Sign of the times?

Macys & Walmart closing 309 stores.

Hate to see that.

http://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-and-macys-closing-stores-2016-1

-J

Walmart has approximately 4.500 stores in the US. They are closing about 150 of them and they state that the 150 that are being closed are within ten (10) miles of each other. Additionally, the company is going to absorb most of the workers into the other store.

They appear to be going to the superstore center and what they are calling local markets.

A...

There is a supercenter store near me that I frequent. Incredible breadth of inventory...from chicken wings to casual wear to motor oil... with low prices overall.

-J

There is a supercenter store near me that I frequent. Incredible breadth of inventory...from chicken wings to casual wear to motor oil... with low prices overall.

-J

I use Walmart and we do not have a super center, however, I have no problem at all with them. I use them as my pharmacy as well and they are efficient and polite. Funny how if you treat people respectfully they tend to treat you that way also...

isn't freedom fun!

A...

I was hired by Macys into their Executive Development Program while in college, where I majored in Retail Management and Buying.

I held a few positions with them.

They're still a first rate operation and although they've expanded since then, I will say in size and scope of products offered,

they're small potatoes compared to Wallys (who isn't).

Macys has a fascinating history going back to 1853. While I lived in NYC their competition, in various degrees, were Gimbels, Bloomies, Lord & Taylor and Altmans. The flagship store on 34th still proudly stands tall. My time with them was fruitful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macy's

-J

I was hired by Macys into their Executive Development Program while in college, where I majored in Retail Management and Buying.

I held a few positions with them.

They're still a first rate operation and although they've expanded since then, I will say in size and scope of products offered,

they're small potatoes compared to Wallys (who isn't).

Macys has a fascinating history going back to 1853. While I lived in NYC their competition, in various degrees, were Gimbels, Bloomies, Lord & Taylor and Altmans. The flagship store on 34th still proudly stands tall. My time with them was fruitful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macy's

-J

Tell Theodore Cruz that we had NY values way back then also...

Was Ayn a NY Values authoress Teddy Bare?

A...

A NY Values Voter

Perhaps each should appreciate some of the others values.

I know I do.

-J

Exactly, and that is another reason that Senator Cruz revealed, to me, a "look" that needs close examination.

What would possess him to take that kind of "tack" in this political wind storm that separates Americans into infantile sectionalism.

Really thoughtless and diminishing of him.

A...

Adam writes:

Funny how if you treat people respectfully they tend to treat you that way also...

Those are profound words, Adam.

Each of us possesses the power to set the tone in our real world personal interactions.

I'm also a big fan of WalMart and always enjoy shopping there. :smile:

Greg