still hope, Canada.

Michael

Canadian fake news,  I shall add this to my list of oxymorons.

Its ok, Canadians always step up and we will again.

How about some news from the Far East? It’s not fake news, but their lives are changed for generations. Peter

(CNN) Saturday's eruption of an underwater volcano near Tonga was likely the biggest recorded anywhere on the planet in more than 30 years, according to experts. Dramatic images from space captured the eruption in real time, as a huge plume of ash, gas and steam was spewed up to 20 kilometers (12.4 miles) into the atmosphere -- and tsunami waves were sent crashing across the Pacific. The eruption and subsequent tsunami caused "significant damage" along the western coast of the main island of Tongatapu, the New Zealand High Commission in Nuku'alofa said Monday. "A thick layer of ash remains across Tongatapu," the statement said.

From BBC: New Zealand is sending aid to disaster-struck Tonga, but ash on the capital's main airport runway is preventing relief planes from landing. It will also take days before military ships with supplies will reach the islands, said New Zealand authorities. Fears of a possible humanitarian crisis developing on Tonga are growing after Saturday's massive volcano eruption. It sparked a tsunami and severed an undersea cable, cutting off the country from the outside world. New Zealand and Australia have done surveillance flights to assess the damage.

From Wikipedia:  Tonga Tongan: [ˈtoŋa][8]), officially named the Kingdom of Tonga is a Polynesian country and also an archipelago consisting of 169 islands, of which 36 are inhabited. The total surface area of the archipelago is about 750 km (290 sq mi) scattered over 700,000 km (270,000 sq mi) of the southern Pacific Ocean. As of 2021, Tonga has a population of 104,494, 70% of whom reside on the main island, Tongatapu. The country stretches approximately 800 km (500 mi) north–south. It is surrounded by Fiji and Wallis and Futuna (France) to the northwest; Samoa to the northeast; New Caledonia (France) and Vanuatu to the west; Niue (the nearest foreign territory) to the east; and Kermadec (New Zealand) to the southwest. Tonga is about 1,800 km (1,100 mi) from New Zealand's North Island . . . . From 1900 to 1970, Tonga had British protected-state status. The United Kingdom looked after Tonga's foreign affairs under a Treaty of Friendship, but Tonga never relinquished its sovereignty to any foreign power. In 2010, Tonga took a decisive step away from its traditional absolute monarchy and towards becoming a fully functioning constitutional monarchy, after legislative reforms paved the way for its first partial representative elections.

On 1/10/2022 at 1:03 PM, ThatGuy said:

Canada's been on a downward spiral ever since we lost Mr. "2112" himself, Neil Peart of Rush.
RIP the Professor.

Yeah right now we only have Dudley do nothing.

Actually nothing would be good, we have Dudley do retarded shit  now

• Upvote 1
  • Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought to mention a browser extension some OLers might find useful. It's from the folks at Ground News, and part of their suite of apps, freebies, services and commercial offerings. Have a gander at their home page: 

ground_new_logo.png
GROUND.NEWS

Judge the Truth for Yourself

In a nutshell the app/extension can tell you something about your "news diet" (in its Twitter integration) and offer  a quick snapshop of how a given "item" in the news is being covered.

Say you are reading a story online or see a story featured in a Tweet. Is the story covered by one side or the other of the "spectrum" to a lesser or greater degree? Are there facts that are corroborated between stories across the spectrum? Where might you find the greatest 'spin' or the greatest clarity?

Here's a snapshot of a tweet showing the options and links added by the Ground News browser extension:

GROUNDNEWS-TWTTR.png

This gives you a one-click check-sources button that will give you a report on a given story and other rated outlets covering it. The report includes such "Insights" as relative Blindspots, here suggesting that yesterdays news about the "plan to seize voting machines" may be a 'blindspot for people on the right.'

biasDistribution.png

-- On news sites that have been included in Ground News' database, a top-most navigation bar is inserted above the page content; this is from Brave browser:

topBarGroundNews.png

One other note is for Twitter users. A seeming black-box algorithm analyzes a given Twitter account and is said to reflect the "news diet" of that account. They call it Mediaopoly.

mediaopoly.png

-- this is Ground News' page on a breaking story from the Gateway Pundit. It hasn't been yet covered by conglomerate media, and so it tells me to promote it and share it!  Which is what prompted this post in the first place.

webMetaImg?v=1
GROUND.NEWS

President Trump released a statement on the upcoming movie by Dinesh D’Souza with Catherine Engelbrecht on the rampant election fraud of the 2020 election.  Catherine and her True the Vote...

Breaking Blindspot! 

Spoiler

BLINDSPOT!.png

Edited by william.scherk
Added image, improved scansion

• 2 months later...

Done and done.

image.png

Congratulations to CNN+ on their decision to immediately FOLD for a lack of ratings, or viewers in any way, shape, or form. It was like an empty desert out there despite spending hundreds of millions of dollars and the hiring of low-rated Chris Wallace, a man who tried so hard to be his father, Mike, but lacked the talent and whatever else is necessary to be a star. In any event, it’s just one more piece of CNN and Fake News that we don’t have to bother with anymore!

Michael

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 12:24 PM, william.scherk said:
President Trump released a statement on the upcoming movie by Dinesh D’Souza with Catherine Engelbrecht on the rampant election fraud of the 2020 election.  Catherine and her True the Vote...

Breaking Blindspot! 

"2000 Mules," the film by Dinesh D'Souza has had its premiere in private showings at several hundred theatres -- and is available for viewing for about 30 bucks US on Rumble or via Locals.com

This is the official 2000 Mules movie.

Below are the instructions to purchase and watch:

1. Purchase the movie or an annual subscription at 2000mules.locals.com.
2. Make sure your email addresses on Rumble and Locals match. If they do not match, this movie will not be available on Rumble and will only be available for you on Locals.
3. If you are using the website or app, reload the page. The movie will play directly on this page. If not, you can still watch it directly on Locals.com.
4. If you are using ROKU, you must access the film under the SUSBSCRIPTIONS tab and under DINESH D'SOUZA account for it to work. This means you must be subscribed to his channel and must login.

... and of course someone has abused the process and uploaded a version to Bitchute. Sharing and embedding has been turned off, but in the age of CoCo Cut, cheapskates and cheaters can download at will.

t5eQc6tLCi3L_640x360.jpg
WWW.BITCHUTE.COM

“2000 Mules,” a documentary film created by Dinesh D’Souza, exposes widespread, coordinated voter fraud in the 2020 election, sufficient to change the overall outcome. Drawing on research provided by the...

Edited by william.scherk
restored "Sharing and embedding" ...

• 1 month later...

Head's Up

As I was bouncing around the Internet just how, I started noticing difficulty accessing certain sites.

Fortunately, one of the problem site showed a message from Cloudflare. So this is a DDOS thing or something similar.

As time went on, certain sites have started going going directly to a "500 Internal Server Error" page. This includes big sites like Gab, BitChute and so on. Lots of independent news aggregators. Mostly alt-tech.

Still, from the sheer number of sites affected, this looks like it is one of the most massive DDOS attacks in the history of the Internet. This is something along the lines of what censorship looks like in China.

If you're having trouble with this right now, be advised we all are having trouble with this right now.

Hopefully, it will clear up before too long.

It sure looks like the Deep State, China, the Davos crowd, etc., are not amused at the prospect of losing political power.

But losing political power is the least of their worries. Imagine what many of them will look like in orange jumpsuits. 

Michael

EDIT: A few hours later. All good now.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a list of hoaxes pounded relentlessly to the public by the fake news media over the last few years.

Scott put that out as an image. I did an OCR and here it is as text.

Hoax Quiz

How many of these hoaxes do you still believe are true?
1. Russia Collusion Hoax
2. Steele Dossier hooker story
3. Russia paying bounties on US soldiers in Afghanistan
4. Trump called Neo-Nazis "Fine people."
5. Trump suggested drinking/injecting bleach to fight COVID
6. Trump overfed koi fish in Japan
7. Trump cleared protestors with tear gas for a bible photo op
8. Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation.
9. Elections were fair because no court found major fraud.
10. January 6th was an "insurrection" to overthrow the government
11. Trump tried to grab the steering wheel of The Beast
12. Border Patrol Agents whipped illegal border crossers

Like all good hoaxes, each has some element of truth in them, but that truth is distorted by the narrative used to convey it. And the narrative is always made up of omissions, spin and outright fabrication and lies.

This list is more like "controlled narratives" of the fake news media. And there are a lot more of them. That list is only some main ones we have been subjected to.

A couple of things jump out.

1. There are too many for them to be anything but intentional and coordinated. The fake news media exist because they want to be the fake news media and they are in collusion to be the fake news media. They are whores at root. Not news people.

2. The people who still believe in these hoaxes are the first to attack Alex Jones for being a conspiracy theorist, yet don't see the irony.

Michael