Thank God for Brian Williams!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brant,

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

FF is trying to tie one situation to the other simply because they both involve the same news outfit and both involve the public. But as far as the public is concerned, these issues are as separate as night and day.

He might as well be bitching at people who use maple wood for furniture for being pissed that some maple syrup was rotten. They are customers. True. And wood and syrup come from maple trees. Also true. But that's as far as it goes.

You can't fix a problem unless you identify it correctly, institute a plan, then motivate people to join you.

Or one can point the finger and bitch in impotence and call the maple syrup complainers hypocrites because they use the maple wood for furniture.

I guess that feels good or something...

:)

Yessiree... we is changin' the world one bitchin' at a time.

In fact:

c02421cdab645de21ed72a203a003b11.jpg

:)

Michael

Problem 1: Brian Williams has propagandized on the air about himself on assignment.

Problem 2: Brian Williams has propagandized on the air about the government.

Two different problems in need of two separate solutions.

Solution to Problem 1: Fire his butt.

Solution to Problem 2: Fire his butt.

How to implement Solution to Problem 1: contact NBC here: http://www.nbc.com/contact/general

How to implement Solution to Problem 2: contact NBC here: http://www.nbc.com/contact/general

I've sent my email.

Now it's someone's turn to post another Photoshop of Williams or to complain about my "impotent bitching."

It is the syrupy smugness of his de facto lifestyle versus the "moral masturbation" lifestyle he purports to desire.

Brian-Williams-house-New-Canaan-CT.jpg

http://www.celebritydetective.com/Celebrity_Homes_Brian-Williams-house-New-Canaan-CT.html

Lots of folks have come forward and supported the man. Apparently, he, even though he grew up in NJ, is a gentleman. He is also known for engaging in numerous charities and does "good works."

This, however, makes this video somewhat more hilarious now.

You think this would have cautioned him about repeating lies that can be clearly identified.

You just have to be amused by how much self deception we can convince ourselves of.

A...

Michael finally got it right!

Brant,

I always had it right.

Lie and lie.

Not "not lie" and lie.

Everybody seems to think "not lie" and lie is the deal, but that's a lie.

Lie and lie is the truth.

:smile:

Michael

I stand corrected!

Michael lays down with the truth by laying down the truth!

Does it hurt?

--Brant

Speaking of sharks circling the bloody waters...

Maureen Dowd is attacking...

But the caustic media big shots who once roamed the land were gone, and “there was no one around to pull his chain when he got too over-the-top,” as one NBC News reporter put it.

It seemed pathological because Williams already had the premier job, so why engage in résumé inflation? And you don’t get those jobs because of your derring-do.

A very solid question which I have asked myself about these type of folks.

Williams told friends last week that he felt anguished, coming under fire for his false story of coming under fire.

Although the NBC anchor had repeated the Iraq war tall tale, ever more baroquely, for more than a decade, when he cited it on his Jan. 30 broadcast during a segment about going to a Rangers game with a retired, decorated soldier who had been on the ground that day when he landed, Williams got smacked down on Facebook.

I am not buying his "anguish,"

Next this wonderful left wing liberal, who writes so well, explains that even though the Executives at NBC were warned over a year ago that Brian Williams was

Social media — the genre that helped make the TV evening news irrelevant by showing us that we don’t need someone to tell us every night what happened that day — was gutting the institution further.

Apparently, Williams was busted on Face Book:

A crew member from a Chinook flying ahead of Williams, who was involved in the 2003 firefight, posted, “Sorry dude, I don’t remember you being on my aircraft. I do remember you walking up about an hour after we had landed to ask me what had happened.” Stars and Stripes ran with it, and, by Saturday, Williams announced that he was stepping down for several days.

Her poison pen draws William's last drop of blood as she concludes that:

With no pushback from the brass at NBC, Williams has spent years fervently “courting celebrity,” as The Hollywood Reporter put it, guest starring on “30 Rock,” slow-jamming the news with Jimmy Fallon and regaling David Letterman with his faux heroics: “Two of our four helicopters were hit by ground fire, including the one I was in, RPG and AK-47.”

As his profession shrinks and softens, Williams felt compelled to try to steal the kind of glory that can only be earned the hard way.

Nice job Maureen...pen-2-smiley-emoticon-emoji.gif

bleeding-eyes-smiley-emoticon.png

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/08/opinion/sunday/maureen-dowd-anchors-aweigh.html?rref=collection/column/maureen-dowd&module=Ribbon&version=origin&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Maureen%20Dowd&pgtype=article

A...

"Who is Brian Williams?"

I thought I heard he was a reporter for NBC? But I haven't watched any NBC or CBS since 1993, so he and any others there are non-entities. Fox was gone for me by 1999. ABC and PBS were gone a couple of years ago.

Gave up on cable & satellite in 1986, so none of that. Just a few straggly little local stations that broadcast community events and "Know Your Local Sexual Predators" ... interspersed with pictures of the Sheriff (HA!).

Most of my news sources were foreign starting in the late 1990's ... but that was only until September of ... what ... 2010? 2011? ... when all my international internet requests started getting routed to a page that stated, "Welcome to the United States Library of Congress. Your request has been blocked pending further investigation." Until I forgot what the links were that I had been using.

Now all I get is RT America. (Russia Today). The liberal editorial bent is not exactly my cup of tea, but it does have Ben Swann and Larry King, as well as some interesting lesser lights.

"Who is Brian Williams?"

"Who cares?"

"Who is Brian Williams?"

"Who cares?"

The execs and the staff that are employed because he can lie with the right "facial physiognomy."

His deceit is directly connected to their dollar.

A...

Well well...Jon Sterwart nee Liebowitz...is leaving the Daily Show.

They tried to buy him to do Meet The Press, or, as Mark Levin calls it, "Meet the Depressed."

Now, sniff sniff - a transformation of the evening Newspeak as we transition from Brian whatever his name was...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/11/arts/television/jon-stewart-leaving-daily-show.html?emc=edit_na_20150210&nlid=53564225&_r=0&module=ArrowsNav&contentCollection=Television&action=keypress&region=FixedLeft&pgtype=article

Steve,

You don't think of him?

B... b... b... b... b...but you asked.

In order to ask, one must think.

:smile:

Michael

Bingo.

Ohh NBC picks the Goldilocks solution...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/11/business/media/brian-williams-suspended-by-nbc-news-for-six-months.html?emc=edit_na_20150210&nlid=53564225&_r=0

Bad boy Brian...now you get a six-month time out. No pay either. When will the litigation start?

mugshot-smiley-emoticon.gifprisoner-smiley-emoticon.gif

A...