France Mowed Down

France Mowed Down

It's all over the news. (See here, for instance.)

I am outraged and sickened by the killing.

A truck mowed down about a mile of people in the French Riviera (Nice) during the Bastille Day celebration, killing at least 70 so far.

And over in Paris, the Eiffel Tower is in flames. The friggin' Eiffel Tower!

Terrorism. Pure and simple.

They ain't saying so far, but let me jump the gun. This is probably radical Islamic terrorism.

I wonder if France is going to revisit its immigration policies and controls and actually do something about them, or if this is one more bloody terrorist attack they will write off as they discuss the danger of climate change or something...

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

France Mowed Down

It's all over the news. (See here, for instance.)

I am outraged and sickened by the killing.

A truck mowed down about a mile of people in the French Riviera (Nice) during the Bastille Day celebration, killing at least 70 so far.

And over in Paris, the Eiffel Tower is in flames. The friggin' Eiffel Tower!

Terrorism. Pure and simple.

They ain't saying so far, but let me jump the gun. This is probably radical Islamic terrorism.

I wonder if France is going to revisit its immigration policies and controls and actually do something about them, or if this is one more bloody terrorist attack they will write off as they discuss the danger of climate change or something...

Michael

The time has come for the sane people of Europe to load their Muslims into boxcars.  I expect Germany to load the way.  They have not completely forgotten how to load people into boxcars in Germany.   

Now here is an odd thought I have.  Attacks like this in Europe could help get Donald Trump elected here in the U.S.   Trump has been outspoken and blatant in his anti-Muslim sentiments.  DAESH and al Queda maybe be helpful to Donald Trump.  

Violence from muslims should not be a surprise. They are following the teachings and example of Muhammad. They are doing what their religion tells them to do. Islam is a war manifesto against mankind.

The most important thing to do to win the war about Islam is tell the truth about it. But that involves 2 possible problems.

1. Telling the truth about Islam is hate speech under the law in some countries. (stupid law)

2. If you tell the truth about Islam, the muslims might threaten to kill you. (in order to prove that Islam is not a violent religion)

I imagine a comical scenario. A parade of placards saying Islam is a violent religion. How would muslims react to that? My guess is they would react violently.

11 hours ago, jts said:

Violence from muslims should not be a surprise. They are following the teachings and example of Muhammad. They are doing what their religion tells them to do. Islam is a war manifesto against mankind.

The most important thing to do to win the war about Islam is tell the truth about it. But that involves 2 possible problems.

1. Telling the truth about Islam is hate speech under the law in some countries. (stupid law)

2. If you tell the truth about Islam, the muslims might threaten to kill you. (in order to prove that Islam is not a violent religion)

I imagine a comical scenario. A parade of placards saying Islam is a violent religion. How would muslims react to that? My guess is they would react violently.

All the more reason to load them on boxcars....

10 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

All the more reason to load them on boxcars....

Since you're "always serious" and amoral I have to assume you're not being facetious. This means all your comment means and deserves is you're full of shit.

--Brant

11 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

Since you're "always serious" and amoral I have to assume you're not being facetious. This means all your comment means and deserves is you're full of shit.

--Brant

No. I am being fairly serious. Load the Muslims into box cars.  Bring them to the Med and put them on barges and aim the barges toward North Africa.

Problem solved....  Let the North Africans deal with them.  

We are now in a war (fairly low key now, but wait until Faisal and Achmed set off the first small nuke in Manhattan).   In a war  morality does not matter nearly as much as winning the war. 

1 hour ago, BaalChatzaf said:

No. I am being fairly serious. Load the Muslims into box cars.  Bring them to the Med and put them on barges and aim the barges toward North Africa.

We are now in a war (fairly low key now, but wait until Faisal and Achmed set off the first small nuke in Manhattan).   In a war  morality does not matter nearly as much as winning the war. 

You are no more competent to tell the world how to deal with this situation than I am to instruct you on how to do algebra. The difference is I know it and you don't.

Almost 15 years ago I knew better how to deal with 9/11 than those who actually dealt with it and had to oppose the invasion of Iraq, not that what I knew and said (posted) made any difference to el presidente Bush. You know less then he did. I didn't anticipate how horribly bad it would all go. No one could have. But BAD per se I did know. Regardless, pretend experts who are also almost completely ignorant grate my nerves like fingernails across a blackboard. I was never any expert, but I had experience and creative intelligence and knowledge and modesty. (Few did, to say the least. It was "Onward Christian Soldiers.") Bush didn't and you have less.

The basic problem is this country is too big and powerful to be run by midgets, but midgets is all we've got.

--Brant

9/11 was bear baiting--the most successful bear baiting since the United States provoked the attack on Pearl Harbor and I knew it way back then

18 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

You are no more competent to tell the world how to deal with this situation than I am to instruct you on how to do algebra. The difference is I know it and you don't.

Almost 15 years ago I knew better how to deal with 9/11 than those who actually dealt with it and had to oppose the invasion of Iraq, not that what I knew made any difference to el presidente Bush. You know less then he did. I didn't anticipate how horribly bad it would all go, but no one could have. But BAD per se I did know. Regardless, pretend experts who are also almost completely ignorant grate my nerves like fingernails across a blackboard. I was never a pretend expert, but I had experience and creative intelligence and knowledge and modesty. Bush didn't and you have less. The basic problem is this country is too big and powerful to be run by midgets but midgets is all we've got.

--Brant

9/11 was bear baiting--the most successful bear baiting since the United States provoked the attack on Pearl Harbor

Of course it went bad.  We did not aim for anihilation....

The only way to win a war is to aim for victory.

1 hour ago, Brant Gaede said:

Almost 15 years ago I knew better how to deal with 9/11 than those who actually dealt with it and had to oppose the invasion of Iraq, not that what I knew and said (posted) made any difference to el presidente Bush. You know less then he did. I didn't anticipate how horribly bad it would all go. No one could have. But BAD per se I did know. Regardless, pretend experts who are also almost completely ignorant grate my nerves like fingernails across a blackboard. I was never any expert, but I had experience and creative intelligence and knowledge and modesty. (Few did, to say the least. It was "Onward Christian Soldiers.") Bush didn't and you have less.

The basic problem is this country is too big and powerful to be run by midgets, but midgets is all we've got.

--Brant

9/11 was bear baiting--the most successful bear baiting since the United States provoked the attack on Pearl Harbor and I knew it way back then

100% correct on all fronts.  Well said.  

19 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

And over in Paris, the Eiffel Tower is in flames.

?  Eiffel Tower in Flames!

19 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The state of emergency declared in the aftermath of the Paris attacks has again been extended for another three months. The "état d'urgence" means that police powers are extended (eg, search without warrant, etc) and civil liberties deprecated for a set period of time. The French have had long sad experience with terror dating back to the 80s theatre bombings.

An appalling aspect of the ISIS death cult is its popularity and its influence: their glossy magazine, Dabiq, contained instructions and recommendations for just such a lorry/truck attack in the West.  No doubt the renting of heavy transport trucks just got much harder. No doubt the ring of suspicion has tightened around Tunisians with French citizenship, and any and all who have the least connection with ISIS/Al Qaeda/etc in Syria/Iraq ... will be investigated.

Immigration policies in France are in concert with the European Union (entailments of free-movement of people, and of an EU 'external border').  It is a perfect challenge:  if you do not staff a physical France-Italy border, for example, how do you get the chance to examine the passages? If there are no physical borders with Belgium, Germany, Spain?

I cannot picture how France ought be seen as having 'written off'  (like a debt on company books?) terrorist attacks.  

On the subsidiary and arguably irrelevant point, France is certainly not alone of the major industrial countries to have policy on climate change. I mean, France does not appreciably differ from any other G8 nation, from other EU nations, from the USA. Even if one is a doubter or skeptic or opponent of current verities in the field of study and advocacy, there is nothing particular or extreme-by-comparison in France's stance on climate change.  

The president of France has already announced France's war-planes will continue to bomb ISIS in Syria, continue to work with the 'Coalition' allies to destroy the state of Islamic State.

The guy in Nice was not likely to be 'controlled' by ISIS in the sense of directed by a part of a hard hierarchy.  I suspect we will discover that he was a 'lone wolf' in that he did not discuss his plans in detail, and more or less plotted alone -- with third-hand guidance from ISIS digital and social media.

18 hours ago, the internets said:

the Eiffel Tower is in flames

France was the colonial power in Tunisia, the native country of the presumed truck driver in Nice.

18 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

The time has come for the sane people of Europe to load their Muslims into boxcars.

No, boxcars nowadays are not as efficient as Nazi death camp transport might have been in its hey-day. Go to the port of New Jersey down the road a bit and count the boxcars. There are almost none left in the world compared to containers. The obvious solution is to box the Muslims up in containers, and take them on a container ship to Tunis. In addition, what is wrong with trucks, buses and flatbed trains?  They can all deliver the Muslims to the shipping containers. Also, direct drops via airplane from Europe to Northern Africa (and/or plus all other Muslim majority nations within a radius of X).  And some folks may have to be delivered by private means -- their vehicles commandeered by the state of siege neighbourhood watch, stuffed with Muslims and driven south to container ports by hardy citizen enforcers of expulsion.

16 hours ago, jts said:

The most important thing to do to win the war about Islam is tell the truth about it.

Rank the things, then. First tell the truth (as figured out by Jerry), second prepare to deport anyone tainted by Muslimicity/Islamobrainwashery.  Third?

5 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Bring them to the Med and put them on barges and aim the barges toward North Africa.

Problem solved, and no detail spared.  Those North Africans ... will bow before the will of Bob Kolker.   And the containers will be stacked.

4 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

9/11 was bear baiting--the most successful bear baiting since the United States provoked the attack on Pearl Harbor

I want to read your book: The History of the World in One-Liners.

3 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Of course it went bad.  We did not aim for anihilation....

The simplest and most pure distillation of What Needs Doing.   It very much reminds me of your calls for genocide in an earlier OL thread, remarks which were found wanting by the Moderator and which disgusted a few people like Barbara Branden.  Not to name-drop or anything. Joo.

Annihilation.  What is so cool about annihilation is that it leaves no opportunity for revenge.  

The hideous wanton murders in Nice are a new high-water mark for human brutality.  In the insane reckoning of the Radical Islamic Terrorist, in its deranged 'logic,' mowing down civilians is an act of vengeance for attacks upon Islam(ic State) in the world's most active theatre of war ... Syria and Iraq.

Bob, the most you will get is escalation and new high-water marks.  In theatre, the odious regime of Vladimir Putin and the weak regime of Obama are about to agree to 'co-ordinate' air attacks upon ISIS and the al-Qaeda affiliate al-Nusra in Syria.  This means, perhaps, that the Syrian dictatorship will be persuaded to accept the US conditions: stop bombing civilians and attacking non-ISIS/Nusra forces in accordance with a ceasefire, allow aid to besieged and starving communities.  

I am not hopeful -- but the days of ISIS territorial expansion are long gone. Their land possessions dwindle. In the death spasms, acts of 'revenge' are probable.  And an uptick of the numbers of dead in Syria alone beyond 600,000. And another wave of refugees from annihilation in situ. Until that multi-fronted gruesome civil war comes to an end, somehow.

The oddest thing about the strategic 'handshake' between Obama/Putin/Assad on the ISIS front is that it could have been dictated from a Trump policy book.  I see closer co-operation and firmer handshakes under a Trump administration.

-- I always discount the emotional reactions of horrific events. The emotions drive me down the wrong roads sometimes.  Is there wisdom to be gleaned in the immediate aftermath of horror, in the heat and blood and pain?  I think so, but I have to make the choice to focus, focus long enough to incorporate reliable and cogent information. I don't want to be carried along in the flow of opinion or incipient hysteria.

Beyond that, for you Americans, this is an opportunity to make grave choices. Mr Gingrich, who will play a role in a Trump administration, yesterday gave some ideas over to discussion: that Muslims be examined for Sharia**. A massive intelligence action over a span of years can sharpen the focus on 'likely actors' and exclude from entry any new addition to US Muslim numbers. There are so many challenges on so many levels in using the best intelligence to detect and disrupt terror plots.

This is, I expect, the job of French intelligence -- to be all-powerful criminal profilers during the state of emergency. They could not detect or stop the evil actor in Nice, but the nets are set.  There is an invisible 'dragnet' under way.

_80085310_maersk_triple_e_portoffelixsto

-- Bob, the best way for you to help shift events towards Muslim annihilation is to vote for Donald Trump in November. You want hard-ass, take-no-prisoners, torture-their-family, bomb the fuck out of ISIS, investigate the spots and pockets and lairs of Islamic Terror in the USA, declare official war ... The GOP candidate and team call for the utmost harsh retribution on the Islamic State, and promise a deep social probe to identify and constrain all who support its evil goals within America.  

In other words, in other words, if you want the boxcar barges, you will have to compromise with reality, and negotiate a middle way. That middle way is Trump on this issue, all things considered.  You can vote for your interests, even if you only get part-way to pure annihilation.  Reason that out once your blood has cooled.

Reason! Blood.

** in a nutshell:

“Western civilization is in a war. We should frankly test every person here who is of a Muslim background, and if they believe in sharia, they should be deported,” Gingrich told Fox’s Sean Hannity. “Sharia is incompatible with Western civilization. Modern Muslims who have given up sharia, glad to have them as citizens. Perfectly happy to have them next door.”

For the open-source investigator:

Edited by william.scherk
Spelking, grrrammar, image, removed slight tone of exasperation.

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Annihilation.  What is so cool about annihilation is that it leaves no opportunity for revenge.  For the open-source investigator:

You have grasped the Concept.  Well done!   If we are going to eliminate the problem we will have to address the next generation by seeing to it there is no next generation for The Enemy.   No children and no grandchildren = no vengeance 

Frankly I do not think  our leaders and most of our people here have the stomach or spleen to do what is necessary.  They will be diverted by sentiment.

Perhaps you should be grateful that I am not In Charge.   It is well for the Cosmos that I am not God.  I would be a Dreadful God. 

You convinced me.  I will vote for Trump.   At the very least I will get to laugh as Washington burns.  Trump might be so bad that he will do us good.

Thank you for your sound advice.

For $500, "What is the law of unintended consequences?"

16 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:
3 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Bob, the best way for you to help shift events towards Muslim annihilation is to vote for Donald Trump in November.

You convinced me.  I will vote for Trump.

Drip, as they say. Cue the murder of crows.

Edited by william.scherk

3 hours ago, william.scherk said:

I cannot picture how France ought be seen as having 'written off'  (like a debt on company books?) terrorist attacks.

William,

You have to access the parts of your brain that deal with metaphors, hyperbole and rhetoric.

Give it a try. I know you can do it. I have faith in you.

:evil:  :) 

Michael

15 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

You have to access the parts of your brain that deal with metaphors, hyperbole and rhetoric.

Michael

No.  I am in just the mood to do something anti-social.  Reading about that thing in Nice has made me very cross.  I have not been this annoyed since 9/12/2001.  I have wondered how I can strike a blow against the government.  Voting for Trump and electing him might be just the thing.

As Golum from LOTR  might have said: We hates the government preciousssssssss  and we wants to squeeze it until it dies....

8 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

You have grasped the Concept.  Well done!   If we are going to eliminate the problem we will have to address the next generation by seeing to it there is no next generation for The Enemy.   No children and no grandchildren = no vengeance 

Frankly I do not think  our leaders and most of our people here have the stomach or spleen to do what is necessary.  They will be diverted by sentiment.

Perhaps you should be grateful that I am not In Charge.   It is well for the Cosmos that I am not God.  I would be a Dreadful God. 

Ah, projection.

--Brant

16 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

16 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

Michael

No.  I am in just the mood to do something anti-social.  Reading about that thing in Nice has made me very cross.  I have not been this annoyed since 9/12/2001.  I have wondered how I can strike a blow against the government.  Voting for Trump and electing him might be just the thing.

As Golum from LOTR  might have said: We hates the government preciousssssssss  and we wants to squeeze it until it dies....

This makes for such an quirky cognitive disconnect.

Is Bob channeling William now?

This reminds me of a scene in Galapagos by Kurt Vonnegut (I'm going on memory, so this might not be 100% accurate--it's the gist, though). 

A Japanese couple (who only spoke Japanese) is in a hotel eavesdropping in their closet. They were listening in on an argument a lady was having in the next room with someone (in French). That person left and she started speaking out loud in English about committing suicide. The couple kept talking to each other in Japanese about it and an automatic translation device they were holding translated all of it into Lakota.

:)

Michael

Bob. Set off the first small nuke in Manhatten? In 1946 the first important book on nuclear strategy appeared. It was called The Absolute Weapon. In that book, one writer envisioned a suitcase atomic bomb that could be set off in cities. To this day, no one has invented such a thing (atomic or thermonuclear), and were it ever invented, it surely will have been invented by the government of a technologically advanced country.

As for a radioactive “dirty bomb” by terrorists, I know that has been imagined and much mentioned in the US. But a high school classmate of mine in Oklahoma City, who was a military man and was associated with the OKC Bombing memorial there, was interviewed on CNN on 9/11 or 9/12, and I’ve never forgotten what he said: No. Rather, he thought: They will use the incendiary modes such as bombs or gas explosion and crashes such as had just happened. He has proven right over all these years later. Bombs stationary, bombs in moving rail (Spain), blowing up airliners, firearms, and now the truck weapon. They don’t need to put time into exotic things like radioactive material, though they have dreamed on it.

I think the Islamic State is going to be defeated in that that state, such as it is a state, is going to be defeated. They will be toppled in their territory holdings in Syria and Iraq, and elsewhere if they get some territory elsewhere. The truck atrocity in Nice, like the shooting atrocity in Orlando, . . . could as well be with allegiance to an Al Qaeda type organization, which is what ISIS will be­—same old thing—when their territories are retaken.

I see it is reported by a neighbor of the mass murderer in Nice that the killer was not observant of the Muslim faith. He did not go to Mosque, and he smoked. But perhaps his accomplices, if any, were devout and more of the kill-for-Allah bent, rather than the simple kill-because-I’m-a-failure-and-hate-well-whomever-and-I-now-see-how-to-fake-and-escape-the-zero-I-am sort of mass murder.

I am relieved to learn nuking is unlikely. So soothing that the killing will remain low-tech, like this:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/15/french-lawmakers-told-bataclan-terrorists-tortured-disemboweled-victims.html

And what a difference I feel already, knowing I will be killed by a loser, not an accomplished type. Each loser can take out only 84, so surely they'll run out of losers before we run out of children.

Yes, let's stay the course, and vote for more of this, vote for Hillary.

11 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Stephen, Part of the allure for the perp in past cases and likely in this one is precisely redemption from an impure past.

There's no shortage of candidates.

One screwed up  young man + Islamic memes  =  a massacre.  

What a recipe!!!