chemistry translated to music

jts

I don't have the foggiest clue what to make out of this. Is it possible that this proves something? Is this worth investigation?

What would happen if the volume of the sound of a substance was equal to the amount of the substance in the body? So for example water (being abundant in the body) would be loud and vitamin B12 (being in very small amount) would be quiet.

A440 is the standard pitch tone Ive used to tune a guitar. Its has a frequency of 440 hertz and is the note A above middle C. He has arbitrarily assigned Hydrogen (which has the elemental numerical value of 1)to a frequency and used the numerical value of the elements on the atomic chart to derive other notes that corresponds mathematically to elements values. By choosing 1 for Hydrogen and the frequency 3520Hz hes insured that all elements will fall within hearing range.

In other words, it sounds to me as if he is trying to entertain or encourage folks to see something fun in chemistry relating to music. Music uses standardized notation. I mean once it gets put onto paper.

One persons music is anothers cat scratch fever. ) 

Feel and experience chemistry?? When I need a nap I listen to music like this, its called Tranquility on DirecTV. I also use a sleep machine that generates static like an old am radio.

But this reminds me of a saying, If you cant dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bs.

http://www.naturalnews.com/podcasts/Symphony_of_Chemistry.mp3 

Not going to be a critical success. Unlike Led Zeppelin, hes got his first single out. He doesnt know the way you create customers willing to shell out big is to play live, create a stir and then cash in on albums. Then someone has to die to create the enduring legend. ;) (Bonham)

Cant wait for his greatest hits. )

I suspect he is cherry picking the chemical elements and chemical compounds. What would happen if he tested methyl alcohol, a deadly compound composed of harmonious elements? What would happen if he tested helium, harmonious but inert?

Why is he using atomic weight? Why not atomic number?

Why does he call iodine a heavy metal? It is a nonmetal.

He is playing with numbers, mostly 1, 12, 16 as the good numbers. That's not chemistry; that's math. I did that on the Atari computer in the 1980s. Pythagorus discovered a mathematical basis of music. We don't need to attach chemical elements to the numbers.

18 hours ago, jts said:

I don't have the foggiest clue what to make out of this. Is it possible that this proves something? Is this worth investigation?

What would happen if the volume of the sound of a substance was equal to the amount of the substance in the body? So for example water (being abundant in the body) would be loud and vitamin B12 (being in very small amount) would be quiet.

The mapping of atomic weights to sound frequencies is purely arbitrary.  There is no deep physical significance to this mapping.  

This makes about as much sense as "The Harmony of the Spheres"  which is not much sense.