Obama Veto Overridden on 9/11 Victims Suing Saudi Arabia

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Finally Congress nailed President Obama on something and didn't just cave as ususal.

From the NYT:

Congress Votes to Override Obama Veto on 9/11 Victims Bill

:)

Michael

We just heard the quacking of the Lame Duck. 

I hope I live long enough hear what the historians have to say about Obama''s presidency.  He won't be considered the worst  (how can he, with Jimmy Carter around?)  but he surely will not be considered the best.

I stand in awe of the cluelessness of this man.

Just two points.

There are plenty more, but I've only got the stomach for two right now.

1. President Obama thinks it's a mistake for private citizens to sue foreign governments, infringing their "immunity." But he has no trouble wanting foreign soldiers and terrorists caught overseas and to be tried in US civilian courts made for private citizens. 

2. At the end of the video, he was whining that some of the members of Congress voted on overturning his veto without even knowing what was in the bill. And he sounded all surprised and offended and stuff. Maybe he forgot what Nancy Pelosi said about the biggest boondoggle in American history, Obamacare, and that they had to pass the law to see what was in it. He wasn't surprised and offended with her behavior or statement back then. On the contrary, he rewarded her.

I was going to say it was good to see him talk for a change without smirking at opponents and those of the American people who disagree with him, but he ended up smirking at them near the end.

Bah!

Michael

Here is a progressive slamming Obama on the veto and giving a very good explanation of what this thing is all about:

Over time I am developing a growing respect for Mike Papantonio.

I hate his politics, but I love what he does to crony corporatists. He doesn't burn the government people with his lawsuits as much as the corporations, but he goes hard after corporations that are in bed with the government. He is closely associated with Robert F. Kennedy Jr. They even host a radio show show together (Ring of Fire) with another person, Sam Seder. Sam is the other person in the video.

Incidentally, Papantonio wrote a novel that was released a few days ago called Law and Disorder. I wanted to read it because it's a thriller that goes through several of the real-life crony corporatism issues that have been fought in the courts recently (with most names changed, of course), but I didn't want to spend 25 bucks on the book in case it was a turkey. :) Fortunately, the library just bought it and I got to be the first to take it out.

It's all right as a thriller so far. I like the crusading spirit of the protagonist and the David and Goliath theme, but his goody-goody two shoes relationship with his wife is a bit much. He jokes to her about eating pizza and beer just to get a rise out of her as he wraps his arms romantically around her, but then goes on to say how he really sent out for chicken breast and asparagus. Yuk yuk yuk...

:)

The rest of his home life is presented as a progressive utopia. I get the same feeling as if I were reading a book by the Amish for the Amish. Their home life is theirs and has little to do with my own. Except I find the progressive sanctimonious attitude a bit much to swallow because it is always comparative to their idea of the lesser humans, the stereotyped conservatives (the only people on earth, apparently to Papantonio, who ever become crony corporatists :) ). 

But watch him on the video. He's in really good form there. I can disagree with this dude until the cows come home, but I suspect I would also be able to trust him if he were my neighbor.

He's no shill for Obama-style globalism, that's for sure.

Michael