Love and Friendships in the Modern World

Victor Pross

That is why I trust that you are one okay individual despite all that Angie has said about you.

As for Rich, I just think he got lucky. ;) I keed, I keed-Rich deserves it, and I'm glad he is among those of us who have found it.

Hey, you're not supposed to say that as I do talk smack all the time. Ah, can't forget, I also throw peas one at a time at anyone who has red hair. Hey, did you ever tell Lydia that you used to be a 6 foot 1 aboriginal chick?

Yeah, I agree, Rich totally got lucky. :wink: hehehehehe

As for the dinner gig, I'm all for it as I want to meet quite a few here. Oh, and can't forget all that delicious Italian food from Ciro. But cooking pro bono and for so many, we better be careful as he may get extremely irritable and extremely cranky and start throwing pizzas, spaghetti, tomatoes, garlic, meatballs, and the kitchen sink at everyone. But hey, I'm all for it. We could have an awesome food fight, much fun !!! hehehehehehe

Angie

Edit: btw, Jody, I took that sentence out of context as I am a bit mischevious and playful right now. I was being a smart ass, just in case anyone here gets confused and thinks, what the hell is she talking about. Even after this edit, I am sure someone will still think, what the hell was that....LOL

Edited by CNA

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, guys, I'm out in the cold. You all got to meet your lady loves...Jody married his true love, Rich is swing dancing with his woman, Mike is going to Objectivist conferences with his gal...and me? I'm dying here!! :frantics:

Edited by Victor Pross

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm in the same boat. 6000 miles, sheesh!

Damn, guys, I'm out in the cold. You all got to meet your lady loves...Jody married his true love, Rich is swing dancing with his woman, Mike is going to Objectivist conferences with his gal...and me? I'm dying here!! :frantics:

Well, I learned a lot about the boy I like from a crisis, and it was done through electronic medium. So it is possible to see how someone handles something (although not the whole of it) via email and photos. He's strong, he's stable, he knows himself, he knows what he needs for himself, and he's still able to be happy a month later while recognizing grief and sadness-- I learned all that. And that totally rocks my world, as I've met other boys who have gone into histrionics with much, much lesser "crises".

Barbara: in order to fully know someone, we need to see how he behaves in a crisis, when standing by his principles puts him at risk. And that is something we cannot learn from letters.

It seems like a taciturn point to me. What has it to do with falling in love on the internet? Are you saying that even people who meet the “traditional way” shouldn’t date or marry-- until they see the other face some crisis? If not, why make this observation in the context of the current discussion? Sorry, I don’t get it.

I wrote this article—Finding a Relationship in the Cyber world—as a rebuke to the naysayers that Angie and I faced, and, Genna, you are just one more vindication of this article’s thesis: that love and relationships can be founded in this modern ege via the internet. The times are a-changing. It is happening all the time. The naysayers are so wrong, as they are filled with malice and envy.

Edited by Victor Pross

Nevermind the naysayers, they aren't the ones living your life. You go out and live your dreams, that's what counts.

I wrote this article—Finding a Relationship in the Cyber world—as a rebuke to the naysayers that Angie and I faced, and, Genna, you are just one more vindication of this article’s thesis: that love and relationships can be founded in this modern ege via the internet. The times are a-changing. It is happening all the time. The naysayers are so wrong, as they are filled with malice and envy.

Nevermind the naysayers, they aren't the ones living your life. You go out and live your dreams, that's what counts.

Oh, believe me I am and do live my dreams, but I like to take every opportunity to tell the naysayers what assholes they are. I get a little kick out of it. :devil:

Haha... well, I just don't even think of the naysayers enough to think to tell them they're assholes. People would think it's trouble if I paid attention to them, but seriously, it's when I ~don't~ think of them is when they're really inconsequential!

--J

Oh, believe me I am and do live my dreams, but I like to take every opportunity to tell the naysayers what assholes they are. I get a little kick out of it. :devil: