Donald Trump

How would the left, its media, and average citizens who suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome react to the following:

Trump signs an executive order establishing a massive welcoming compound at a specific border site, with free showers, nutritious meals, laundry services, and all sorts of donated clothing and such. Oppressed people of central and South America are invited and encouraged to come to this facility en route to Canada. Once the travelers have had an opportunity to freshen up and replenish their energies, they will board comfortable buses headed for another compound right next to the Canadian border. Instead of building Trump's wall,  he decides to take the left's slogan to heart, and build bridges (and a high-capacity highway from the southern compound to the northern). Travelers are delivered to the Canadian border, and assisted in crossing. During their bus ride, they were taught how to take advantage of Canada's system. In the event that Canada cold-heartedly resists or prevents border crossings, U.S. agents will assist them in sneaking across.

How would Canada react? What would their frantic lefties, and ours, say?

J

• Like 1

This is the equivalent of the fake news media suddenly blinking in fear and going, "GULP..."

From NYT:

As Critics Assail Trump, His Supporters Dig In Deeper

The media's 24/7 oily vituperative demonization of President Trump is getting a harsh backlash--and it is measurable.

The part that interested me in the article had little to do with President Trump, though, that is, unless you believe he knows this and takes advantage of it (which I believe he does--the backlash is a by-product of rope-a-dope, one of Trump's favorite tactics :) ).

From the article (my bold):

LEESBURG, Va. — Gina Anders knows the feeling well by now. President Trump says or does something that triggers a spasm of outrage. She doesn’t necessarily agree with how he handled the situation. She gets why people are upset.

But Ms. Anders, 46, a Republican from suburban Loudoun County, Va., with a law degree, a business career, and not a stitch of “Make America Great Again” gear in her wardrobe, is moved to defend him anyway.

“All nuance and all complexity — and these are complex issues — are completely lost,” she said, describing “overblown” reactions from the president’s critics, some of whom equated the Trump administration’s policy of separating migrant children and parents to history’s greatest atrocities.

It makes me angry at them, which causes me to want to defend him to them more,” Ms. Anders said.

In interviews across the country over the last few days, dozens of Trump voters, as well as pollsters and strategists, described something like a bonding experience with the president that happens each time Republicans have to answer a now-familiar question: “How can you possibly still support this man?” Their resilience suggests a level of unity among Republicans that could help mitigate Mr. Trump’s low overall approval ratings and aid his party’s chances of keeping control of the House of Representatives in November.

“He’s not a perfect guy; he does some stupid stuff,” said Tony Schrantz, 50, of Lino Lakes, Minn., the owner of a water systems leak detection business. “But when they’re hounding him all the time it just gets old. Give the guy a little.”

Republican voters repeatedly described an instinctive, protective response to the president, and their support has grown in recent months...

. . .

... many Trump voters said that they no longer had the patience or interest to listen to what they see as another hysterical outburst by Democrats, Republican “Never Trumpers” and the media.

. . .

Others said they saw a ploy by the president’s enemies to obscure news that was more favorable to him...

. . .

Another factor that seems to be driving up support is a sense that no one is acknowledging Mr. Trump’s successes, which they see as manifold, historic and irrefutable.

The bolded parts show the subconscious response we all have when we perceive an big dumb oafish immoral bully using any pretext--including made up pretexts--to injure a cornered victim. That's how many people perceive the fake news mainstream media right now.

This is what happens with over-demonization. The issue is no longer what the bully's victim did or didn't do. The issue is the disgusting behavior by the bully.

People feel a deep protective response to that. (Oxytocin mixed with cortisol, for those who like this kind of info.) 

The result is, as the article makes clear, people who aren't 100% on board with President Trump are now rushting to his defense. The "let's all massacre Trump" banner sucks as a rallying cause for the country as a whole. It only works for those blinded by their own hatred, sanctimoniousness and stupidity.

In other words, up to now (but with a sporadic exception here and there), the anti-Trump press hasn't perceived what it was doing out in the general public--that is was losing everyone except its own hate-Trump junkies. Note that we are not talking about nuance or curing cancer. We are talking about just looking at something right in front of one's nose.  This is really elementary stuff for any egghead.

So what to conclude? These people actually are big and dumb and oafish and immoral and bullies. Look at any of the loud-mouthed college-degreed insider elitist anti-Trumpers, then imagine the soul residing inside that packaging. How can you see the soul? Easy. Just look at what they do and what they say, not just what they look like.

What you see is the soul of a bigoted thuggish troglodyte. A savage. A predator.

That is the mainstream media. That, in fact, in my view, is the soul of most elitists after you peel off the package and paint.

The NYT is just now seeing the public persona it manufactured for itself (and for the rest of the fake-news media). Not it's looking at the upcoming elections.

So it goes, "Gulp." 

Michael

15 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This is the equivalent of the fake news media suddenly blinking in fear and going, "GULP..."

From NYT:

As Critics Assail Trump, His Supporters Dig In Deeper.

And they still just can't stop themselves. It's the only tactic that they seem to know, and, no matter how many times it blows up in their faces, they keep using it, over and over again. A few of them know that it's not working, and that they have to do something different, but even those few can't manage to control their emotions long enough to try a better tactic.

Heh, I saw Kamala Harris in an interview, and you could see that she was trying very hard to deliver a positive message and attitude of expecting a future of good willl, economic success, and even some patriotism. She said that wanted to stay away from negativity, and focus on hope and goodness and light. She was able to maintain that position for about 45 seconds, and then slipped into the old rut of pushing hatred for her caricature of Trump and his vile followers. And that's the attitude that she held for the rest of the interview. She couldn't control herself. She couldn't stay in character and on message. She HAD to hate.

J

The way I see it, if you watch the stock market at all, when Trump makes an announcement and the djia jumps 400 points in a day(like his corporate tax announcement) it’s probably a good idea.  When it drops 300 points every day for a week he should probably re-think that idea.

It sounds overly simplistic but has merit.

17 hours ago, caroljane said:

Sure, good idea - you can join us and regain your position as a British colony, plus all the benefits of being part of the Commonwealth on the fast track to becoming an independent country!

But you will still have to pay extra for tea, that's only fair.

When I reread my quote above I saw it could be conscrewed as linking our Northern neighbor, Canada, with South Korea's neighbor North Korea but I was not trying to make a joke. North America is not Canada alone.  

According to a news source, President Trump is going to turn illegals away at the Mexican border. Mexico will have to contend with them and that would make Mexico do their job on their southern border. I think we now "detain" the illegals and they have a court date which is idiotic and time consuming.  I could make a Great Wall of China comparison joke but I resist the pull of silliness.  

All it would take is one innocent person shot, to lose moral authority here in America. I can't see James Bond shooting illegals either. "Sorry M. I would rather shoot myself in the foot. Bet, Q would do it with his new laser gun and temporarily blind them."

6 hours ago, Jules Troy said:

The way I see it, if you watch the stock market at all, when Trump makes an announcement and the djia jumps 400 points in a day(like his corporate tax announcement) it’s probably a good idea.  When it drops 300 points every day for a week he should probably re-think that idea.

It sounds overly simplistic but has merit.

I think that withTwitter and the markets , you got something there ! 

Someone is writing restaurant reviews on Executive Time.

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

Cool. Pushback works. The lack of it is why McCain and Romney got their asses kicked.

Btw, have you ever stayed at a Trump property? Trump knows what he's talking about. His Doral in Miami was immaculate when I visited back in the fall of 16, probably cleaner than the average clinic or hospital.

J

So, the loony left hasn't landed on new crisis yet. They're still focused on children having been ripped away from their parents. Trump's caving in on issue wasn't enough for them. He needs to go back in time and make it unhappen, except for when previous administrations did the same thing. That was totally okay.

J

24 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

So, the loony left hasn't landed on new crisis yet. They're still focused on children having been ripped away from their parents. Trump's caving in on issue wasn't enough for them. He needs to go back in time and make it unhappen, except for when previous administrations did the same thing. That was totally okay.

J

Liddle’ Shit disagrees, thinks it’s children for sure. And images are a crucible, or something like that. The pedophiles can’t give up the children angle because they’re going to be hung in massive numbers for their crimes against children and they imagine they can blunt that outcome.

Crucibles don’t even forge, what a dumb child fucker. Losing his mind in the final days...

The horror of family separation may be “Trump’s Katrina” and the images of stricken children the crucible that forges a lasting impression of this malevolent administration. But Katrina was a natural disaster made worse by human error. This tragedy was man-made from the start.

The guy they call Styxhexenhammer666 has thought long and hard about the fauxtroversy over President Trump's remarks about expediting removals.

Trump:

Styx:

-- a lot of people have said that the greatest source of "illegals" in the USA are those who have entered via normal ports of entry (official land crossings and airports) but then overstayed their time-limited visas.  An example many people who think like me use is a visitor from Latin America who crosses at San Ysidro or enters at LAX ... on one of several types of 90-day visas.

How does a big wall prevent visa overstays?  

BONUS: a fully-functional, searchable World of Trump Tweets: http://trumptwitterarchive.com/  Losers and Haters from Blob One and Blob Two will be thrilled with it, I am told by many people.

Edited by william.scherk
Overstaying my welcome ... add Twitter Archive link

5 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Not so funny though, is that the blameless and well-regarded Red Hen restaurant in Barrie, Ontario, is getting a barrage of obscene threats from semi-literate Trump enthusiasts. I shudder for Red Hens, everywhere.

Stop the Avian Order!

I love these accounts:

Just lock them all up, all of them, on trumped-up charges if necessary. Or, just send them to Gitmo. Laws, schmozz.

Is Harley-Davidson capitalism or not?  Asking for a fiend.

13 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

I love these accounts:

Just lock them all up, all of them, on trumped-up charges if necessary. Or, just send them to Gitmo. Laws, schmozz.

Is Harley-Davidson capitalism or not?  Asking for a fiend.

What did Loretta Lynn ever do? -Isn't she dead?  Oh, she's Loretta the singer not Loretta the pol -- oh well, "Beat her for her bad verses!"

- (Shakespeare knew which side his rum  was buttered on)

10 hours ago, william.scherk said:

How does a big wall prevent visa overstays?  

William,

What an odd question. 

That's like asking: How does an automobile mate with a shark?

What the hell happened to the law of identity all of a sudden?

Walls are not made for policing the behavior of people. They don't move and they don't have agency, just like automobiles don't run underwater and they don't do sex, no matter how sexy a shark may be.

In relation to humans, walls are physical barriers to keep people out of someplace and, in the case of prisons, dictatorships and the like, to keep people in.

Is that a difficult concept?

:evil:  :) 

Michael

17 hours ago, caroljane said:

Not so funny though, is that the blameless and well-regarded Red Hen restaurant in Barrie, Ontario, is getting a barrage of obscene threats from semi-literate Trump enthusiasts. I shudder for Red Hens, everywhere.

Stop the Avian Order!

Hmmm, so, you, Carol, who are an advocate of the initiation of physical force, are upset about others merely making hollow threats to initiate physical force? Heh.

J