University Thugs

No Canadians will be allowed into the US until you get a new new one.

--I Have Spoken!!

And his subjects second his executive God order, like we have a choice...

animaatjes-bliksem-04252.jpg

This town did not obey ...

animaatjes-bliksem-01855.jpg

• 1 month later...

University Thugs

Notice how these kids have no idea what the first amendment is. And how it is starting to dawn on the first reporter that this thing isn't a victimization story. It's a raw, naked power-grab.

He didn't say this in these words, but you can see it in his attitude, especially in his perplexity at the hostility toward him.

But right at the end of the video with a different reporter, Melissa Click, an assistant professor at the University of Missouri, let fly a humongous Freudian slip:

I quoteth Ms. Click: "I need some muscle over here... Get this reporter out of here!"

Dayaamm!

It's the veritable mob lady!

:smile:

How much violence would this idiot do if she got real government power in her hands?

And do you think the mob would do her bidding?

Would they start with reporters?

Hell yeah!

:smile:

(Shades of Rand's "The Cashing-In: The Student 'Rebellion'"! For those who don't have it, get it here. It's the first essay in that book.)

Michael

Took awhile, however:

Apologies flew around after things quieted down. “I have reached out to the journalists involved to offer my sincere apologies and to express regret over my actions,” Click said. “I regret the language and strategies I used, and sincerely apologize to the MU campus community, and journalists at large, for my behavior, and also for the way my actions have shifted attention away from the students’ campaign for justice. My actions were shaped by exasperation with a few spirited reporters.” The fallout also included Click’s resignation from her “courtesy appointment” at the university’s journalism school.

Click’s arrest, reported by ABC 17 News, comes amid debate in Missouri about her fitness to continue in her post. As reported by USA Today this month, more than 100 state Republican lawmakers have called for her to be fired. “The fact that, as a professor teaching in the communication department and school of journalism, she displayed such a complete disregard for the First Amendment rights of reporters should be enough to question her competency and aptitude for her job. It should be evident that these actions are inappropriate, illegal and unacceptable for a faculty member of the University of Missouri,” wrote the lawmakers.

How this is only supported by 100 Republican State lawmakers is beyond me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2016/01/25/mizzou-professor-melissa-click-charged-with-third-degree-assault-in-quad-clash/

They should grant her tenure--let her grow up into her natural state of a stateless totalitarian like an animal in a zoo on continual public display.

--Brant

we don't want her gone--let her continue to stink up the joint!

Too much money for a marxist monkey to receive from the taxpayers.

They should grant her tenure--let her grow up into her natural state of a stateless totalitarian like an animal in a zoo on continual public display.

--Brant

we don't want her gone--let her continue to stink up the joint!

Too much money for a marxist monkey to receive from the taxpayers.

They deserve their taxes. And anyone going to college today for a liberal arts education is wasting time and money.

--Brant

if they call her a "Marxist monkey" then they don't deserve the taxes, and enough do it fire the bitch (screw tenure)

• 4 weeks later...

Assistant Professor Melissa Click, captured on video calling for “some muscle” to remove reporters from a campus protest site, was fired Wednesday by the University of Missouri Board of Curators, Chairwoman Pam Henrickson said in a prepared statement.

The board voted 4-2 in favor of termination during a closed session in Kansas City, with Henrickson and curator John Phillips opposing the move, UM System spokesman John Fougere wrote in an email Thursday. Curators David Steelman, Donald Cupps, Maurice Graham and Phil Snowden voted in favor of firing Click.

Click did not respond to a message seeking comment Thursday. The board earlier voted to suspend Click with pay on Jan. 27.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/education/turmoil_at_mu/university-of-missouri-curators-vote-to-fire-melissa-click/article_4b0ae653-2d61-5f3f-9ede-a129d12f0fd1.html

20 hours ago, Selene said:

Not to worry. Click is now a celeb and will be hired by another, more pukingly liberal university and get twice the salary she previously had.  Sorry for my cynicism, but it has served me well through the years.

11 minutes ago, Mike82ARP said:

Not to worry. Click is now a celeb and will be hired by another, more pukingly liberal university and get twice the salary she previously had.  Sorry for my cynicism, but it has served me well through the years.

Mike:

A cynic is a humanist with experience.

A...

50 minutes ago, Mike82ARP said:

I'm not sure whether that's a good or bad thing here.

How so?

To me, it helps with not being a victim and sanctioning these types of marxist intellectual thugs.

A...