A chat with my brother-in-law

I received an interesting e-mail from my brother-in-law Gordon Zuckerman  who told me he too was voting for Trump.  I asked him why.  He recalled his service in the Army during the Vietnam War and he said that the Army did its utmost to bring back the bodies of killed soldiers for proper burial   He  said Hillary's doings left the soldiers in Benghazi there to rot  and he will not forgive that.  He detests Hillary even more than I do and for reasons  related to his military service.

Now here is the thing.  If two well educated American Jewish males of advanced age  are voting for Trump, how many others might there be.  If two well educated American Jewish males of advanced age  detest the very air Hillary exhales, how many others might there be?   Hmmmmm.....

Notice. He is not just abstaining from voting for her Hillaryship,  but he is voting for Trump.  I know, it is just a single item,  but it gives me something to think about.

Just curious.

Their bodies were returned to US soil on the 15th, four days later.

Being well educated probably has little to do with the election outcome. Im willing to believe, shown proof of course, that the millennial population will be the difference maker. You cant argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level. 

Besides Ive got to wonder how smart it was to go into the military. Being Jewish is a birth right but is probably trumped by HC's "birthright" for the presidency. 

http://religionnews.com/2016/09/14/poll-jewish-voters-support-clinton-over-trump-by-3-1-ratio/

The military vote is virtually tied between Trump and Johnson at 37% with HC at 16%.

My father in law, a vet, exhorted me to vote against HC as long ago as '91. He probably saw in her a determination. He'd be apoplectic if he were alive. But he was that way in response to women being nominated to West Point, forget about combat roles. 

The reason Im not voting for Trump is he doesnt stand a chance of winning Va. Another bastion of democrat support.

2 hours ago, turkeyfoot said:

J

Besides Ive got to wonder how smart it was to go into the military. Being Jewish is a birth right but is probably trumped by HC's "birthright" for the presidency. 

http://religionnews.com/2016/09/14/poll-jewish-voters-support-clinton-over-trump-by-3-1-ratio/

Jewish voters in the U.S.  tend to vote Democrat.  I am happy to say that I and my brother-in-law  are exceptions.  

17 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Jewish voters in the U.S.  tend to vote Democrat.  I am happy to say that I and my brother-in-law  are exceptions.  

Yes, the Jewish vote is a bastion of democratic voters much like Virginia's.

My brother arrived at his voting preference in a much different way than I did mine. His was based on antipathy for Trump and HC. I decided if I cant help Trump then I'll vote for Johnson.

You want to see if Trump will blow it all up. I want to see the alternative to the two party monopoly have a bigger stake in future elections.

This is a joke, Bob.

A Jewish father was very troubled by the way his son turned out and went to see his rabbi about it.

“Rabbi, I brought him up in the faith, gave him a very expensive Bar Mitzvah and it cost me a fortune to educate him. Then he tells me last week, he’s decided to vote Republican. Rabbi, where did I go wrong?”

The rabbi strokes his beard and says, “Funny you should come to me. I too, brought up my son as a boy nurtured by the faith, sent him to university and it cost me a fortune and then one day he comes to me and tells me he wants to be a Republican.”

“What did you do?” asked the man of the rabbi.

“I turned to God for the answer,” replied the rabbi.

“What did he say?” asked the man.

He said, “Funny you should come to me...”