Donald Trump

On 8/21/2018 at 10:42 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Korben,

Don't forget about Adobe Voco and Lyrebird. You know this technology in a refined stage is already in the hands of billionaires. I think the reason they haven't started bombarding the public with fake audio is because the billionaires on both sides have it. So it's a standoff reminiscent of mutually assured destruction. If one guys does it, the other will, too.

But somebody is going to slip up one day as the temptation is more than some humans can bear to make a recording of a hated enemy saying stupid shit in a realistic manner. Then kaboom. Things will get quite colorful and entertaining.

:) 

Michael

We have survived fraud and false charges with photoshop and video editing technology, so I think we'll survive Voco and Lyrebird, and similar technologies...

hqdefault.jpg

Korben,

Were your Photoshopped meme photos of Trump presented as real photos to real stories?

Like, say, the Obama birth certificate was? People take that document as the real thing these days, so this crap works sometimes. :evil: (btw - Just for the record, I believe from circumstantial evidence like newspaper accounts of the time that Obama was born in the US. I do not believe the document he presented as his birth certificate is authentic.)

But think of this, audio is a lot easier to obfuscate. Or maybe fool people with by obfuscation is a better way to say it.

Don't forget that sampling is a standard music tool these days. So is removing a voice from a commercial recording bought in a store and leaving the arrangement. And then there's this. The versions of Voco and Lyrebird that manage to reach the public at large are greatly degraded. Imagine the latest (and hidden) versions of these programs in the hands of master propagandists who will not go for the cheap shot.

I bet billionaires and governments are going to invest some big bucks in programs and tools that amplify and dissect audio in ways that find signs and traces of this kind of manipulation. 

Michael

From today's early morning broadcast of an interview with President Trump, by Fox News's Ainsley Earhardt.

Ainsley is so sweet! It's a nice change to see a member of the press lobbing soft, gentle pitches to a republican. She's almost as sweet as Esme Murphy was in her interview with Keith Ellison the other day. Of course, it's no where near as fawning as the press was with Obama, what with the unrestrained gushing, and the ejaculating under their clothing, etc.

Anyway, thanks for posting the vid. I did learn some things. It's going to be a fun circus to watch.

J

Further to opinion that the Cohen pleas will have close to zero impact on the President legally (if not politically) ...

On 8/21/2018 at 11:56 AM, william.scherk said:

What does this have to do with Donald Trump?  Probably close to absolute zero in terms of dirtying the President's reputation or contributing to legal jeopardy, IMHO. Cohen's reputation is something else, though. "Why didn't somebody tell me my longtime fixer was crooked?" will be said by nobody on Twitter.

For those who wonder if there is any other shoe to drop -- involving pay-offs involving a mistress and a sex-movie actress.  The frame of the narrative is that Karen McDougal's story was quashed by the National Inquirer via AMI, with money paid via by shell companies to avoid reporting it as a campaign expense/outlay.

So, a phony Fake News headline saying "Pecker agrees to cooperative with federal investigators" might mean nothing. Whereas ... a real fake news headline will read: Prosecutors grant immunity to Enquirer's David Pecker: report

Who da hell David Pecker?

-- on another note, if you tend to take Trump's lead in framing the Cohen meaninglessness ... you will have to put aside the word/concept "fixer."  As the President said to Ainsley Earhardt:

“He was a lawyer for me for, one of many. They always say ‘the lawyer,’ and then they like to add ‘the fixer.’ I don’t know him as a fixer. I don’t know where that term came from. He’s been a lawyer for me. Didn’t do big deals, did small deals.

Not somebody that was with me that much. They make it sound like I didn’t live without him. I understood Michael Cohen very well. Turned out he wasn’t a very good lawyer, frankly. But he was somebody that was probably with me for about 10 years and I would see him sometimes.”

44 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Further to opinion that the Cohen pleas will have close to zero impact on the President legally (if not politically

“He was a lawyer for me for, one of many.....

Not somebody that was with me that much. They make it sound like I didn’t live without him. I understood Michael Cohen very well. Turned out he wasn’t a very good lawyer, frankly. But he was somebody that was probably with me for about 10 years and I would see him sometimes.”

lol sort of like his first wife Ivana?

Some lowlife writer was just on Beelzebub TV claiming that Trump is "the third generation of a white-collar criminal family" and his business deals are more Mafia-like than kosher --  he even wrote a book implying those treasonous things.

Shouldn't he be in jail, instead of Manafort whose only crime was getting rich through being smart ,and realizing that the law is something Trump will change soon before he will have to go to jail?  It only stands to reason.

23 hours ago, caroljane said:

Correction Marc, as of the last fed election, 49% of the people were Trump in electoral popular-vote terms, , while Trump himself was 1% of the people, in economic terms as usual. Maybe by now 0.5%.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppp 

29 minutes ago, caroljane said:

Some lowlife writer was just on Beelzebub TV claiming that Trump is "the third generation of a white-collar criminal family" and his business deals are more Mafia-like than kosher --  he even wrote a book implying those treasonous things.

Shouldn't he be in jail, instead of Manafort whose only crime was getting rich through being smart ,and realizing that the law is something Trump will change soon before he will have to go to jail?  It only stands to reason.

We should simply ban all elections and place in power Obama , Hillary , Sarah Silverman , Oprah , and other Hollywood elites , obviously musicians like Beyoncé and Jay Z , Colin K and other folks who are like minded . 

Obviously , this consortium of left wingers will bounce  their concepts off left wingers on this board 

Funny but coming from a hip hop lover , I recall how so many hip hop artists loved Donald Trump and also Jewish lawyers . That was a consistent theme in hip hop .  

Now , Trump is in the Oval Office and Eminem is a totally washed up mid 40s artist who has an album coming out in November and lo and behold , he now hates Trump ???? 

Wonder if that has anything to do with the corporates ? 

6 minutes ago, Marc said:

We should simply ban all elections and place in power Obama , Hillary , Sarah Silverman , Oprah , and other Hollywood elites , obviously musicians like Beyoncé and Jay Z , Colin K and other folks who are like minded . 

Obviously , this consortium of left wingers will bounce  their concepts off left wingers on this board 

Er, who is this "we" you refer to? NAFTA? Too late - or maybe you have dual citizenship.

3 minutes ago, Marc said:

Funny but coming from a hip hop lover , I recall how so many hip hop artists loved Donald Trump and also Jewish lawyers . That was a consistent theme in hip hop .  

Now , Trump is in the Oval Office and Eminem is a totally washed up mid 40s artist who has an album coming out in November and lo and behold , he now hates Trump ???? 

Wonder if that has anything to do with the corporates ? 

Why did you leave Drake off your lefty board? Too Canadian for you hmmmm?

I have not noticed Kid Rock or Ted Nugent rocking the top 40 lately much either.  You may have a point, of some kind.

14 minutes ago, caroljane said:

Why did you leave Drake off your lefty board? Too Canadian for you hmmmm?

I have not noticed Kid Rock or Ted Nugent rocking the top 40 lately much either.  You may have a point, of some kind.

Honestly don’t know anything about Drake as in his politics . We did go to the same high school though ! 

He opened up a restaurant in Toronto as you are well aware , I would think . 

If he is like Kanye and not Jay Z politically that would be great need and I would let him come with me , on my journey !!!

21 minutes ago, caroljane said:

Er, who is this "we" you refer to? NAFTA? Too late - or maybe you have dual citizenship.

I know I know but I’m an American in my heart . 

The concept is so beautiful ! 

3 minutes ago, Marc said:

Honestly don’t know anything about Drake as in his politics . We did go to the same high school though ! 

He opened up a restaurant in Toronto as you are well aware , I would think . 

If he is like Kanye and not Jay Z politically that would be great need and I would let him come with me , on my journey !!!

no! you went to DeGrassi? It is one block from my place!

Seriously, was that in Forest Hill?

As to his politics I don't know anything either, maybe he doesn't have any. His sponsorship hasn't helped the poor old Raptors, let alone the Blue Jays that is for sure.

15 minutes ago, Marc said:

I know I know but I’m an American in my heart . 

The concept is so beautiful ! 

I understand you. In that you are like Ayn Rand, to whom the concept was beautiful also. And it is shiningly beautiful.

The oath she took to become an American required allegiance to "liberty and justice for all".

Do you really think that Donald Trump cares about  freedom and impartial justice  for all, including the other half of America that didn't vote for him.? I find it impossible to believe that. He has no grasp of concepts, except as transient Twitter catchwords. He has no moral compass. I don't think he is worthy of your fanhood.

"While I am Attorney-General, the actions of the Department of Justice will not be improperly influenced by political considerations." 

A statement attributed to Jeff Sessions this hour, courtesy of the fake news aka 'enemy of the people.'

The obviously false plain implied conclusion to take is that Sessions refers to scathing comments made by the President during his sit-down with Fox News's Ainsley Earhardt.  Which were ... ready to be inserted here. But you already watched them.

An even faker bit of news is that Mr Sessions is presently arriving at the White House. Maybe there is a cabinet meeting he should attend.  Perhaps a private dressing-down and Consequences: Diet coke. Chocolate. Big black Sharpies.

The red button? Hari-kiri?  Just another plangent refrain of the Sessions-Trump operetta?

The President is clear about Jeff Sessions. He has little confidence in him.  So what are ya gonna do about it, Boss? You got rid of Derp, Durp, Darp, Dirp and Dorp from your cabinet, so what's the hold-up with Mr Magoo --who shoulda told you he'd have to recuse if the Kislyak-campaign meetings came to light?

51 minutes ago, caroljane said:

no! you went to DeGrassi? It is one block from my place!

Seriously, was that in Forest Hill?

As to his politics I don't know anything either, maybe he doesn't have any. His sponsorship hasn't helped the poor old Raptors, let alone the Blue Jays that is for sure.

FHCI ! 

Not at the same time though , lolollll

31 minutes ago, caroljane said:

I understand you. In that you are like Ayn Rand, to whom the concept was beautiful also. And it is shiningly beautiful.

The oath she took to become an American required allegiance to "liberty and justice for all".

Do you really think that Donald Trump cares about  freedom and impartial justice  for all, including the other half of America that didn't vote for him.? I find it impossible to believe that. He has no grasp of concepts, except as transient Twitter catchwords. He has no moral compass. I don't think he is worthy of your fanhood.

Thanks but I really do . I mean black unemployment numbers , Latinos too, woman as well , all do improved . 

I really do believe , heck , I see it with my own eyes !!!!!!!!

Trump is loved across the nation and as the social media giants fall , along with CNN and the newspapers , well , then you will see the truth . The people love Donald Trump ,

numbers don’t lie