Trump humor

41 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

LOL...

From somewhere out there on the Interwebs.

07.14.2017-09.57.png

:)

Michael

That is sooooo.... choice.

I'm putting this recent Snopes article in Trump Humor:

The Lies of Donald Trump’s Critics, and How They Shape His Many Personas

It's not here in humor because I disagree with it. I agree with most of it (and won't make issue over a few minor points).

The humor is a question. What the hell happened to Snopes? What are they smoking over there?

This makes about as much sense as the Vatican preaching the virtues of Moloch (although this is not a perfect metaphor--I would have preferred to switch it so Snopes was the pagan child sacrifice god for a better character fit).

Michael

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I'm putting this recent Snopes article in Trump Humor:

The Lies of Donald Trump’s Critics, and How They Shape His Many Personas

It's not here in humor because I disagree with it. I agree with most of it (and won't make issue over a few minor points).

The humor is a question. What the hell happened to Snopes? What are they smoking over there?

This makes about as much sense as the Vatican preaching the virtues of Moloch (although this is not a perfect metaphor--I would have preferred to switch it so Snopes was the pagan child sacrifice god for a better character fit).

Michael

During the Civil War  vicious and nasty things were said about Abraham Lincoln,  not only by Southerners but by Union people and abolitionists too.  Lincoln's chief general at the time George B. McClellan  referred to President Lincoln  as "the original gorilla" and this while he was still on duty.   William Lloyd Garrison referred to Lincoln as a traitor to the cause of anti-slavery  prior to the issuance of the Emancipation Proclamation  because Lincoln saw the war as an action to put down an insurrection and to restore the Union to what it was prior to the war.  Garrison spoke of Lincoln in the way people who disagree with AGW are spoken of today.  Turncoats, traitors, persons of no integrity  etc....   The anti-Trump rhetoric  you read and hear today is mild and innocuous  compared to what was written and said of Lincoln even by people on the same side of the struggle as Lincoln.  People did not call Lincoln a liar.  That called him a person too stupid or to insane to even lie. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't want to look at this since I have a visceral reaction to someone taking an entire talk and pausing and commenting every few words. (On forums, when they do that with posts, I call it candy-striping.)

I think this is intellectually lazy, but there's something worse. It provides a subtext that the person being criticized is more important than the ideas. A person who goes after the ideas puts them in first place, not the person being criticized, within the template.

But this time around, Scott Adams did this form well. Maybe it's because he actually did target Congresswoman Jackie Speier and not her idea. :) 

It's quite funny, too.

Enjoy. 

LOL...

Michael

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:43 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I saw this comment (or something like it) somewhere on the Interwebs.

After Hillary Clinton's press machine branded Donald Trump as Hitler, she still lost to him.

Let that sink in.

Michael

I watched the second half of “Saving Private Ryan” yesterday and it is still a wonderful movie. Those effing Nazi’s came close to existing to this day, but I won’t go over those “what if scenarios.”

Something I would say to one of those alt right types who are intrigued by the whole Nazi or “being a rebel” thesis is that every veteran in America, like myself, swore to uphold The Constitution. You can’t be a nostalgia buff for the Confederate States of America, Robert E. Lee, or Stonewall Jackson, when you put two and two together and understand that The South in 1860, was willing to destroy our Constitution.

And also after thinking about it, I think statues of Confederates (or Benedict Arnold) should be exiled from town squares, though they “could still morally remain” near historical sites. “All men are created equal,” so it is understandable if you object to a statue of someone who was willing to kill American soldiers to keep some people as slaves.  

Peter      

Might as well put this one here:

Muh Russians!

It wasn't just Trump. Muh Russians did Bernie, too!

Muh Russians are everywhere!

“The Guy is Hiding Something”: Top Hillary Advisor Suggests Bernie Colluded With Russia During the Primary

Tweeted by one Adam Parkhomenko, a long time Clinton aide (details in story):

PS...you seem to ignore the Russia support online for Bernie during the primaries. The guy is hiding something. Not sure I want to know what

When they finally nail Clinton for the Russian uranium deal, it will be one mighty satisfying act of poetic justice. I think even Bernie supporters will feel the same.

Michael

Have you have ever wondered where a certain facial expression by snowflake millennials came from? I'm talking about a turn-off-brain-and-return-to-grade-school expression of disdain.

The words are harsh like Nazi, white supremacist, racist, misogynist, and so on, but the expression is like when a little girl tells her mother that everybody knows you don't eat chocolate ice cream with Corn Flakes.

I think I know where they got it.

Here is Hillary Clinton on President Trump's inaugural speech:

Michael

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Have you have ever wondered where a certain facial expression by snowflake millennials came from? I'm talking about a turn-off-brain-and-return-to-grade-school expression of disdain.

The words are harsh like Nazi, white supremacist, racist, misogynist, and so on, but the expression is like when a little girl tells her mother that everybody knows you don't eat chocolate ice cream with Corn Flakes.

I think I know where they got it.

Here is Hillary Clinton on President Trump's inaugural speech:

Michael

Good one Michael. ROTFLMAO

-J

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Omarosa was recently let go from the White House staff (but she will leave Jan 20).

Here is a blast from her past before President Trump was a candidate.

Back in 2006 (video is copyright 2005) when she was doing The Apprentice, she made one of the weirdest cheesiest short videos I have ever seen. It's a Sci-Fi riff off Barbarella.

Omarosa is abducted by an evil space lady and turned into a kind of Manchurian Candidate. Her mission is to get a lock of Donald Trump's hair and bring it to the evil space lady so she will have the power to rule the universe. Omarosa does this, but there's a snag.

Spoiler: In a plot twist in the end, for some reason Omarosa snaps out of the Manchurian Candidate conditioning and keeps Trump's hair. She expels the evil space lady from the space ship and goes on to be ruler of the universe through the power from the hair.

You have to see this to believe the depths of bad acting, bad story, bad filming, bad everything.

I like Omarosa, but I stand in awe with slackened jaw...

(Note from MSK: YouTube has taken this video down, so you can read about this here and see a few photos: Bizarre film of Omarosa surfaces amid White House exit. However, there are many new video sites popping up due to YouTube thought control policies, so I will try to find one and post it.)

EDIT: Here's another YT version, but it will probably be gone before too long:

Michael