Donald Trump

16 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

You think wrong.  He arrived in 1933 and became a US citizen seven years later in 1940.  Look it up.  Look up "How we know what isn't so," a book by Thomas Gilovich.

Thanks William. How’s he doing? Trump I mean, not Albert.

In Volume One of “The Objectivist Newsletter” Ayn Rand wrote “. . . A change in a country’s political ideas has to be preceded by a change in its cultural trends; a cultural movement is the necessary precondition of a political movement . . . .”   

In "The Chickens' Homecoming," Rand wrote, “. . . . the premises that we owe a duty to the rest of the world, that we are responsible for the welfare of any nation anywhere on earth, that isolationism is selfish, immoral and impractical in a "shrinking" modern world, etc. Such a study would demonstrate the evil of altruistic "interventionism" or "internationalism," and would define the proper principles (the premises of national self-interest) that should guide America's foreign policy.”

I am optimistic about having President Trump as our leader. After two years in office, I don’t worry that he will operate a crony capitalist system or get us into war. His buildings, wealth, rebellious nature, some likeness to Randian characters, his beautiful wife, etc., and even his flubs and “misspeaks” tell me he may not be “our hero” but neither is he in any rational sense, a Randian villain.   

Two years into his first term, President Trump may be a necessary precondition for an objective, capitalist movement. He is a conservative capitalist, not based on his religion. His election indicates a “cultural trend.” We ARE on the right path. We have fewer regulations and restrictions on individual freedom. Our country is less likely to go to war or to be interventionist. Does a rational analyses disagree with these statements? Peter

On 7/2/2018 at 5:32 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This whole kerfuffle with Michael Cohen will backfire big-time on the anti-Trumpers. [...]

Don't they realize he's a lawyer? A very, very good lawyer?

Anti-Trumpers come in several flavours.  

One angle that The A-T Blob is pursuing is that Cohen did what a fixer does, fix annoying situations that could impact his (former) client. 

Most of the A-T Blob material I have perused hangs together by a web of speculative scenarios. That Cohen will look out for his own personal interests seems to be the fragile premise underlying such story-spinning.

Snatched from the jaws of the Hoopla Pageant ...

cohenMemeorandumTrumpJuly21.png

-- one factual claim I do not understand is that although the Special Master included the tape cited as 'privileged,' the President's side allowed this tape to be part of allowable discovery, waiving privilege.  

56 minutes ago, Peter said:

Thanks William. How’s he doing? Trump I mean, not Albert.

In Volume One of “The Objectivist Newsletter” Ayn Rand wrote “. . . A change in a country’s political ideas has to be preceded by a change in its cultural trends; a cultural movement is the necessary precondition of a political movement . . . .”   

In "The Chickens' Homecoming," Rand wrote, “. . . . the premises that we owe a duty to the rest of the world, that we are responsible for the welfare of any nation anywhere on earth, that isolationism is selfish, immoral and impractical in a "shrinking" modern world, etc. Such a study would demonstrate the evil of altruistic "interventionism" or "internationalism," and would define the proper principles (the premises of national self-interest) that should guide America's foreign policy.”

I am optimistic about having President Trump as our leader. After two years in office, I don’t worry that he will operate a crony capitalist system or get us into war. His buildings, wealth, rebellious nature, some likeness to Randian characters, his beautiful wife, etc., and even his flubs and “misspeaks” tell me he may not be “our hero” but neither is he in any rational sense, a Randian villain.   

Two years into his first term, President Trump may be a necessary precondition for an objective, capitalist movement. He is a conservative capitalist, not based on his religion. His election indicates a “cultural trend.” We ARE on the right path. We have fewer regulations and restrictions on individual freedom. Our country is less likely to go to war or to be interventionist. Does a rational analyses disagree with these statements? Peter

Interesting comparison to Randian characters.  are you thinking of Hank Rearden's beautiful wife Lilian? You can't be unawarethat Melania is widely believed not to love her husband, but she made a bargain in good faith for the chance of motherhood in the security of marriage (my opinion too) and has kept her bargain grimly and gallantly.

If this is just common design, there are over three thousand counties in the US — twelve thousand police departments — and you surely will have no trouble finding other examples.

Los Angeles County Sheriffs are currently on their 8th badge design since 1850.

Here is their 7th badge:

SHM%20Badge%207%20-B%20.jpg 

Here is the 8th and current badge:

SHM%20Badge%208%20-B%20.jpg   befunky-collage_51_orig.jpg

All their previous badges were comparatively undecorated.

http://lasd.org

There is lots of interesting history at their site.

Can't make this shit up, the 1980 entry begins thusly...

"1980

"Cops Love Kids" program establishes a firm relationship of mutual trust between children and deputies."

A firm relationship. Mutual is interesting. Didn't the deputies already trust the children?

Carol? Define, "widely believed." I don't think Melania is grim at all. Nor is she laughing all the way to the bank. I think she is somewhat European in attitudes but loving her adopted country. America, so beautiful, for spacious skies . . .   

Qanon and the Podestas, by Praying Medic ...

On 6/29/2018 at 8:42 PM, Jon Letendre said:

83) #Qanon said that the left is attempting to portray Trump and Q followers as violent extremists. 4chan moderators have been compromised. The mainstream media is pushing a narrative which will grow stronger. They want us to become violent in response to their tactics.

1 hour ago, caroljane said:

You can't be unawarethat Melania is widely believed not to love her husband, but she made a bargain in good faith for the chance of motherhood in the security of marriage (my opinion too) and has kept her bargain grimly and gallantly.

Carol,

This is typical of the bubble. You don't love Donald Trump, in fact you despise him, so you can't imagine any woman of high character and class could love him. That gives you perfect license to crawl into her head and tell the world--as opinion, but meant as fact--you see she doesn't really love him. She's just a gold-digger.

I love that you do this, though.

I have constantly said that people in the bubble don't see the people who support Trump. They originally thought it was impossible for Trump supporters to exist at all except for the retards. Then President Trump got elected. But the bubble people were so blinded by the bubble, instead of looking and seeing the people who voted for Trump, they invented a story about Russians. After getting their asses kicked, though, bubble people now acknowledge that Trump supporters exist. With one caveat. They think that Trump supporters don't really live and love like they say they do.

(They don't observe with their own eyes, though. God help us if a bubble person actually went out and met some Trump supporters. They only get this belief second hand because CNN finally said Trump supporters exist. :) )

And they follow this with the firm belief that once Trump supporters get enlightened by the bubble, they will join the bubble (except those too inferior to be anything but human livestock like white adult males in rural places, devout Christians and the like). 

That means the liberals are going to get buried in the midterms.

And that means President Trump will have a much easier time passing laws.

And that makes me happy.

:) 

Michael

12 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Carol,

This is typical of the bubble. You don't love Donald Trump, in fact you despise him, so you can't imagine any woman of high character and class could love him. That gives you perfect license to crawl into her head and tell the world--as opinion, but meant as fact--you see she doesn't really love him. She's just a gold-digger.

I love that you do this, though.

I have constantly said that people in the bubble don't see the people who support Trump. They originally thought it was impossible for Trump supporters to exist at all except for t

(They don't observe with their own eyes, though. God help us if a bubble person actually went out and met some Trump supporters. They only get this belief second hand because CNN finally said Trump supporters exist. :) )

This is very fair comment. But not about me. I wrote awhile ago here - on a thread to Jonathan, about a close relative whom I love and respect who supported Trump and voted for him. J's response to that was to accuse me of "universalizing", because antiTrump people never  respect political opponents. In effect he called me a liar as always.

Another anecdotal example is my co-inlaw, who drove me home from my first eye surgery with Rush Limbaugh on the radio. He is a great. big-hearted guy and we have agreed to disagree. His family including my daughter-in-law don't agree with him either.

Also I will call upon Marc, a member here,who is wrong and unCanadian to support Trump, whom I still consider a friend.

12 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

8 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jules.

That story is a year old, but I feel for the Yazidis. That situation should have never happened. But, fundamentally, the mess, like those poor girls and ladies, is fallout from a very stupid political and military policy.

So let's do this.

All together now, say with me:

"Thank you Barack Obama, thank you Hillary Clinton, for letting the junior varsity play in the big league and even change some of the rules."

After all, ISIS was their baby.

As to the aftermath, you first have to cut the head off the snakes that are biting the victims if you truly want to solve the problem. So President Trump is actually doing something concrete about this situation, starting with the eradication of ISIS.

It's going to take a while to clean up Obama and Clinton's mess in the Middle East, but I believe it will get done. And I fully believe these people are not forgotten in the plans. After all, ISIS no longer has its caliphate and is in shambles right now.

Here's an idea. While President Trump is doing the heavy lifting, to save a little time, maybe we should turn the problem of these specific Yazidi people over to the Clinton Foundation. They say they're humanitarians. See what they can do about it...

:evil: 

Michael

Ok so how is it that Iran has not been charged with war crimes.

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.albawaba.com/loop/original-afghan-children-recruited-iran-fight-syria-1028184

Wwwwwhy go looking under stones for stupid symbols that don’t mean anything when there are so many in your face atrocities.  This was Oct. 2017.  

Anyone bringing Iran to task for this?  No, other than sanctions that are already there.

Nnnnno we have squiggly circles and triangles..that’s far more evil right?

• Thanks 1

https://www.collective-evolution.com/2018/03/16/is-there-any-real-evidence-of-elite-pedophile-sex-rings-involving-government-pop-culture/

oh look...in part of this article..

minent names who boarded the Lolita Express include former President Bill Clinton, Naomi Campbell, Kevin Spacey, Prince Andrew, Larry Summers, and other political figures, all of whom are listed on the flight logs. Even the current U.S. President, Donald Trump, has ties to Epstein, and was in fact accused of raping a 13-year-old girl at multiple different elite sex parties with Epstein. You can see the full logs here.

Seeing as we are looking under every stone for pedophiles what about Messiah Trump?

5 hours ago, Jules Troy said:

Anyone bringing Iran to task for this?  No, other than sanctions that are already there.

Jules,

Er... Have you been awake re President Trump's gradual dismantling of the Iran nuclear deal?

President Trump is working on Iran. Wait until he gets done.

Iran is a little bit more complicated than ISIS. I know both are only one word and in our remote control environment where we get to change the channel by pushing one button regardless of the complication, it doesn't work that way in reality. Those who work with reality know this.

But correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't ISIS a Salafi (Sunni) "junior varsity" (according to Obama) spinoff that was practically engineered by Obama and Clinton? It came with unintended consequences to them, I bet, but still they did that. Not Iran. Hell, Iran fought ISIS.

Just because Obama was sucking up to Iran for some hairbrained reason (like he did, say, in thinking it was a great idea to send quality guns to Mexican drug cartels), and just because Obama was paying Iran bribes for God knows what, that doesn't mean Iran created ISIS or participated in ISIS's atrocities.

I'm not saying Iran shouldn't be punished for the vicious crap they have done in the world, which is a lot, but why punish them for something they didn't do? There's plenty they did do, yet you want them punished for ISIS crimes?

You're sounding like a typical neocon right now. 

:evil:  :) 

Michael

3 hours ago, Jules Troy said:

Jules,

You should be careful when quoting from sites with names like "Collective Evolution." To do armchair Google search warrioring competently, you need some skills and it appears you have not developed many.

Here are a few recent articles on the Collective Evolution site you like. You might enjoy them:

The Flying Humanoid Phenomena Of Mexico

University Physics Professor Reveals ‘Face On Mars’ Clearly Has A Mouth Full Of Teeth

Round UFO Seen Hovering Over Indian Prime Minister’s Residence – “Details Cannot Be Revealed”

This Map Shows Which US Cities You Have The Best Chance Of Seeing A UFO In

Do Ancient Sumerian Scribes Really Describe Extraterrestrial Contact?

As to Trump taking a plane ride with Epstein and doing rape, orgies, etc., they tried to do that to Alan Dershowitz, too.

I don't recall many of the details since this was obviously hit job stuff and I didn't take it very seriously at the time, so I need to look into more than the products of the establishment fake news press machine--which was in overdrive when this nugget of wisdom surfaced--to get correct details.

But this never went anywhere. I don't believe it ever will, either. 

What I did see on a Google skim right now was this was served up by the same fine Fusion GPS folks who did the fake Trump piss-gate dossier. (Oddly enough, there are still some die-hard anti-Trumpers who swear by that dossier even after it's been proven to be an opposition hit piece--so-called "opposition research"--paid for by Hillary Clinton. :) )

This rape thing was essentially a hoax by a well-funded anonymous claimant "Jane Doe," and the log thing is old news that fizzled. Hell, the anti-Trumpers are not even using it anymore.

btw - Did you click on the word "here" in the excerpt you posted to go to the flight logs? Let's remind ourselves of the paragraph you quoted to show the nature of the article you like to read to get your information (my bold). I've already shown the nature of the site you like, Collective Evolution, with its hard-hitting UFO stories. :evil: 

Prominent names who boarded the Lolita Express include former President Bill Clinton, Naomi Campbell, Kevin Spacey, Prince Andrew, Larry Summers, and other political figures, all of whom are listed on the flight logs. Even the current U.S. President, Donald Trump, has ties to Epstein, and was in fact accused of raping a 13-year-old girl at multiple different elite sex parties with Epstein. You can see the full logs here.

I, for one, did click on the word "here." And I tried to search for the word "Trump" in the Scribd document it went to presenting the flight logs. 

For some reason, the word "Trump" does not appear in it anywhere, at least on the searches I did. Why is that I wonder, since the article strongly implies it would be there?

Helpfully,

Michael

That’s my whole freaking pointttttt!   You can find sources for everything and anything to support a point of view.  Doesn’t mean it is factual.

As for my field of employment supporting neocon interests?  Hell NO industry in Canada supports neocon interests.... I do non destructive examinations in the oil and gas sector as well as different industries.  Bridge work, crane inspection, heck sometimes we inspect concrete flooring looking for rebar and stress cables  so they know where NOT to drill holes in the floor.(some seriously bad shit will happen if you drill through a high tension stress support cable)

7 minutes ago, Jules Troy said:

Hell NO industry in Canada supports neocon interests.... I do non destructive examinations in the oil and gas sector as well as different industries.  Bridge work, crane inspection, heck sometimes we inspect concrete flooring looking for rebar and stress cables  so they know where NOT to drill holes in the floor.(some seriously bad shit will happen if you drill through a high tension stress support cable)

Jules,

You mean they don't use any of that in supplying the military? Or how about nation-building? No juicy subcontractor contracts? None anywhere?

Not in all of Canada at that?

Wow...

Michael

10 minutes ago, Jules Troy said:

That’s my whole freaking pointttttt!

Jules,

So why did you present it as serious?

It's not apparent--at least to me--you were being sarcastic or debunking the very things you presented. 

It looked the contrary.

But if you say your intent was the same as mine, I'm fine with it. We all write poorly at times. I know I do. 

Michael

10 hours ago, Jules Troy said:

Canada has a military?

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police should take care of those pesky "claim jumpers." Now Trump's view bout them northerners might be that because your southern neighbor America, protects you, then Canada can spend less or next to nothing on defense. Big Brother is watching out for you.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police should take care of those pesky "claim jumpers." Now Trump's view bout them northerners might be that because your southern neighbor America, protects you, then Canada can spend less or next to nothing on defense. Big Brother is watching out for you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40381047/a-canadian-sniper-breaks-the-record-for-the-longest-confirmed-kill-shot---but-how

We don’t have much but what we do counts...

I am having a much better experience getting to OL by avoiding email as the portal.

Julius Caesar of Troy. I should shut my trap about Canada. You speak critically or in a revealing fashion, and then you pause and say, “I had no right to say that.” I am sure that has happened to all of us. Then the other person thinks but may not respond by saying, “It’s too late now, Buster! It‘s out in the open!” An inner censor may be a mature way of coping with the dangers of reality.

But I want to know what our President is thinking too. (wince, wince) I would rather have an honest opinion than scripted, official speech with Americans . . . . but he could dwell a bit more on what he says around other foreign leaders.  

1 hour ago, Peter said:

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Julius Caesar of Troy... 

Peter, yur classical slip is showing!  Prince Jiulus of Troy (twin of Cassandra?) would be more appropriate.

Your reflections on communication made sense, anyway.

From the Merl Reagle July 22, Sunday Puzzle. 76 across clue. 14 letters. Naturalist weds Irish tenor, making . . . . Answer: Jane good all day

Carol wrote in her best mimic of song lyrics, and in her bestest first grade hand writing about Cassandra “, lucky she had a better half then isn't it?”

In modern times she is known as Mama Cass.

GO WHERE YOU WANNA GO. The Mamas and the Papas

You gotta go where you want to go
Do what you want to do
With whoever you want to do it with

You don't understand
That a girl like me can love just one man
Three thousand miles, that's how far you'll go
And you said to me "please don't follow"

'Cause you gotta go where you want to go
Do what you want to do
With whoever you want to do it with

[Chorus]