Superbowl

OK handicappers, who you picking? What will the score be?

My guess: Panthers win it 20 to 10.

The book here has the spread at 6 points going to the Broncos.

When is the final time to put in your pick?

Over under is 45 I think.

When is the final time to put in your pick?

Over under is 45 I think.

10 minutes before kick-off the windows close.

45 is the over under.

I put some coin on Carolina.

Enjoy the game!

-J

FYI - The man to watch on the Carolina Panthers in tomorrow's Super Bowl is:

Michael Oher, right tackle, #73.

He will tell you what the play is, pass, or, run. If he moves upright from his stance at the snap, it will be a pass play 90+% of the time.

He has one Super Bowl ring with the Baltimore Ravens. He is key to protecting the QB from getting hit on his "blind side."

He is also the man who the fine movie Blind Side is about.

He won't be hard to find, 6' 4" tall and 315 lbs. and moves like a cat.

http://www.panthers.com/team/roster/Michael-Oher/b9c63fd4-19a8-4158-b842-dabff677ebbb

A...

Adam & Brant... no scores posted yet. Guess they want to see the final starting line-up as close to kick-off as possible. Good handicapping.

Jonathan has Denver winning 26-10.

I have Carolina winning 20-10

In addition to who picks the winner, we'll see who comes closest to the total points scored for the game.

-J

So far:

Marc has Carolina winning 51-10

*In addition to who picks the winner, we'll see who comes closest to the total points scored for the game.

Point spread dropped to 5**** with all the money coming in on Denver...

Also, the 2 Denver safeties are injured and particularly Ward, who is critical to run defense, has an injury that causes him to be restricted in his first reaction step.

As much as I want to see Manning go out with a victory, I am now leaning to Carolina.

More later.

The defensive theory that is being talked about is for Denver's very good defense to "fill the box" which is the 20 yard rectangle from scrimmage.

The interior and exterior running game of Carolina is what Denver wants to control and force Cam Newton to through medium to long from the pocket.

If Denver can accomplish stopping the run and force Cam to operate from the pocket and throw 20+ yard passes, they feel they can beat Carolina.

A...

****looks like the spread is moving back up to 6.

Point spread dropped to 5**** with all the money coming in on Denver...

Also, the 2 Denver safeties are injured and particularly Ward, who is critical to run defense, has an injury that causes him to be restricted in his first reaction step.

As much as I want to see Manning go out with a victory, I am now leaning to Carolina.

More later.

The defensive theory that is being talked about is for Denver's very good defense to "fill the box" which is the 20 yard rectangle from scrimmage.

The interior and exterior running game of Carolina is what Denver wants to control and force Cam Newton to through medium to long from the pocket.

If Denver can accomplish stopping the run and force Cam to operate from the pocket and throw 20+ yard passes, they feel they can beat Carolina.

A...

****looks like the spread is moving back up to 6.

Gonna be a good game ( for Panther fans ) and I really loved your very accurate analysis of whats to come today !!!!!

I do though believe the wild card is that Manning is an interception machine , and I think he blows up today with massive interceptions , fumbles , sacks and an exceptionally poor showing . They will remove him to put in the kid while down by numerous TDs and the kid will play ok but way to little too late .

Denver has a D , no doubt but Manning against the Panther D is gonna be a real big issue .

Would not even be surprised to see Manning retire officially by halftime .

Gonna be a good game ( for Panther fans ) and I really loved your very accurate analysis of whats to come today !!!!!

I do though believe the wild card is that Manning is an interception machine , and I think he blows up today with massive interceptions , fumbles , sacks and an exceptionally poor showing . They will remove him to put in the kid while down by numerous TDs and the kid will play ok but way to little too late .

Denver has a D , no doubt but Manning against the Panther D is gonna be a real big issue .

Would not even be surprised to see Manning retire officially by halftime .

Thank you Marc.

I hope you are wrong about Manning being humiliated. I hate to see any future Hall of Fame member broken because he hung on too long.

You are correct about the turnover machine. I think this year he has 9 TD's and 16 or 17 interceptions. He had one game this year with 5 completions and 4 interceptions which is pathetic.

Keep your eye on Jarret Allen on the Carolina defensive line, #69, DE, 270, 6'6." He sat out the last two games with a foot issue. He is an "old timer" by NFL standards. However, he could have a great game and put heavy pressure on Manning.

A...

OK - as much as I want to go with my heart and pick Manning, I am calling it for Carolina...

28-16

graphics-football-323817.gif

sport-graphics-american-football-340461.

sport-graphics-american-football-410778.

sport-graphics-american-football-384732.

Let's do this!!

A...

The window is now closed:

Adam has Carolina winning 28-16

*In addition to who picks the winner, we'll see who comes closest to the total points scored for the game.

What an excellent voice - with one of the toughest anthems to sing!!!

Let's do this!

Black QBs matter!

Wow, a 30 second spot commercial will cost an advertiser $5 million.

http://heavy.com/sports/2016/02/super-bowl-commercial-cost-2016-ad-how-much-money-expensive-value/

Well that is the worst half of offensive football I have seen in quite awhile.

Panther LT is that #73 Oher and he is playing quite poorly -Ware beat him big on that last series.

13-7

A...

Well I had the Denver 16 right lol...the late tack on touchdown did not really count lol.

enver's defense spanked Cam big time!!

A...

The window is now closed:

Adam has Carolina winning 28-16

Jonathan you were closest to the 34 total points, congrats.

Jonathan had the best call of all.

Michael/Marc:

Boring?

Wow.

Guess you guys don't love great defensive games.

I do.

A...

Adam,

I wasn't rooting for one team or the other since I didn't follow the season this year.

But you're right. I'm not a big fan of high scoring by the defense or steady drives for field goals. I like those things, but not as the main show. I like them as add-ons to spectacular offensive plays.

I don't even like a steady running drive picking up 3 yards here, 6 yards there (and on and on and on) and then touchdown. I was born to jump up and down and make odd loud noises like a madman mixed with retard for Hail Mary passes. :smile:

I thought the game was going to be good with that touchdown by the Panthers where the guy jumped over everyone. That's the kind of stuff I like. :smile: But they kept sacking the goddam quarterbacks. :smile:

Michael

Michael/Marc:

Boring?

Wow.

Guess you guys don't love great defensive games.

I do.

A...

Honestly , I really do love D the most . My Steelers when they play Steelers football of days gone by . You are correct , some really great D in the game on both sides , I just did not really feel the flow of the Super Bowl . Probably me just thinking too much of when the announcer kept repeating himself on that one point .

Reminded me about Rubio too much lol