Donald Trump

2 minutes ago, Peter said:
14 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Do you have a personal issue with mixed-race couples? Who gives a shit?

NO! Just the fact that it is hyped by the left wingers. Guys with top-nought buns. Whites with black friends. Trying to make the abnormal, normal.

What a disquieting comment, Peter. I had attempted a discussion with you on the blending of racial groups in OL's backstage area.  That went nowhere -- you did not even acknowledge the effort (which is kinda churlish). I wish you could get past your apparent prejudices or opinions formed in stone and unable to be updated, but hey.

Race "mixing" is not in my opinion abnormal -- and is becoming even more common in the world I live in. I see mixed couples every day here in my agricultural city in the Fraser Valley -- especially among the young (high school and college students).  I hope I mistook your comment about "abnormal" and that this is not really your opinion on human breeding.

Racial purity concerns are complete f*****g bullshit, IMNSHO.

Good evening. This is David Attenborough, on “Planet Earth”. We have found the missing link and its scientific name is Canadianuswilliam. At 4 foot 11, and 99 pound it seems to be closely related to the Orang and the Chimpanzee except it is nearly hairless.

From, "The Missing Link," by Ayn Rand: I am not a student of the theory of evolution and, therefore, I am neither its supporter nor its opponent. But a certain hypothesis has haunted me for years; I want to stress that it is only a hypothesis. There is an enormous breach of continuity between men and all the other living species. The difference lies in the nature of man's consciousness, in its distinctive characteristic: his conceptual faculty. It is as if, after aeons of physiological development, the evolutionary process altered its course, and the higher stages of development focused primarily on the consciousness of living species, not their bodies. But the development of a man's consciousness is volitional: no matter what the innate degree of his intelligence, he must develop it, he must learn how to use it, he must become a human being by choice. What if he does not choose to? Then he becomes a transitional phenomenon - a desperate creature that struggles frantically against his own nature, longing for the effortless "safety" of an animal's consciousness, which he cannot recapture, and rebelling against a human consciousness, which he is afraid to achieve. For years, scientists have been looking for a "missing link" between man and animals. Perhaps that missing link is the anti-conceptual mentality. end quote

I use the evidence I can glean over the net and I think some people show up on OL and pick different topics to discredit Objectivism. They may call it "stirring the pot" but I see evidence (in my suspicious but tolerant mind) of them wanting to destroy the good, heralding in another Dark Ages. I have told William before that if I attempt to cut and past something my computer goes phooey. This does not happen with anyone else. I won't go near his site, or podcasts because he exhibits the typical sociopath who will blah, blah, blah. 

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Marc, someone selling their vote might be expected to vote the opposite of what you want, because there is no way to verify what they do in the voting booth. If they are willing to thwart the honest voting system (it is verified after the voting is done) then they may snicker as they pull the opposite lever, unless they think you REALLY want them to vote democrat in which case they may vote . . . well, it is a “Seinfeld-ian duplicity possibility.”

I’ve mentioned before how on election day up until the late 1970’s, half pints of liquor were free if you would vote for a particular candidate, and back then it seemed to work. Paintings of drunkards voting the party line were commonplace going back to the founding of the United States. Buses or vans would pull up around liquor stores to taxi the tipsy voters to the polls.  

So, we will take your foreign cash but put it into ads for the candidates who matter to you, and the way to do that is to contribute to the Republican Party. Or an individual candidate. Are there restrictions on that for conservative libertarians? Look at Soros and the Clintons. Left wing cash is just fine. 

Peter

I hear you , but I only want to buy one vote , and it’s only so I can say that I voted for the Emperor .

It would be totally on the honour system , and I am sure that as I go through the motions in answering these folks that are interested , I would find someone whom I could trust !! 

On 5/21/2018 at 6:32 PM, caroljane said:

You know perfectly well he has been an MP for  10 (ten)  years, Leader of the Opposition for three, as well as PM for three.

What are you doing, auditioning for Trump Surrogate North   or for Ezra Levant's personal assistant?

Not sure who Ezra is but as for Trudeau , yeah , he was groomed due to his last name and God bless him , I am horrified as to what he has done to this country since he stopped teaching high school drama . 

He did become the nations largest drug dealer , so I mean , yeah , he took corners . Took every corner in Canada with one fell swoop . Did not even use a gun either , only legislation . 

Thats pretty dramatic 

On 5/21/2018 at 6:10 PM, caroljane said:

Marc,

I live in Canada too, and the words ring as hollow to me as a death-knell. (Peter's words, not Neil Diamond's.)

You live in Canada, but you don't seem to like it here.  If you are being held hostage,you can smuggle through your whereabouts and we will try to rescue you.

Politely, Carol

Carol , I love it here ! Best place on Earth for me , and I will always live here . 

That being said , I’m not a fan of our Premiere of Ontario or our current PM . 

Imnot really sure though why it upsets you , in all due respect . 

2 hours ago, Peter said:

I use the evidence I can glean over the net and I think some people show up on OL and pick different topics to discredit Objectivism. They may call it "stirring the pot" but I see evidence (in my suspicious but tolerant mind) of them wanting to destroy the good, heralding in another Dark Ages.

Well, if you use what evidence you can glean over the internet, I would hope you keep track, copy and paste item URLs and so on, so that you can later share the gleanings with the folks here on the front porch.

I have told William before that if I attempt to cut and past something my computer goes phooey. 

Can you be more specific?  There is apparently an issue with some ad-delivery on browsers such as Explorer and Firefox (I use Chrome and Ad Block Plus). I don't know if that is one aspect of your  phooey problem. For some time now, Peter, the majority of my front-porch posts have been click-and-go images.  That means click the image, go to the linked URL of the website. If you have tried to copy text from an image, that is one problem solved.

I'd be happy to help you with technical puzzles, although at some point I'd like to try again to show you how to copy and paste URLs from internet items you glean.

If I understand correctly,  you have altered one habit -- that of editing in Microsoft Word and then copying to the OL edit-box.  

This does not happen with anyone else.

Try it out here.  I have been enjoying my month on the front porch since Carol revisited; these texts here are not screenshotted images.

This is: 

lavaUpdate.png

I won't go near his site, or podcasts because he exhibits the typical sociopath who will blah, blah, blah. 

Before I go see if I have shrank lower than four foot nine or have grown a tropical nose ... are you actually of a mind that I exhibit behaviour of a sociopath, or was it just the first insult you found to hand?

Everybody at some point can have their ramblings tagged as 'blah blah blah,' so I don't think it's an indicator of sociopathy, me.  

One final ask:  what years did your anthropology prof Dr Laid give you the 'state of the art' -- and can you remember his first name or initial? (that would help in a literature search, to see if he published).

Peter, the most pleasant way I can put my point is, if there  is indeed evidence of what you claim, asking for it is not sociopathic behaviour; it is basic epistemology. Of all the things I love about Objectivism, the hard-nosed epistemology is on the top.

[incidentally, you will be hard-pressed to find insults as exuberant as those from a gentleman who objected to my evidence-requests regarding his claims about Thought Field Therapy]

Bonus:  five minutes of free thought field therapy session for you, if you can identify which of these five Popularos is me (yes, Peter, I may have hidden something 'mix-ish' about my earlier years) ...

Sudden death round:

Spoiler

tropicalNose.png

Edited by william.scherk
Added click-and-go Nose article picture-link; link to a wet spot in "Five Minute Phobia Cure"

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

[incidentally, you will be hard-pressed to find insults as exuberant as those from a gentleman who objected to my evidence-requests regarding his claims about Thought Field Therapy]

Reveal hidden contents

That's a fun old thread.  But reading it again I'm a bit embarrassed to find on page 3 that I wrote "recidivus" when I certainly meant "redivivus". 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This is the Trump thread, right?

:) 

Michael

That's what it says at the top of the page.  Your point? 

It's not like this thread has devolved into a medley of cat videos.  Yet.

On 5/30/2018 at 12:55 PM, Marc said:
On 5/21/2018 at 3:32 PM, caroljane said:

You know perfectly well he [Justin Trudeau] has been an MP for  10 (ten)  years, Leader of the Opposition for three, as well as PM for three.

What are you doing, auditioning for Trump Surrogate North   or for Ezra Levant's personal assistant?

Not sure who Ezra is but as for Trudeau , yeah , he was groomed due to his last name and God bless him [..]

Crazy Commie Yglesias.

One odd note is that the Trump Administration relaxed or postponed sanctions and other penalties against the Russian alumina giant Rusal and its oligarch chief Deripaska** -- and yet threw tariffs on Canada, Mexico, and the EU.

The thing is, the EU and Canada all have announced or will shortly that equally-expensive countervailing duties will be applied to USA goods. It's a classic tit for tat. Cui bono?

_________

** yes, that Deripaska.

Spoiler

Edited by william.scherk
Added link to Daniel Dale tweet containing further link to likely list of Canadian retaliation. Hilarity ensued.

Thanks to Michael and Mark for their recent posts. I solved the problem (technical and irritation-al) by putting William on my do not call list.

I am not a fan of calling El Presidente “The Emperor,” either J It reminds me of a system where there are no checks and balances and an emperor will be in power for a lifetime.  

Tracinski recently wrote: . . . . The price we pay for Trumpism might be the same price we just paid for "Roseanne": the consequence of putting the fate of a worthy cause in the hands of an unworthy standard-bearer. Anyone who really knew Roseanne Barr must have been waiting this whole time for the other shoe to drop, for her batty views and erratic personality to blow everything up. Those of us who remember who Donald Trump is are haunted by the same kind of dread. end quote  

Except President Trump’s views are not batty, and his behavior is consistently honest. I had that dreadful feeling for about a month, so I know where Robert is coming from. But I do not dread the President now.

Instead, I laugh and laugh. All the time. His skill set is inspiring. Just examine those recent pardons. What surprised me was who he selected to be the recipients, not the acts of pardoning. He is not going to pardon Jack The Ripper, though he might pardon Dakota Fanning for looking too young to be playing a investigative reporter on “The Alienist.”

“Roseanne” may be coming back on Netflix. I wonder if any of the cast members will bow out of that opportunity? I have always liked Sara Gilbert. Listen to her calling Sheldon Cooper on “The Big Bang Theory, “dumb ass!” I hope she won’t be a dumb ass. I can’t see John Goodman saying no. Perhaps ABC’s loss of revenue and viewers will have an effect.  Peter

I am sad that Peter put me on his Ignore list, but I intend to still do him a service from time to time. For those who wondered what else Tracinski had to say besides the copy-paste-with-no-clickable-link-or-URL, one of my click-and-go screen-captures:

tracinskiRoseanneTrump.png

Has a prevailing opinion about the Trump Tariffs formed yet? I'd like to hear Marc's views on the Trudeau-Trump misunderstanding, and the future of NAFTA.

Peter would not I think trifle with matters of trade between our nations, so he hasn't missed anything. Still:

Spoiler

[COMIC SANS IS PERFECT for Copy-Pasta}

‘So much for Trump as genius’: Conservative WSJ editorial drops the hammer on president’s trade blunders

he conservative Wall Street Journal’s editorial page on Friday published a scathing editorial attacking President Donald Trump’s decision to slap key American allies with hefty tariffs on steel and aluminum.

“So much for Donald Trump as genius deal-maker,” the editorial begins. “We are supposed to believe his tariff threats are a clever negotiation strategy, but on Thursday he revealed he’s merely an old-fashioned protectionist.”

The editorial goes on to slam the president for hitting Canada, the European Union and Mexico with tariffs, as those countries are now announcing retaliatory tariffs of their own.

And in what might be a first for the Journal’s editorial page, the editors find themselves far more sympathetic toward a Liberal Canadian prime minister than toward a Republican American president.

“Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Thursday that he recently offered to visit the White House to close a Nafta deal,” the editors write. “But Vice President Mike Pence told him he’d have to accept a five-year Nafta sunset. Mr. Trudeau rightly said no Canadian leader would agree to such a self-defeating provision.”

The editorial closes by warning Trump that starting a trade war with key allies could very well undermine the strength of the economy that he has frequently touted as a benefit of his presidency.

“Mr. Trump has been establishing a solid economic record with tax cuts and deregulation, but his escalating trade war puts that at risk,” they write. “He aspires to be Ronald Reagan but his tariff folly echoes of Herbert Hoover.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/much-trump-genius-conservative-wsj-editorial-drops-hammer-presidents-trade-blunders/

‘He Pretty Much Gave In to Whatever They Asked For’
Trump says he’s a master negotiator. Those who’ve actually dealt with him beg to differ.

By MICHAEL KRUSE June 01, 2018

Read the whole piece about Trump’s deal-making blunders at this link.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/06/01/donald-trump-deals-negotiation-art-of-deal-218584

Lying, and not just about crimes, should have consequences. Perhaps shows like “60 Minutes” should do stories about “fake news.” People can protest by voting with their feet, sending letters to the editors of newspapers and magazines, unsubscribing, boycotting, emailing and tweeting, and picketing. Are there other ways of protesting the propaganda? President Trump continually exposes them and it doesn’t thwart them. Peter

Step One to Stop False Accusations: Exposure by Michelle Malkin in Townhall Posted: May 31, 2018 12:01: An Incontrovertible fact: People lie. They fudge little things, like their height or weight. They exaggerate their athletic prowess or professional accomplishments. They deceive family, friends, lovers, voters, government officials, business partners and themselves. They lie about murder, theft, kidnapping, rape and discrimination. They lie for attention, deflection, power and profit. Often, the reasons for manufacturing devastating fables are indiscernible or unfathomable. But this much is clear: If there are no consequences for lying about crime, false accusations will continue to ruin the lives of innocents -- poor and rich, black and white, liberal and conservative, civilian and cop. end quote

Go team Trump! What an interesting view on local talk radio. The caller calls Kim Jun Un, “Dung”. North Korea has nothing, and Dung knows that communist crap . . .  is crap. What if North Korea had not been so well armed? Would they have been overthrown? The caller hopes there will be a sit down, unrecorded, one on one time, with each having their own interpreters.

The moderator, Duke Brooks is saying the normal parameters of diplomacy could never get this summit. Obama made sure the Norks and Iran got their nukes, while proclaiming they were seeking the opposite.

It would be nice for Korean families to be united and for everyone not worrying about war and living in slavery. What would you do if Dung was without an army? Isn’t he a war criminal? 

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Tracinski recently wrote: . . . . The price we pay for Trumpism might be the same price we just paid for "Roseanne": the consequence of putting the fate of a worthy cause in the hands of an unworthy standard-bearer. Anyone who really knew Roseanne Barr must have been waiting this whole time for the other shoe to drop, for her batty views and erratic personality to blow everything up. Those of us who remember who Donald Trump is are haunted by the same kind of dread. end quote  

Rem acu tetigisti

17 hours ago, Peter said:

"Remember that ... both Barr and her character are Trump supporters". A bit of conflation and association, I think. Are Objectivists, including a classy thinker like Tracinski, losing their sense of proportion and perspective, along with everyone? 

(If you can keep your head / when all about you/ are losing theirs...)

"The price we pay...might be the same price we just paid for Roseanne ... haunted by the same kind of dread".  

You mean, the price we'll pay when President Trump's 'show' gets canceled, too?

The Trump show will get cancelled after season two which ends is 2024 . I have a very strong feeling that there will be a spin  off on that , either the Ivanka show or maybe simply The Emperor , which probably will get two seasons as well . That takes us to 2032 but by that point with the swamp being drained ,  who knows how we could forecast more than 14 years out . 

3 hours ago, Marc said:

The Trump show will get cancelled after season two which ends is 2024 . I have a very strong feeling that there will be a spin  off on that , either the Ivanka show or maybe simply The Emperor , which probably will get two seasons as well . That takes us to 2032 but by that point with the swamp being drained ,  who knows how we could forecast more than 14 years out . 

Go back and reread the original, short post on this thread from Robin. Interesting. I don't know if the Veep will run after Trump. Or if two Trump terms will start a movement. Might start a movie-ment though. Who will play Donald Trump?  

Will do , how can I find it please ? 

So , either Kanye West , Clint Eastwood or MSK should play Trump in the movie . 

I can’t see VP Pence winning the nomination against Ivanka . 

The movement or the movie ment has already started , although I call it an insurgency , or a revolution , maybe a counter revolution as a recent poster posted . 

I call it the Matrix , Trunp just red pilled the United States ! 

On 6/1/2018 at 2:39 PM, william.scherk said:

I am sad that Peter put me on his Ignore list, but I intend to still do him a service from time to time. For those who wondered what else Tracinski had to say besides the copy-paste-with-no-clickable-link-or-URL, one of my click-and-go screen-captures:

tracinskiRoseanneTrump.png

Has a prevailing opinion about the Trump Tariffs formed yet? I'd like to hear Marc's views on the Trudeau-Trump misunderstanding, and the future of NAFTA.

Peter would not I think trifle with matters of trade between our nations, so he hasn't missed anything. Still:

Reveal hidden contents

My views , my good friend and fellow Canadian are that whatever Presidebt Trunp says is good for Canada is good for Canada . I would love my President , President Trunp to teach our beloved Prime Minister a way , the way . If he did , I would consider to vote Trudeau next time around . I think that our PM is a great guy , just growing up with his dad ( God bless PET ) and hearing  all that socialism blah blah communism in the house all day made our PM who he is . 

Maybe Trump can bring him along , I mean Trunp is Galt and Trudeau just does not get it yet . 

I still love our PM and also the PM of my childhood , I’m always proud to be a Canadian ! 

Premiere Wynne btw conceded the Provincial election today , and the election ain’t for five days ?????? 

Down south , Clinton at least waited till Trunp passed the 270 mark .

Premiere Ford , and his majority government just got one step closer . 

They call him Trump North 

Was “Presidebt” a misspelling or a satiric comment? Marc wrote: They call him Trump North. end quote

Canada is occasionally inspired by us, or at least happy for us. And I am proud of most Canadians. Unlike Russia’s neighbors, Ye need not fear this “Power.’ We will never be invading. We can count on each other because we are the good guys. Want some nukes? Joke.   

What is to come in the short term? Will our President need to take the super highway: The Route 66 “Executive Order” road, in 2018 thru 2020, instead of going thru the legislature?

The 2018 race for The House from Real Clear Politics as of June third. Currently The House is: GOP 206. Dem 195. Five seats could be lost to the Republican column and it would still be GOP 201, Dem 200. Which is still a majority. However 34 seats are in the “Toss Up” column.

Talk is cheap but the Leftist commentators on Sunday’s shows are optimistic about becoming obstructionists. I can hear them Johnny Reb’s (Pelosi is Johnny Reba) whistling the confederate anthem, “The Stars and Bars,” and her personalized favorite, “Johnny Yuma Was a Rebel.”

Johnny Reba was a rebel, She roamed, through the west. And Johnny Reba, was a rebel,
She wandered alone. She got fightin' mad, This rebel lass, She packed her star as she wandered far, where the only law was a hook and a draw, the rebel. (Away, away, away rode the rebel.)

She searched the land,This restless lass, She was panther quick and leather tough, Cause she figured she'd been pushed enough, the rebel. She was fightin' mad, This rebel lass, With a dream she would hold until her dying breath. She would search her soul and gamble with death. Away, away, away rode the rebel, Johnny Reba. 

13 hours ago, Marc said:

My views , my good friend and fellow Canadian are that whatever Presidebt Trunp says is good for Canada is good for Canada .

This is a worshipful attitude.

13 hours ago, Marc said:

I would love my President , President Trunp to teach our beloved Prime Minister a way , the way .

About NAFTA?  This doesn't really work with my question's details. 

13 hours ago, Marc said:

Premiere Wynne btw conceded the Provincial election today , and the election ain’t for five days ??????

Wynne is able to read the polls, which show the Liberals have zero chance of forming a government. Ordinarily, a sitting premier would pretend to the bitter end that there was a chance. I think Wynne has some gumption.  By her statements, she wants to deny a majority to either the Progressive Conservatives or the New Democratic Party. 

Who knows?  The polling averages can only provide snap-shot indicators of the riding-by-riding expectations. In three-way races, each riding has its own characteristics, such that even if polling indicates, say, a NDP minority, the way ridings are structured, the NDP might 'split' the left-centre vote and deliver particular ridings to Ford's party ...

For those willing to go down that road, sampling public opinion, there are two polling round-ups, an interactive via the CBC, and one from Strategy corp.

I will make a confident and probably wrong prediction that the election will be a squeaker. There seems to be a bit of volatility in these final days ...

polltrackerStrategyCorpJune3.png

13 hours ago, Marc said:

Down south , Clinton at least waited till Trunp passed the 270 mark .

Clinton hauled in more votes, but lost the electoral college. It's hard to make a direct comparison with our straightforward Westminster system.

Speaking of conceding in the face of overwhelming evidence (Wynne's dilemma solved), would you feel any cognitive dissonance if you accepted that Mr Trump is not popular in Canada?

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

This is a worshipful attitude.

About NAFTA?  This doesn't really work with my question's details. 

Wynne is able to read the polls, which show the Liberals have zero chance of forming a government. Ordinarily, a sitting premier would pretend to the bitter end that there was a chance. I think Wynne has some gumption.  By her statements, she wants to deny a majority to either the Progressive Conservatives or the New Democratic Party. 

Who knows?  The polling averages can only provide snap-shot indicators of the riding-by-riding expectations. In three-way races, each riding has its own characteristics, such that even if polling indicates, say, a NDP minority, the way ridings are structured, the NDP might 'split' the left-centre vote and deliver particular ridings to Ford's party ...

For those willing to go down that road, sampling public opinion, there are two polling round-ups, an interactive via the CBC, and one from Strategy corp.

I will make a confident and probably wrong prediction that the election will be a squeaker. There seems to be a bit of volatility in these final days ...

polltrackerStrategyCorpJune3.png

Clinton hauled in more votes, but lost the electoral college. It's hard to make a direct comparison with our straightforward Westminster system.

Speaking of conceding in the face of overwhelming evidence (Wynne's dilemma solved), would you feel any cognitive dissonance if you accepted that Mr Trump is not popular in Canada?

Just got my voting card today.  This riding has been NDP forever (it was Bob Rae's federal constituency)  but who can tell?  My son will be voting for the first time (at age 32!) and prodding his bride to vote, as Ford alarms him mightily.  That's my boy!

*Note to MSK -- could you spin off these Canadian issues  here onto Canadian Boring,  or the Real Fake News about the election?  I was only away a couple of weeks and I am already getting lost. Please and thank you,C.