Magnus Carlsen Blind & Timed Chess Simul

jts

What ratings do the three challengers have? If I were one of the three I would make a play that is not standard. Like a card counter, the champ may have perfect memory but he may also be using a system. I notice he repositions his hands a lot. Card counters in Vegas use their feet to keep track of the cards played.   

• 3 months later...

Background. I like to play computer Scrabble, the one endorsed by the National Scrabble Assoc. The music on another variety is nice (Scrabble Complete?) but I like the playing field on this one. I have wondered about other variations such as 3-D Chess or if you could make two words on the same play in two different spots, what would that be like? I can see that the games might be shorter and at least the winner’s score higher. Different strategies would need to be developed. I remember that as a kid I once kept the blank tiles from an old game and added them to the new. That was actually a better game to me. As an adult I once added old Z’s X’s and Q’s, and then more vowels. The board got clogged and no new moves were available very quickly. I needed to go through the letter bag and get rid of the extra letters. Peter   

3D Chess. Movement of pieces is similar to that of traditional chess. The main difference is that, in the course of a move, pieces may move up or down any number of levels. According to the Star Fleet Technical Manual, the starting positions of King and Queen pieces are on their own respective attack boards with their own set of Rooks and Pawns. Knights, Bishops, and the remaining Pawns occupy the first two ranks of each color's fixed boards. . . .  What are the rules of 3D chess? RULES OF 3D CHESS. If a pawn reaches the rank furthest at the opponent side, it is promoted to Queen, Rook, Knight or Bishop. It cannot become a King or a pawn. The player has no legal move to do while his king is not in check. This is stalemate and the game is drawn. - Players agree on the draw during the game.

I am still playing at the "Smart" level of computer chess. After all these years, if I go up one level, the game is less fun. I do memorize new words played by Smart, and if I am playing for vocabulary building I will play the Genius level but I always lose.