Photos: Ho Chi Minh Trail, past & present

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/20/2017 at 2:46 PM, Backlighting said:

All that technology  could not defeat or conquer these folks. That is a testament of some kind.  I think being conquered is a state of mind more than a physical condition.  People can be killed of course,  but defeating and conquering them is another matter entirely. 

Wars of conquest or suppression are ultimately futile. The only definite outcomes of a war  are destroyed assets and mangled bodies. 

12 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

All that technology  could not defeat or conquer these folks. That is a testament of some kind.  I think being conquered is a state of mind more than a physical condition.  People can be killed of course,  but defeating and conquering them is another matter entirely. 

Wars of conquest or suppression are ultimately futile. The only definite outcomes of a war  are destroyed assets and mangled bodies. 

Nobody tried to conquer or defeat them.

The Vietnam War was fought by the United States so the other side would agree to stop fighting and the Vietnamese people could vote themselves a communist government or not--so the lie went. They agreed to stop fighting. We left and they were left. Thus they won.

--Brant

but I'm glad you've changed your mind about war