14 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I can come up with a ton load of folks who say calling Trump a narcissist (as a mental classification) is not only inaccurate, it's irresponsible. See this recent article, for instance, from CBC (and Frances can't stand Trump):

Irresponsible for journalists and people with influence.  Trump should not be removed as president, like I said earlier, "Many narcissists find professions where their personality disorder can be seen as an advantage, which is what is happening here."

Frances doesn't 'like' Trump by the way, he wrote this article where he says, "He is a clear threat to our democracy."  and, "We must challenge Trump on his outrageous behaviors and constant lies..."

Just now, KorbenDallas said:

"Many narcissists find professions where their personality disorder can be seen as an advantage, which is what is happening here."

Korben,

Does that include how Ayn Rand ended up? Did she find a profession where her personality disorder could be seen as an advantage?

:evil: 

btw - You left out where Frances believes Trump is evil. And no one is stopping him from challenging Trump on anything.

Lot's of people think Ayn Rand is evil, too.

It's one of the reasons I didn't mention it. 

:)

Michael

8 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

Frances doesn't 'like' Trump by the way...

Korben,

(sigh)...

I hate it when people do this. They get so fired up, they repeat what someone else said right there in front of them as if they are just now presenting something new.

Here's what I wrote above:

27 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

See this recent article, for instance, from CBC (and Frances can't stand Trump):

According to my time stamp, I said that 18 minutes before your post.

Once we get to this level of sloppiness, I've got to bow out. This is a waste of time.

I'll be back later with more stuff on dismantling the fake news media empire. 

Michael

1 hour ago, KorbenDallas said:
1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I've got to bow out. This is a waste of time.

flipping_bird.jpg

Edited by william.scherk
Snowflake Badger. Don't talk smack about Daddy.

Here, let me see if I can help.

For those who hate the outcome of the election, do the following...

1. Settle into a quiet place, sit relaxed and close your eyes and start breathing slowly, in and out and in and out and so on.

2. Try to empty your mind of all thought and stay in blackness. When an extraneous thought surges up, as it will, turn it into a small floating ball of light and slowly send it off into the black distance. Do that until no extraneous thoughts arise. Just blackness and your breathing.

3. After you feel fully relaxed, start saying, very slowly and very softly, "President Trump... President Trump... President Trump... President Trump... President Trump... President Trump... President Trump... President Trump... President Trump... President Trump..." -- About 10 times are good to start with.

4. Now turn those words into a small floating ball of light and slowly send it off into the black distance.

5. Tell yourself you will now come out of your mental state when you reach zero, then count backwards slowly from ten.

6. Open your eyes.

You will feel better.

:evil:  :)

Michael

I knew something good was going to come out of this fake news controversy.

That's such a good idea, it can't help but grow.

Michael

This isn't funny, though it appeared on a comedy-interview show, and there are laughs from the audience.  In this video, Darrell Issa, Republican representative from California, tells us that a special prosecutor is necessary to investigate Trump-Russia taints.

Issa is a honcho on the Judiciary Committee, but I don't know if this opinion is shared beyond the confines of the show.  In some quarters a consensus has formed that this whole issue is Fake News (I hate the term, but bow to usage). Any Russia connection is a wholly-invented, implausible, speculative, specious, ill-warranted pile of nonsense.

Unlike, say, Pizzagate!

Edited by william.scherk

Now for some more fake news:

The NYT is trying to tell folks it is concerned with the truth.

LOL...

Right...

They say it's so, and that's supposed to make it so.

Dayaamm!

Only in their bubble...

Michael

EDIT: One guy on YT quoted the commercial, "The truth is hard to find," then wrote that's why he no longer reads the NYT. :) 

I mean, come on. Couldn't those NYT marketing dorks see this coming? That's just the start, too. Now the paper is going to become a punchline.

Rush Limbaugh is hitting on an insidious part of fake news

In persuasion, this media image Rush refers to is called the bandwagon effect. It is one way crowds work--people increasingly jump on a bandwagon and a lathered up crowd appears. 

Except the corporate media has been trying to jigger this natural happening with a barrage of one-sided coverage. And those geniuses still pretend to themselves they are the gatekeepers of the bandwagon.

They imagine it's like the old days when people would logically assume the media was presenting what the American people in general were thinking and feeling since so many stories leaned in the same direction.

Unfortunately for the fake media, the Internet and social media (despite all kinds of monkeyshines going on right now) presents a direct contradiction to the image these fake-ass elitists are trying to convey. What's more, Internet and social media users are getting hammered with stories pointing out this very discrepancy. So the fake media is looking like a bunch of lying dorks to a huge chunk of the population.

It's hard to argue with stats (unless we are talking about fake polls like those we saw for a year-and-a-half during the election :) ) .

Michael

This one is for OL readers in general who are reading this thread.

Here's the deal: Life is good. Fake news is bad.

And that is much truer than it seems.

Fake news will bring you down. Their emotional tone is non-stop hatred, victimization, self-pity and attempts at gotcha shaming. When you wallow in material that is soaked in that tone long enough, even if you don't feel that way yourself, you start getting irritated and wound up inside. 

Rush Limbaugh has some great advice on this score:

If You’re Gonna Watch the Drive-By Media, Don’t Take It Seriously

From the article:

... if I were you, if you’re gonna watch this stuff, just don’t take it seriously. I would advise against watching it. I’m telling you, folks, seriously.

Do you want to live a better life? Do you really want to have a normal, optimistic outlook on life every day? Don’t watch that stuff! Don’t watch CNN. Don’t read the New York Times. If you look at Drudge and if you see headlines that portend the end of the world tomorrow, don’t click on it. Just avoid the crap that pollutes the daily so-called news that comes from left-wing news organizations. You will be amazed. And it doesn’t take long, either. Just two days. You go on a Drive-By Media fast, two days of it, and your outlook on life will be dramatically improved.

That's profound advice, even for me.

I'm going to see if it's possible for me to look at happier stuff for a few days.

But I'm probably going to fail miserably... :) 

Michael

Gentlemen, choose your terms.

George W. Bush defends media's role in holding power accountable

US News  4 hours ago
In an interview on Today to promote his new book, the former president offered some thoughts about Trump's relationship with news organizations, the travel ban, Russia and more.

false
fôls/
adjective
adjective: false; comparative adjective: falser; superlative adjective: falsest
  1. 1.
    not according with truth or fact; incorrect.
    "the test can produce false results"
    synonyms: incorrect, untrue, wrong, erroneous, fallacious, flawed, distorted, inaccurate, imprecise; 
    untruthful, fictitious, concocted, fabricated, invented, made up, trumped up, unfounded, spurious; 
    "a false report"
    antonyms: correct, truthful
    • not according with rules or law.
      "false imprisonment"
  2. 2.
    appearing to be the thing denoted; deliberately made or meant to deceive.
    "check to see if the trunk has a false bottom"
    • artificial.
      "false eyelashes"
    • feigned.
      "a horribly false smile"
  3. 3.
    illusory; not actually so.
    "sunscreens give users a false sense of security"
  4. 4.
    treacherous; unfaithful.
    "a false lover"
Origin

Old English fals ‘fraud, deceit,’ from Latin falsum ‘fraud,’ neuter past participle of fallere ‘deceive’; reinforced or re-formed in Middle English from Old French fals, faus ‘false.’
Edited by william.scherk
Removed image

"The real deal behind the 94 million Americans Trump says are out of work":

President Trump cited a misleading statistic to cast the job market as weaker than it truly is.

"Tonight, as I outline the next steps we must take as a country, we must honestly acknowledge the circumstances we inherited. Ninety-four million Americans are out of the labor force," Trump said Tuesday night.

Here's the real deal on that stat: Some 95.1 million people are not in the labor force, but the vast majority of them don't want a job, according to the most recent quarterly data from the Atlanta Federal Reserve. Some 44.1 million are retired, 15.4 million are disabled, 12.9 million are taking care of a family member and another 15.5 million are in college or job training. They are listed as not wanting a job.

About 5.5 million Americans are either marginally attached to the job market -- people who are not in the labor force who have looked for a job in the past year -- or want a job but stopped looking over a year ago.

[...]

Rush Limbaugh thinks (as do I) that Donald Trump's speech to the joint session of Congress last night was a big setback for the fake news media (not bloggers, just the mainstream culprits) regarding the narrative they have built up in the public about President Trump. 

Democrats Heard Donald Trump for the First Time Last Night

From the transcript (my bold):

All day yesterday the Drive-By Media, both print and broadcast, was filled with news stories indicating that they had gotten wind of the word that Trump was going to seriously moderate last night, that Trump was going to suggest amnesty for DREAMers last night on immigration.

. . .

Wolf Blitzer wrote about it and refused to admit that he had been with Trump. He referred to Trump as a senior administration official on the CNN website and story that Wolf Blitzer filed about having lunch with Trump.

. . .

Look, the impression that was given by the Drive-Bys, and I don’t know where it came from, but I’m telling you it’s real because I was getting panicked emails from people last night before the speech, convinced that Trump was going to sell out on immigration by going along with amnesty, that Trump was gonna sell out because this was the picture that was created all afternoon yesterday by the Drive-By Media.

And I got the same impression, so I was not surprised when I started receiving panicked emails I guess about five o’clock in the afternoon, I mean from friends.

. . .

And then the speculators began, the people that write blogs and posts and websites began speculating on what all of this meant and started making predictions about what Trump was gonna do. And I’m telling you, the vast majority of it was pessimistic and negative. And when it came from Never Trumpers, it even contained a bit of snark. “Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah, told you so, Trump’s phony, Trump realizes now he can’t be who he is in Washington and have it work. He’s got to sidle up to the establishment.”

. . .

... anyway, the speech began, and some of these people who had been emailing me for the previous two hours were ecstatic. They were sending me emails like, “He’s really taking it to ’em! I’m so relieved. My God, he’s jumping right down their throats. This is just awesome, right on, right on, right on.” Just overwhelming relief and happiness that what they had heard was not happening.

And in fact it was the exact opposite of what they had heard.

That's just one indication of how the fake news media works on spreading a false narrative--and this was almost in real time since it was only for a few hours.

But it gets funnier (my bold).

The first realization of this happened when Trump mentioned a deal he had made with the prime minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, that involved improving circumstances for female business owners and entrepreneurs. The camera cut to Fauxcahontas, Elizabeth Warren, who was sitting next to Kirsten Gillibrand, and they looked at each other, like, “What? Wuh wuh wuh wuh what did he just say? What?” And they started consulting notes and chattering at each other. And a thought hit me.

I think one of the things that happened last night — and not just in that chamber, but I think in many parts of the country… I really believe this. I think the Democrats in that chamber may for the first time actually have heard Donald Trump say what he thinks and believes. I think they are so devoted to their media, I don’t think they spent much time actually watching Trump rallies, I don’t think they spent much time listening to what Trump was saying at his rallies, because if they had, there would not be this degree of anger and shock and disbelief.

But we know how cocooned these people are. We know how removed they are. They live in their own bubble, and they live in a bubble that has very thick boundaries to protect them from anything they disagree with. They don’t expose themselves to things they don’t agree with; they just characterize it based on their own bigotry and their own prejudice.

. . .

When I looked at these people, the Democrats, as Trump was making the speech, more than once I was asking myself, “Are they hearing this for the first time? They’re looking surprised. They’re looking shell-shocked.”

. . .

For 30 years of this program, you’ve heard people call here who say they only discovered me in the last year, two years ago, and they were shocked and stunned. They listened. They never listened before’ they only knew what was said about me in the media and my liberal critics, and they finally listened, and they were shocked that they didn’t hear any of the stuff that they thought I was. And I think there was some of that going on in the House chamber last night. Now, you may think this is ridiculous, and you may think it’s not possible that the highest ranking elected Democrats have never taken the time to actually listen to Donald Trump.

I’m telling you, do not reject that. It is entirely possible that they’ll watch a Trump rally and they’ll listen to what knee-jerks them and that’s all they hear and they move on, and they don’t study it — and instead of being interested in why all those people are there, they just sit there and mock them and impugn them and laugh at them, make fun of them, and tune out.

. . .

... I’m watching this, and I’m becoming more convinced that many of them are hearing this, much of it, for the first time — really hearing it from Trump’s mouth for the first time. I think they are that sequestered, they are that secluded, but they seclude themselves in an air of superiority. Trump’s way down there on the food chain.

Trump’s an idiot. Trump’s this. They don’t need to take the time to understand Trump. They already know Trump: Racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe. Remember, these are small-minded, narrow-minded people. And as this went on, the looks on the faces of so many of these Democrats… The expressions were at one time blank, they were shocked, they were surprised. And there are countless examples.

. . .

What they knew, what scared the heck out of them last night was that Trump — in their faces, in their presence, on national TV… 

There were many Americans watching that speech last night who themselves saw Trump for who he is for the first time. There were a lot of people in this country that only watch the Drive-By Media, and all they know of Trump is that he worked with the Russians to rig the election, or that he hates women, or that he’s a bombastic narcissist or whatever.

The daily criticisms. That’s what they know because that’s what’s in the media. Then they watch this last night, and it doesn’t compute with what they’ve heard.

. . .

And the Democrats were witnessing it. And what they were realizing was that Donald Trump had just destroyed their efforts of the past five weeks to define him to many of you. He went right over their heads. He went right over the heads of the fake news and the Drive-By Media and reached people who, in many cases — not all — were seeing the real Trump for the first time since the campaign began.

. . .

He just crushed the Drive-Bys last night. He just crushed them. He just blew up every narrative they’ve established on the guy. They don’t know that. They’re continuing with these narratives today. But here’s something that I know all of you Trump supporters are gonna agree with me on. The Drive-Bys today and everybody says, “Wow, what a different guy! Holy smokes! This guy, he became president last night.” How many times have you heard people say that? Chris Wallace was the first to say it.

We’ve got a montage of people, must be ten or 12 them in the Drive-Bys. “Donald Trump became president last night.” Now, what they mean is, “Donald Trump grew up. Donald Trump actually sounded like presidential. Donald Trump actually it looked like he belonged in that office. Donald blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.” Here’s what they don’t get.

. . .

The people who supported Donald Trump, the people who elected Donald Trump, that Donald Trump last night was the Donald Trump they saw on week one, week two.

There was no new Donald Trump that night. This was why he got elected. If there was anything last night, it was not a recognition, “Wow! Wow! That’s a different guy.” It was a relief that all the gobbledygook during the day about how Trump was gonna compromise and give it all up and so forth wasn’t true.

This is what happens when social engineering is promoted through the media with deceitful core stories and bogus narratives (essentially, propaganda with behavioral science thrown in the mix).

The zombies in the bubbles the social engineers create through fake news get an epiphany when faced with an non-ignorable dose of the reality qua reality--the reality the media have been lying to them about. They spit themselves out of the bubble and they get quite resentful. Not all, but many. The credibility crack with the media widens. And right now, it's getting to the breaking point.

This is like a weed infestation from the perspective of the fake media social engineers. It grows no matter how many weeds they pull out. The next day there are more. The fake news narratives about President Trump are no longer conventional wisdom with the general public, but now have a shelf life. And that shelf life is not very long.

Michael

1 hour ago, A man who knows things said:

They live in their own bubble, and they live in a bubble that has very thick boundaries to protect them from anything they disagree with. They don’t expose themselves to things they don’t agree with; they just characterize it based on their own bigotry and their own prejudice.

He is right. It never ends:

Image result for fact=checking trump's congressional speech?
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump boasted in his speech to Congress that new money ''is pouring in'' from NATO partners, which it isn't.14 hours ago

Fact-checking President Trump's speech to Congress - The Boston ...

14 hours ago - WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump boasted in his speech to Congressthat new money ''is pouring in'' from NATO partners, which it isn't.

Reality Check: Trump's Congress speech - CNNPolitics.com

www.cnn.com/2017/02/28/politics/trump-speech-fact-check/
5 hours ago - Trump speaks to Congress: CNN's Reality Check Team vets the claims ... It's been afact he's struggled with both as president and on the ...

Fact-checking President Trump's address to Congress - The ...

21 hours ago - President Trump's maiden address to Congress was notable because it was filled with numerous inaccuracies. In fact, many of the president's false claims are old favorites that he trots out on a regular, almost daily basis. Here's a roundup of 13 of the more notable claims, in the order in which the president made them.

Fact-checking President Trump's first address to Congress - USA Today

www.usatoday.com/story/news/.../fact-checking...trump...address-congress/98537824/
14 hours ago - In his first address to a joint session of Congress, President Trump stuck closely to his prepared remarks, but ran afoul of the facts in some ...

Fact Check: Trump's First Address to Congress - The New York Times

1 day ago - Reporters from The New York Times fact checked President Trump's first address toCongress.

Donald Trump fact check: Almost every big claim he made in his ...

www.independent.co.uk › News › World › Americas › US politics
8 hours ago - Donald Trump has completed his first ever speech to Congress as ... Here are some of those false claims in full, as fact checked by the ...

PolitiFact: Fact-checking US politics

www.politifact.com/
PolitiFact is a fact-checking website that rates the accuracy of claims by elected officials and others on its ... Fact-checking Donald Trump's address to Congress.
You've visited this page 3 times. Last visit: 16/12/16

Fact-checking Donald Trump's address to Congress | PolitiFact

www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/.../fact-checking-donald-trumps-address-congress/
1 day ago - President Donald Trump promised to revive the economy and strengthen the military in his first address to a joint session of Congress. Beyond ...

Fact check: Trump's address to joint session of Congress - CBS News

www.cbsnews.com/news/fact-check-trumps-address-to-joint-session-of-congress/
23 hours ago - Last Updated Mar 1, 2017 8:15 AM EST. As President Donald Trump delivered hisaddress before a joint session of Congress Tuesday night, ...

More fake media "fact checking" from globalists to spike the presidential election in France against Marine Le Pen.

This fact checking venture is called CrossCheck.

From Breitbart:

‘Fake News’: BBC, AFP, Google, Facebook Collude to Tell Voters ‘Who to Trust’ in French Election

Thank goodness all these big companies are looking out for the citizens of France, huh? I wonder if they're doing this out of a sense of altruism. Here's how I imagine it--said in the tone the Big Bad Wolf used for Little Red Riding Hood: "We are not thinking about ourselves. We are selflessly thinking only about the good of the French people..."

God knows what would happen if the citizens made up their own minds without being told what to think.

Anyway, I was wondering in a typically Randian form of asking a simple question:

Who's going to CrossCheck the CrossCheck gatekeepers?

I guess we'll just have to trust them. It's a good thing they say they're honest. Since they go to all that trouble of saying it, it must be true...

Viva la merde!

On a serious note: Viva Le Pen!

Michael

The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming:

You can tell how much trouble a Washington politician is in by how forcefully his (or her) allies push back in the immediate aftermath of a bombshell negative story. By that measure, Attorney General Jeff Sessions is in big, big trouble.

In the 12-ish hours since The Post published a story that details two conversations Sessions had with the Russian ambassador to the United States, discussions that run directly counter to statements the then-Alabama senator made during his confirmation hearings, the defense of Sessions has been weak. And that's being kind.

Sessions himself — as expertly documented here by Aaron Blake — is responding by not really responding, setting up a straw man and then knocking it down with no real effect. “I never met with any Russian officials to discuss the issues of the campaign,” Sessions said in a statement released through a spokesman. That is a denial — just not of what The Post is reporting, which is simply that Sessions met with Sergey Kislyak twice in 2016 despite insisting he had no contact with Russia over that time.

Remember the Brady Bunch? Remember the tag line apocryphal or not -- Marcia, Marcia, Marcia?

Russia, Russia, Russia.

I hope this Russia pile-on keeps coming.

When it finally fizzles, it's going to be a huge embarrassment to the fake news purveyors, especially when the schlub in the street becomes aware--in plain language that means something important to him--that Hillary Clinton was the one who sold a huge amount of US uranium to the Russians.

Just let the right story about it hit the mainstream with the right schlub-level verification and the Democrats will not elect a dog catcher for decades.

So bring it on. The more fake news, the merrier.

Michael

It looks like the Hoopla Machine has added new servers. 

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia! 

Adam Entous / Washington Post:
Sessions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose  —  Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice last year with Russia's ambassador to the United States, Justice Department officials said, encounters he did not disclose when asked about possible contacts between members …
Discussion:
Ryan Cooper / The Week:   Investigate Jeff Sessions
RELATED:
i135.jpg New York Times:
Obama Administration Rushed to Preserve Intelligence of Russian Election Hacking  —  WASHINGTON — In the Obama administration's last days, some White House officials scrambled to spread information about Russian efforts to undermine the presidential election — and about possible contacts between associates …
 Alex Griswold / Mediaite:
Claire McCaskill Claims She'd Never Meet With Russian Ambassador, But Tweets Prove She Has  —  In a pointed tweet Thursday, Democratic Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill attacked Attorney General and her former Senate colleague Jeff Sessions for meeting with the Russian ambassador during the 2016 election …
Discussion:
i57.jpg Wall Street Journal:
Donald Trump Jr. Was Likely Paid at Least $50,000 for Event Held by Hosts Allied With Russia on Syria  —  October appearance by son of then-candidate is one of string of contacts between members of the president's inner circle and individuals connected to Moscow
Discussion: Talking Points Memo, Mediaite, Raw Story and Axios
i151.jpg Wall Street Journal:
Investigators Probed Jeff Sessions' Contacts With Russian Officials  —  Communications from the then-senator occurred during presidential campaign  —  WASHINGTON—U.S. investigators have examined contacts Attorney General Jeff Sessions had with Russian officials during the time he was …
Discussion:
 Richard W. Painter / New York Times:
Jeff Sessions Needs to Go  —  In the wake of Wednesday's revelation that Attorney General Jeff Sessions spoke with Russia's ambassador to the United States while working with the Trump campaign, despite denying those contacts during his confirmation hearings, key Republican and Democratic lawmakers …
i20.jpg NBC News:
Attorney General Jeff Sessions : ‘I Will Recuse Myself’ If Necessary  —  Attorney General Jeff Sessions denied meeting with Russian officials during the course of the presidential election to discuss the Trump campaign, he told NBC News in exclusive remarks early Thursday.
 Nolan D. McCaskill / Politico:20 minutes ago
Rep. Schiff accuses Comey of withholding information on Russia probe  —  The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee on Thursday accused FBI Director James Comey of withholding crucial information about its probe into Russian interference in the election, and raised the prospect of subpoeanaing the agency.
i11.jpg John Hudson / Foreign Policy:
Trump Taps Putin Critic for Senior White House Position  —  The hiring of Brookings scholar Fiona Hill comes as the Trump administration comes under fire for contacts with Russian officials.  —  The Trump administration has offered a well-respected scholar and sober critic …
i60.jpg Kevin Johnson / USA Today:
Sessions was more than Trump surrogate in meetings with Russian envoy  —  WASHINGTON — At the time Jeff Sessions met with the Russian ambassador to the United States during the midst of last year's bitter campaign, the Alabama senator was not only serving as a surrogate for candidate Donald …
 Jordain Carney / The Hill:   Dem senator: Sessions should resign

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia! 

The power of logos: