Donald Trump

41 minutes ago, caroljane said:

His words can't be relied upon to  convey his real feelings or intentions.  It is his deeds we must use as the measure of the man.

Totally agreed Ms. Carol ! 

President Trumps recent deed has started the process to reunite families across two countries with the total population of 75 million folks . 

Not Obsma, Bush , Clinton , Bush or etc tried to reunite one family . 

My President is a shining light in the world of crony politicians 

52 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Carol,

What if President Trump said he didn't give a damn about separating families? That they deserved it for trying to sneak in...

Would you still have the same opinion?

:evil:  :) 

Michael

My opinion has been formed after reading of and hearing thousands of his words, uttered publicly or reported to have been said privately, so yes. I now see everything he says as a pursuit of his strategy to keep everyone permanently off-balance- even sometimes his supporters.

• Like 1

Just now, caroljane said:

I now see everything he says as a pursuit of his strategy to keep everyone permanently off-balance- even sometimes his supporters.

Carol,

Then you mistake one tactic he uses during high-stakes situations for the human being.

For some reason, I get the feeling you don't think of President Trump as a human being. On the surface, maybe, but not deep inside.

I get the feeling you think of him as some kind of abhorrent life form that exists just to piss you off.

:) 

Michael

14 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Carol,

Then you mistake one tactic he uses during high-stakes situations for the human being.

For some reason, I get the feeling you don't think of President Trump as a human being. On the surface, maybe, but not deep inside.

I get the feeling you think of him as some kind of abhorrent life form that exists just to piss you off.

Michael

Funny, that is the same feeling I get about your trusted source Alex Jones and practically every liberal he talks about!  I know Trump is all too human. I have even known people who resembled him.  Human beings are capable of anything. and everything.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jonathan,

The media wants to spin it as a victory over President Trump.

That way they can get sound bites for the midterms.

Here's a tweet President Trump just retweeted (so it's in his feed):

Yup.

The fake news media doesn't really care about children or mothers. They care about power and anything they can gin up to get it.

btw - Several days ago (or maybe longer, I don't recall), someone asked President Trump about separating families at the border. He said he hated it. He's also repeated that several times since. You won't see many fake news people refer to that. Ever.

Michael

Indeed. The power-hungry shitbag left is already shifting the Narrative™ to Trump Keeps Children in Cages (please, pretty please, dear public, pay no attention to those images of children in cages during Obama's presidency)!

If Trump were to sign a policy which set the children free and temporarily turned them over to vetted, validated, approved guardians, the Narrative™ would be that Trump Shoved Children Onto the Streets to Fend For Themselves! If Trump were to put them up in his own hotels at his own expense, the Narrative™ would be that he Fed Them Osetra Rather Than Beluga, The Cold-Hearted Prick!

J

On 6/19/2018 at 10:09 AM, william.scherk said:

Your job, should you choose to accept it, is to perform duties of state, to never waver in support of your husband's work, to serve as a symbol of benevolent America.  Just Say No. Be Best. Eat Vegetables. Elect My Husband. Oh, what lovely flowers.

It's a tough secular-royal consort-ish job. I think Melania has the best modern approach to it, breaking expectations, retaining independence and privacy, while -- of course, it's her job -- showing up gorgeous and free to State Dinners and suchlike, and meeting Heads of State and government from foreign shores upon request or protocol. 

News from the Faye side of the moral aisle suggests that both Ivanka and Melania Trump showed shock-ugly images to the President, that at least part of his about-face on child-snatching was due to their intervention.  The President mentioned both of their opinions without getting into details.

Okay, so what?  Well, the First Lady is said to be visiting a border detention facility today.  

That will help push the issue off the Hollywood Squares-format media.  Not.  I hope she takes no questions, though, and releases no statement. The pictures will tell the story, right?

6SKV52DVN4I6RPNBDDSTUREKCQ.jpg

[Added: This is just as good as saying nothing, I suppose.]

Edited by william.scherk
Do pictures tell a story? No, but links followed do

The left is still very unhappy, but they don't seem to know what to do, or how to express their rage right now. They just got what they wanted, or claimed to want, so you'd think that they'd be celebrating, but they're still scowling and snarling. They're not quite sure of which path to take toward uniting to express their anger about something, anything. It's like there are a few options of yet-to-be determined potential approaches that they might be able to turn into a public rage-fest, but they're not all agreed on which has the best change of boiling up and becoming the latest pretend excuse to hate Trump and his supporters. I think the deal is that most of them are too stupid and politically green to see the whole chess game, and are waiting for their betters among them to point out the pitfalls, such as, oh, yeah, those pictures were from the Obama days, so maybe that's the wrong way to go.

Great entertainment!

J

Jonathan wrote: The left is still very unhappy, but they don't seem to know what to do, or how to express their rage right now. end quote

Their hate is so extreme it is beyond reason. What they hate is freedom’s rise and our President’s success. What they hate is being out of power.

They are probably wishing for another Vietnam War so they can begin organizing and violently protesting. If there is no war they will “invent one.” When November 2018 is not an electoral victory for them, they will try for a knock-out punch using violence in some form or another, including “inciting to violence.” We may have attempts on our President’s life or mass shootings. They hate freedom. They are fascist totalitarians. The right to protest does not include the right to violently protest.     

"The Left ate my homework." 

So? Lots of people got their homework eaten. You still have emotional if not alarming if not loaded language for the next chore of lurning. No giant tentacled blob of hate Left will never be able to take that away from you.

Moderator, can I switch topics? This video was trawled for upon MSK's note of the speaker's book comprising SCAD. A profoundly anti-democratic blob has committed 'state crimes' and will again with impunity. Kinda puts a shiver up one's back. Maybe it is time for a Strongman to bring them out in a great purge. 

Lawlessness should not be tolerated in the Great States.  Not from kings, not from princelings, not from peons, not from money-laundering grotesques.

Six degrees of separation from Donald Trump quiz:

-- why did Michael Cohen choose for his new defense team an ex-prosecutor from the Southern District of New York who was/is pally with the gang that remained after Preet Bharara was fired? I mean, the ex-prosecutor from the same office now investigating his thing ...

Now, me -- I think he obviously is smart enough to want to know how his thing slash not yet case or charge could possibly go ... with the frank, honest, and thorough help of someone from the inside of the State Attorney beast.

However, if one takes the video to heart, there might be a heartbeat of corruption just under the surface, invisible.  There could be state crimes concealed. 

40 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

This video was trawled for upon MSK's note of the speaker's book comprising SCAD.

William,

I get tickled by the left's reaction to Lance deHaven-Smith. He is still carrying the flame that Gore's loss of the election was due to a conspiracy. He makes a pretty convincing case of it, too. Also, he's about as academic and peer-reviewed as they come.

So the left loves him. He's one of them. That is, until later and he starts messing in their shit...

So they don't know what the hell to do with him.

If they endorse him totally, which they feel they have to, they have to allow criticism of their own power and monkeyshines. And they can never allow that. 

I love it. What I've seen and read of this guy so far agrees with my way of thinking.

As for Bush, I don't put it past him and his peeps to conspire to steal the election. They are the kinds of politicians I can't stand (endless war for profit and elitist to the core). The thing is, I don't put it past Gore, either. Nobody talks about the monkeyshines he was up to because he ultimately lost.

I like deHaven-Smith's comment that suspicion of the government and the powerful is typically American and it should be encouraged, not shut down constantly with terms like "conspiracy theorist." Terms like that don't exist to persuade or to identify. They exist to stop people from asking questions--to sit down and shut up. It's like the term racist these days.

I, for one, am at peace with my own inner conspiracy theorist.

May Alex Jones and those like him live long and prosper.

btw - This discussion should probably be continued in the Conspiracy Theory thread, seeing how it deals with conspiracy theory and all.

Michael

18 hours ago, Peter said:

Jonathan wrote: The left is still very unhappy, but they don't seem to know what to do, or how to express their rage right now. end quote

Their hate is so extreme it is beyond reason. What they hate is freedom’s rise and our President’s success. What they hate is being out of power.

They are probably wishing for another Vietnam War so they can begin organizing and violently protesting. If there is no war they will “invent one.” When November 2018 is not an electoral victory for them, they will try for a knock-out punch using violence in some form or another, including “inciting to violence.” We may have attempts on our President’s life or mass shootings. They hate freedom. They are fascist totalitarians. The right to protest does not include the right to violently protest.     

They're still working on finding the next means of venting their rage. I've noticed that NPR has been trying to float the Potential Narrative™ of evil bastard private corporations getting filthy rich off of others' misery by operating facilities which detain children whom fucking Trump has personally ripped from the arms of their parents. It's clearly not going anywhere, but they're persisting.

Eventually something will click. They'll hit on the right made-up injustice/crisis which the lefties will lose their minds over.

And did you see that Melania admitted that she doesn't care about the children? Yeah. It was written on the back of her jacket. The left has decided to interpret the statement as meaning that she doesn't care about the children, so that's what it must mean. Thanks, leftist press, for illustrating your bias, leftist activism, and fake news mentality right on cue while being transparently trolled to do exactly what everyone predicted that you'd do!

J

18 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Six degrees of separation from Donald Trump quiz:

-- why did Michael Cohen choose for his new defense team an ex-prosecutor from the Southern District of New York who was/is pally with the gang that remained after Preet Bharara was fired? I mean, the ex-prosecutor from the same office now investigating his thing ...

I heard that Cohen is going to plead guilty to being Manafort's accomplice in manslaughter! Why did they do it? Manslaughter! Did Trump order them to do the killing? I bet he did! And FIVE counts!!!! Hitler killed his political enemies too!

J

17 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Eventually something will click. They'll hit on the right made-up injustice/crisis which the lefties will lose their minds over.

Jonathan,

There's always climate change to fall back on. Maybe Stormy...

Oh... I got it...

Maybe the Russians are behind the opposition to the manmade climate change crowd... I haven't seen that spin yet. 

Michael

17 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jonathan,

There's always climate change to fall back on. Maybe Stormy...

Oh... I got it...

Maybe the Russians are behind the opposition to the manmade climate change crowd... I haven't seen that spin yet. 

Michael

Yeah, it is about time for them to shift back to climate doom.

Btw, has anyone suggested yet that the Russians' chaos/disruption/influence campaign began much earlier than anyone had thought, and that they sent Ayn Rand over here to trick us into not voting for democrats? I haven't seen it (I haven't actively looked either) but it has to be a pet theory that someone is preaching out there.

J

2 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Yeah, it is about time for them to shift back to climate doom.

Btw, has anyone suggested yet that the Russians' chaos/disruption/influence campaign began much earlier than anyone had thought, and that they sent Ayn Rand over here to trick us into not voting for democrats? I haven't seen it (I haven't actively looked either) but it has to be a pet theory that someone is preaching out there.

J

Funny but Rand infiltrated so deep way back that among  Trumps favourite books are Atlas and Fountainhead , sheesh , Evan Ivanka claims her fav is The Fountainhead . That’s a really deep infiltration 

1 hour ago, Marc said:

Funny but Rand infiltrated so deep way back that among  Trumps favourite books are Atlas and Fountainhead , sheesh , Evan Ivanka claims her fav is The Fountainhead . That’s a really deep infiltration 

I agree with you here Marc, and more than this, as a person who has been very deeply influenced by novels I've read (and I have always read at least one or two a week for as long as I can remember) - in a world where few people ever read fiction,  Atlas, I would bet, is the only novel that thousands, maybe millions of people have ever read, having been distributed to schools by ARI for so long, and passed  by word-of-mouth at the same time. It is truly an achievement.

Cripes that sentence is long ,even for me. Better stop re-reading Trollope and Thackeray.

4 hours ago, Jonathan said:

I heard that Cohen is going to plead guilty to being Manafort's accomplice in manslaughter! Why did they do it? Manslaughter! Did Trump order them to do the killing? I bet he did! And FIVE counts!!!! Hitler killed his political enemies too!

J

On a side note of Trump's Highest Class Lawyers /Advisors, Trump has often complained that he did not have Roy Cohn by his side any more.  Stephen Miller seems to be the nearest reasonable facsimile.  Do you think Trump will stay loyal to Miller now, or throw him under the bus after backtracking on the immigration policy Miller pushed?

What I don’t get is how can Trump justify tariffs on Canadian steel as well as the car manufacturers?

Oooour steel workers are all unionized and make as much or morrrre than American workers.  They also pay a crapload more taxes so how is that uncompetitive? If anything due to the steel company having to pay exorbitant prices for hydro due to years of Ontario buckfuttery jacking up the cost of electricity to 1000x what it used to be our steel industry has gone from 19 manufacturers down to like..2?

The cars assembled in Ontario are made from components that are 85% manufactured in the USA.  Again the workers are payed as much or more than their US counterparts.  They are US companies that have offices in Canada.  How is a tariff justified?  

We are supposed to be allies yet Trump is treating us like a hostile nation, the tariffs are more like sanctions that would be applied tooooo..Iran?

Im not a T2 fan by any means, in fact he is a village idiot.

17 minutes ago, Jules Troy said:

What I don’t get is how can Trump justify tariffs on Canadian steel as well as the car manufacturers?

Oooour steel workers are all unionized and make as much or morrrre than American workers.  They also pay a crapload more taxes so how is that uncompetitive? If anything due to the steel company having to pay exorbitant prices for hydro due to years of Ontario buckfuttery jacking up the cost of electricity to 1000x what it used to be our steel industry has gone from 19 manufacturers down to like..2?

The cars assembled in Ontario are made from components that are 85% manufactured in the USA.  Again the workers are payed as much or more than their US counterparts.  They are US companies that have offices in Canada.  How is a tariff justified?  

We are supposed to be allies yet Trump is treating us like a hostile nation, the tariffs are more like sanctions that would be applied tooooo..Iran?

Im not a T2 fan by any means, in fact he is a village idiot.

I think he can justify them if the dispute is actually about something else. Perhaps neither side wants the public to know what’s really going on. Maybe the US dollar is at its end and all the “trade wars” are really settlement and new system negotiations. They’d keep that from the public to prevent chaos and crash.

Trump is treating Canada like a hostile nation, agreed. It is bizarre. Like the drastic tariff threats and counter-threats going around the globe, this too requires a big explanation. All I see anywhere are inadequate or non-existent explanations.

I am left with the certainty that very big things are being successfully kept from us.

I keep an open mind by reminding myself that when I finally find the truth it will surely seem crazy at first viewing. After all, I will likely have never heard or thought of such a thing before.

10 hours ago, Jules Troy said:

How is a tariff justified?

Jules,

That is the $500,000 question when it is applied to everyone.

How is any tariff justified?

There is a very little-noticed comment President Trump constantly makes. Or better, the news mentions it then drops it like a hot pan with a metal handle that they inadvertently grabbed.

President Trump wants to eliminate ALL tariffs between friendly countries. He even joked about it with Trudeau at the opening of the G7 conference.

There it is, right there--out in the open.

People like to argue over which tariff is unfair. Or which crony insiders get the most or less money. Or which workers of which crony insiders get the most or less money.

Those the wrong issues if fairness is the standard.

The right issue is: What the hell is the government doing butting its nose into productive business between peaceful and friendly people?

So, from what I know of President Trump, eliminating ALL tariffs and subsidies is his goal and strategy. Specific tariffs along the way are merely his tactics. If he doesn't do that, people brush his idea off with a flick of the wrist (if that).

There's an old saying that with some people, you have to hurt them in order to get them to pay attention. (Trump calls this leverage. :) ) Otherwise, they keep hurting you. And they are totally fine with it. Totally oblivious and happy that way.

When you reciprocate, suddenly they ask: What the hell is wrong with you?

Most people see President Trump's tariffs as a US versus Canada thing. (Or a US versus China thing. And so on.)

It's really an attack on crony insiders on all sides, foreign and domestic.

The crony insiders own the mainstream media, thus, the media's nonstop 24/7 attacks on President Trump. Tariffs are merely one pretext for attacking. Cutting tariffs is a pretext, also. Doing nothing is another pretext for the media to attack him. Everything is a pretext. :) 

Michael

32 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jules,

That is the $500,000 question when it is applied to everyone.

How is any tariff justified?

There is a very little-noticed comment President Trump constantly makes. Or better, the news mentions it then drops it like a hot pan with a metal handle that they inadvertently grabbed.

President Trump wants to eliminate ALL tariffs between friendly countries. He even joked about it with Trudeau at the opening of the G7 conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfbt-XELCkk

People like to argue over which tariff is unfair. Or which crony insiders get the most or less money. Or which workers of which crony insiders get the most or less money.

Those the wrong issues if fairness is the standard.

The right issue is: What the hell is the government doing butting its nose into productive business between peaceful and friendly people?

So, from what I know of President Trump, eliminating ALL tariffs and subsidies is his goal and strategy. Specific tariffs along the way are merely his tactics. If he doesn't do that, people brush his idea off with a flick of the wrist (if that).

There's an old saying that with some people, you have to hurt them in order to get them to pay attention. Otherwise, they keep hurting you. And they are totally fine with it. Totally oblivious and happy that way.

When you reciprocate, suddenly they ask: What the hell is wrong with you?

Most people see President Trump's tariffs as a US versus Canada thing. (Or a US versus China thing. And so on.)

It's really an attack on crony insiders on all sides, foreign and domestic.

Michael

Very well said !!!!!! 

I see President Trump mentoring leaders like Prime Minister Trudeau ( whom I respect deeply as our PM , yet not a big fan of  of socialism ) over the next few years . Mentoring in the fine art of capitalism . Trudeau will see the truth , just his dad ( RIP , Pierre ) indoctrinated him the same way that the progressive liberals of today have been done . 

Trudeau is very intelligent and obviously exceptionally brilliant and he plays to his voters incredibly well , ie the legalization of marijuana on October 17 .

That being said , up hear at my gym , in the sauna and the steam room , the people love Trump , are disgusted by Trudeau’s policies and antics too . They are mostly huge Ford supports , and also are pissed off at our Mayor , Msyor Tory , in Toronto . 

I also do believe that after Trump Makes  America Great  again , he will make the world great again . MWGA . 

It literally saddens me to see this incredible board not recognize Trumps brilliance , and give him the props he deserves ., besides the handful or two of us who do . 

Either way , the world is getting better , daily . Trump has reunified families in NK , well started , How incredible is this ? 

This is bigger than the Berlin Wall coming down , RIP President Reagan. 

On 6/20/2018 at 4:22 PM, Marc said:

Totally agreed Ms. Carol ! 

President Trumps recent deed has started the process to reunite families across two countries with the total population of 75 million folks . 

Not Obsma, Bush , Clinton , Bush or etc tried to reunite one family . 

My President is a shining light in the world of crony politicians 

But Marc, Obama Clinton and the Bushes did not separate them in the first place! Only Trump did that.