Chris Cristie

I don't like anything about Cristie. Lifelong politician. Parlays every office into a travel voucher to gab with the big boys, scratch backs and make deals. I don't believe a word he says. However...

Cristie did a nine-minute interview with Michael Medved today. He was relaxed, spontaneous, responded immediately and cogently to every question, without sounding rehearsed or coached like Cruz and Rubio often do. Cristie is moving up in New Hampshire polls, now neck and neck with Rubio and Cruz, 10 points behind Trump. He could conceivably take 1st place away from Trump in the next couple weeks.

East Coast and establishment Republican incumbents know and like Cristie and will get behind him 100% if he wins New Hampshire, which he might. He's Donald Trump's worst nightmare, a snarling junkyard dog with brains.

I've deliberately misspelled Cristie's surname, so it won't be spidered.

I was born in Elizabeth, New Jersey, but my family moved to Brooklyn when I was four years old. So I feel a little kinship with your guy. I heard him criticize Trump about his unconstitutional stands but detect a certain hypocrisy. Why Cristee upholds the War On Drugs as a proper function of the Federal government is beyond my understanding. He poses as an advocate of individual freedom doesn't he? Maybe I am not aware of other inconsistencies.

Don't these people think?

Even the most libertarian among the Republicans is anti choice on the abortion issue and does not appear open to reason. That would be Rand Paul who made the point that most if not all of his supporters are young and use cell phones and not land lines which accounts for his low numbers in the polls. I gather he has a strong ground game in Iowa so should do unexpectedly well in the caucuses.

Don't these people think?

Even the most libertarian among the Republicans is anti choice on the abortion issue and does not appear open to reason. That would be Rand Paul who made the point that most if not all of his supporters are young and use cell phones and not land lines which accounts for his low numbers in the polls. I gather he has a strong ground game in Iowa so should do unexpectedly well in the caucuses.

Excuse me, Doc...yes they think.

He is a Federal prosecutor as a mindset.

He is also a Catholic, as in, a practicing Catholic.

Therefore, he has thought this through.

If we keep denying that most of the world believes in a God(s), we cannot be as effective in our messaging.

Just a thought.

A...

Thinking is the best way to travel, with thanks to the Moody Blues...

How can an abortion stay the mighty hand of God? ("They built the ship Titanic to sail the North Atlantic . . . but God sank it.")

Doesn't He just put the kid into another body?

--Brant

it's not God; it's the Catholic Church monopoly on God--look at what happened to that Joan d'Ark gal

Is it true that pollsters are able to reach people who use only cell phones nowadays?

In any case the whatever you want to call it is coming. James Dale Davidson makes an irrefutable case that we are on the verge of a severe collapse of the economy, the stock market, the housing market, the dollar, the bond market... and its all because of the curse of growing and unsustainable national debt.

Well they still have the printing press which will only make matters worse.

If the democrats get re elected they will blame everyone else and use the crisis to expand their power.

If the GOP gets in will they know what to do and what not to do?

The rumor is that the GOP upper echelon intends to broker the convention and might fund a run by Paul Ryan to be the next president!

Even if that were to happen I don;t know if he would know what to do either but would surely be better that most of the alternatives.

We find ourselves living in interesting times!

Is it true that pollsters are able to reach people who use only cell phones nowadays?

Doc it is way beyond polling cell phones.

The "prime voter" is being "over polled" by phone.

No one is secure about who paid for the poll.

The Donald polls about 7 to 9 % below his actual numbers in national phone polls which require a human interaction.

A...

I refuse to talk to anyone on the phone I don't know. Hang up on surveys, spam bots, telemarketers.

I take them all, love doing Sandler negative reverse shit with them...

Additionally, it tells me what they are looking for and how they go about it.

A professional passion of mine polling.

Just have to team up with someone who can do the level of statistical analysis that I need done.

A...

Doc it is way beyond polling cell phones.

The "prime voter" is being "over polled" by phone.

No one is secure about who paid for the poll.

The Donald polls about 7 to 9 % below his actual numbers in national phone polls which require a human interaction.

A...

FYI - Here is one of the cell phone protocols from a superior polling firm.

the polling company, inc./WomanTrend on behalf of Independent Women’s Voice Nationwide Dual - Frame Omnibus Survey – Executive Summary –

to CLIENT October 2015 8 ADDITIONAL NOTE ON METHODOLOGY

Landline Sample Random Digit Dial (RDD) landline telephone sample was generated using the following process.

First, all residential exchanges and working 100 banks are determined. A 100 series bank is defined to be working if one (1) or more assigned residential landline telephone numbers are found within that bank.

Within any given 100 - series bank there are 100 possible two - digit combinations that form the suffix in a complete telephone number.

For instance, in working bank 21, numbers 00 - 99 can be appended to form the one hundred complete numbers 2100 - 2199.

This forms the sample frame of all possible telephone numbers within which RDD samples are then generated.

All exchanges and associated working 100 series banks within the RDD database are arrayed in a pre - defined order – specifically, exchanges are ordered within predominant county based on HH size largest to smallest.

Counties are ordered by Metro/non - Metro areas within State within Census Division. Using the ordered database, an Epsem (Equal Probability Sel

ection Method) sample is generated.

A sample frame is defined to be a set of 100 series banks within exchanges serving a particular geographic area (city, county, state, National, etc.).

The sampling interval is determined by dividing the total number of possible numbers in the geographic sample frame by the number of requested RDD sample records.

Each sample interval is of equal size. One number is selected at random from each sample interval.

All possible telephone numbers are given an equal probability of selection regardless of the density of assigned residential households within them.

Cell Phone Sample

The MSG Cellular RDD database is constructed quarterly utilizing Telecordia’s LERG product.

The LERG is a continuously updated suite of telephony databases that, among other things, provides current information for every active Thousand Series Block in the North American Numbering Plan.

Using multiple files within the LERG, every thousand series block that is dedicated to providing wireless service is identified and incorporated into the Cellular RDD database.

Additionally, Rate Center boundaries are constructed each quarter.

Rate Center boundaries provide the information needed to map each cellular thousand series block to a predominant county.

The cell phone sample was generated from cell phone 1,000 series blocks with all the 100 series banks within each block turned on.

The sampling interval is then calculated by dividing the universe of all possible numbers by the number of records desired, thus specifying the size of the frame subdivisions.

Within each of the subsets one number is selected at random giving all numbers an equal probability of selection.

At this point, the frame size has been fixed and divided into equal - sized subsets of ten - digit numbers.

Within each of the subsets one number is selected at random giving all numbers an equal probability of selection.

A...