Jeb Bush

His t.v. ads are all over the t.v. out here...prime time. Ugh.

With plenty of benjamins in his war chest I expect the barrage will continue as long as he's in the race.

The guy is about exciting as a nun in meditation. Practically a non-entity.

-J

With plenty of benjamins in his war chest I expect the barrage will continue as long as he's in the race.

-J

Joe:

One of the truly critical elections because this is a medium/platform war.

The consultant class understands that their future earnings are riding on this contest with The Trump and Jeb the boring.

I think TV is a dead medium for reaching voters.

Radio still works to some degree, especially in rural precincts which are becoming less relevant to the national election.

Can you get a video of what is running in your state for Jeb The Boring?

A...

They must really be terrified by The Donald!

When he was done with his forceful and freewheeling pitch, a man stood and asked aloud the question that seemed to hang over the event like a New England fog:

“How can you bring the passion that you’re showing today more broadly to your campaign?”

Mr. Bush is trying to defeat 12 other Republicans, but a month before the Iowa caucuses, he is also trying to run against the damning four-syllable caricature Mr. Trump first lobbed at him four months ago, of a “low energy” candidate who just does not have the will to win the presidency.

Jeb would not get this coverage with positive words if he were leading...lol

A...

-J

Joe:

The consultant class understands that their future earnings are riding on this contest with The Trump and Jeb the boring.

Radio still works to some degree, especially in rural precincts which are becoming less relevant to the national election.

A...

How's this:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/politics/elections/jeb-bush-blasts-trump-talks-his-own-plans-education-immigration-video

-J

Joe:

A...

How's this:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/politics/elections/jeb-bush-blasts-trump-talks-his-own-plans-education-immigration-video

Wow... a cure for insomnia!!

graphics-sleepwalking-860228.gif

"I fell asleep listening to ole Jeb...unfortunately, it was election day!"

Adam, I would say T.V. is certainly not the effective platform it once was for reaching the voters. The web is seeing to that.

I just think it's on life-support, not quite dead yet. I suspect you might agree that a political ad run during the Superbowl would reach a lot of voters. Last years game reached 111 million viewers...you can deduct a bunch that switched channels or paid a trip to the john during the commercial...still significant, no?

http://www.statista.com/topics/1264/super-bowl/

Jeb reminds me of a funeral director I knew in Bklyn.

Now there's a job for him...his demeanor is perfect for it.

Here's a tune he wears well:

John Boy Jeb, how many of these immigrants came with love?

The Border Patrol nabbed two Pakistani men with ties to terrorism at the U.S.-Mexico border in September in the latest instance of illegal immigrants from so-called “special interest countries” using the southern border as a point of entry to the U.S.

Muhammad Azeem and Mukhtar Ahmad, both in their 20s and from Gujrat, were caught Sept. 20 by agents south of San Diego and just over the international border from Tijuana. When agents checked their identities through databases they got hits on both of them: Mr. Ahmad popped up as an associate of a known or suspected terrorist, while Mr. Azeem’s information had been shared by a foreign government for intelligence purposes.

Both men had been processed two months earlier by immigration officials in Panama, suggesting they took advantage of smuggling networks or other routes increasingly used by Central American illegal immigrants to sneak into the U.S.

It is true that these two (2) came with love, however, it was a love to kill Americans, so maybe you should like wake up and modify stupid statements like that one.

Americans will accept your apology, Jeb Boy

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/30/pakistanis-terrorist-connections-nabbed-us-border/

A...

• 1 month later...

I hate to pile on, however this is truly sad...

http://www.mediaite.com/print/jeb-bush-has-to-tell-new-hampshire-crowd-please-clap/#ooid=g0OWduMDE65CiLkYQ9dGxaY8jwhdT6hH

How the hell do you allow your candidate to even appear in public dressed like a perverse Mr. Rodgers...

A...

He was so boring and rambling that the host had to stop him and send him back to his seat...watch his body language!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Looks like Jeb's out on Monday. See here.

Michael

Good riddance.

-J

I'm looking deeper and it's smelling like excessive zeal on the part of some Trump supporters. 

The site itself is very pro-Trump.

I Googled the first line of the article and the only sites I saw that reprinted the article were pro-Trump sites.

Drat!

:)

However, since the article is more or less well-written, it will be interesting to see this as a real-time case study in trading up the chain style publicity. Let's see how far up the news it goes. 

Michael

11 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I'm looking deeper and it's smelling like excessive zeal on the part of some Trump supporters. 

My money is on this being Cruz supporters posing as Trump supporters in order to bring down both Bush and Trump. 

Sounds too conspiratorial?  Not once you learn that it's all been staged by the Bavarian Illuminati and the Knights Templar...

From the other side of the aisle comes do do so deep that raised creased trousers are dirtied. Strains of barking dogs, HC's howlng, a vintage Howard Dean move, Stranger than fiction, more compelling than a Ripleys Believe or Not caption, with a Rod Serling just walked into the room feel. Last run, Billy Bob's coffee shuffling step and fetch it rejoinder left a chip on Zeros shoulder. An overwrought storyline with no ending....

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/02/19/joe-biden-says-clinton-sanders-campaigns-too-gloomy-for-his-taste/

"Obama has criticized what he described as Republican presidential candidates’ “doom and despair tour,” but Vice President Joe Biden argued this week that the gloomy message about the state of the country is coming from Democrats, too."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/19/monica-crowley-why-obama-is-trying-to-torpedo-hill/?page=all#pagebreak

"This brings us to the certain presidential candidacy of Vice President Joe Biden, the one person who can effectively give Mr. Obama that third term."

4 hours ago, 9thdoctor said:

My money is on this being Cruz supporters posing as Trump supporters in order to bring down both Bush and Trump. 

Sounds too conspiratorial?  Not once you learn that it's all been staged by the Bavarian Illuminati and the Knights Templar...

Here's the takeaway from the past 2 weeks: when the Cruz campaign does something like this, it's that evil, lying Cruz. But when (it appears that) the Trump campaign is doing it, it's either "excessive zeal on the part of Trump supporters" or (more likely) it's that evil, lying Cruz. My name for this pattern of "explanation" is Reductive MSK-ism.:P

REB

The reporting was breathless, like a low-rent Robert Fisk having received The News from an unnamed insider.  The venue for the reporting linked by MSK  is the blog site of theamericanindependent, the author is David Spuria.  Spuria, not spurious.  David Spuria is real, and he loves him some Trump.

But forget Spuria's Jeb! scoop for a minute and see what he fishes up on his blog; from the Marshall Report:

Listen to Alex Jones shout and weep with joy and rage as he describes what he feels in having a MAN LIKE TRUMP – FINALLY given to a people to lead them. Trump is going it alone and he is doing it for each one of us.  Each little person that makes up America and if truth is known, the world at large.

God bless him and keep him, may the army of God surround this great man. Amen.

Insert comment on The Saviour core story.

46 minutes ago, Roger Bissell said:

Here's the takeaway from the past 2 weeks: when the Cruz campaign does something like this, it's that evil, lying Cruz. But when (it appears that) the Trump campaign is doing it, it's either "excessive zeal on the part of Trump supporters" or (more likely) it's that evil, lying Cruz. My name for this pattern of "explanation" is Reductive MSK-ism.

The distinction is the insidious record-distortion (Trump is a Planned Parent, conducts third-trimester abortions and loves it), the push-poll well-poisoning, the fakey Voter Shame packages -- the file of prevarications that Trump turns into an Evul greater than Kant, Ted the Liar, the greatest liar in the history of Trump.

The suspect actions were from the Cruz machine or SuperPACs, if one or two steps removed from the candidate. 

The distinction shrinks to nothing when you consider Trump's lies and distortions -- but in this case, the scoop was from a lower-level blogger Youtuber enthusiast. The scoop is unlikely to be true because Jeb! has not yet run out of funds for his hospice care going forward.

"Reductive MSK-ism" is probably similar to the secret "Reductive WSS-ism." suspected but not observed.  If you are piqued by his 'pretty little eyes' malice wink or his demonization of the sad shell of a man Bidibob, that is one thing. MSK is a declared supporter who is all-in for Trump. He may have discarded the Principle of Charity on the stump, and fallen in the habit of psychologizing Trump doubters out of existence, transmuting them into damaged cognitive retards, trapped in hate and core stories, unworthy of engagement, lost to reason -- but is it Golden to reduce the field of contest to which ox is being gored?

On balance, I say yes.  It depends on whose ox is being gored.  I have no ox in the game beside my sentimental favourite, former Calgarian now Christian-Authoritarian Cruz.  I like seeing him gored about as much as I enjoy Trump or Bush or Clinton being gored. It is relative. I really only care about the result: what kind of monster will occupy 1600 Pennsylvania, and what will it mean for Canada?

Edited by william.scherk

Can we get some baseline assumptions agreed upon so we can have a cogent conversation?

For example, does anyone dispute the existence of what Ike referred to as the Military Industrial Complex?

A...