Take Your Daughters to Work Day

Ed Hudgins

Take Your Daughters to Work Day
By Edward Hudgins

April 28 was “Take your daughters to work day,” and I did! (I hope all you parents took your sons along as well!) My five-year-old fraternal twins, Sophia and Allegra, went to the office with Daddy! What did I teach them about what Daddy does, and what did Daddy learn?

Kindergarten comingTwins Atlas very small.jpg

On that same day, my wife, Talia, and I took the girls first to the local elementary school to enroll them for Kindergarten in the fall. The girlies love the small preschool they currently attend, and we were concerned they’d be anxious about the new place.

But they enjoyed their visit to the much bigger facility, and played with the other kids who were also there for enrollment. Allegra, who already can use an iPad better than her Mom, was jumping for joy at the computer lab!

In Daddy’s office

We headed downtown to my office and when we arrived, the girls wanted to do what they like best: explore. They crawled under my desks and table, and played with the items on my shelves. They ran with their usual energy and excitement through the hallways and up and down the stairs of the fine old townhouse that currently houses my work digs. In the drawing room/lounge area they posed with busts of famous Americans and plopped down on the big chairs and sofas, chirping, “This room is so fancy!”

Back in my office I tried to read to them from the book An Island of Liberty, which my colleagues gave me as a gift for them when they were born. (Continue reading here.)