Donald Heath RIP

Ed Hudgins

Donald Heath RIP

We note in sorrow the recent death of Donald Heath. Don joined the staff as our director of operations, 1992-98, leaving a successful position in sales at IBM in Canada. In those early years, he put our business affairs on a professional basis; and he designed the program format for the Summer Seminar that we continue using to this day. He moved on to work for the Reason Foundation, but his commitment to and passion for the advance of Objectivist was undying. With his beloved Rebecca Reale, he attended the 2015 Atlas Summit where his enthusiasm, charm, wit, and insight helped make the event special.

Don was a bright light in our universe. We will post a remembrance soon on the TAS site, and we invite memories and photos all who knew him.

David Kelley

Ed,

I'm sorry to hear of Donald Heath's passing.

I have a very vague memory of him, so unfortunately, I don't have many words inside me to share about him for mourning.

All I can say is that you all at the Atlas Society are wonderful people and for him to be as important as he was among you, he must have been strikingly special. I'm sorry Kat and I never got to know him better.

RIP.

Michael & Kat

Wow, that's a sad surprise. I met and chatted with Don many times over the years, including the 2015 Atlas Summit. I always enjoyed it. It would be hard to find anybody more ebullient. 

My sympathies to his wife and other loved ones.

What was the cause? How old was he? He became a student at the University of Waterloo in 1978 (per LinkedIn), so I guess less than 60.