'Star Trek Continues' (2013)

zantonavitch

An amazingly good "fan fiction" recreation of the original Star Trek t'v' series from the 1960s. High-quality from beginning to end. It features the actual son of Mr. Scott (James Doohan) reprising his dad's role, as well as the original villain from half a century ago (and more): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G-ziTBAkbQ.

Thanks for that, Kyrel.

Shame on me. I'm a ST fan (most of the episodes I found enjoyable) and didn't even know about this production. Several episodes are already done & available for viewing.

Saw the first few minutes...it does look really well done. Looking forward to watching all the episodes.

I enjoyed the characters Janeway, Picard, Spock, 7 of 9, Data, Quark, Worf, et al. Only the original series is being aired on my cable t.v. connection. So the solution, for me, is to order a 30' USB cable to make the connection between my desktop computer (Youtube, Hulu, Vimeo, etc.) to the big t.v. screen in another room. Gotta love technology.

-Joe

• 5 years later...
On 12/30/2014 at 1:52 PM, zantonavitch said:

An amazingly good "fan fiction" recreation of the original Star Trek t'v' series from the 1960s. High-quality from beginning to end. It features the actual son of Mr. Scott (James Doohan) reprising his dad's role, as well as the original villain from half a century ago (and more): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G-ziTBAkbQ.

Fans of "Star Trek The Next Generation." The script has stalled. We need your input. Please rewrite the following.  

Star Trek Special Victims Unit.  A series that examines the deep cultural harm done to planets that were impacted when the Enterprise did not follow the Prime Directive. Then the lives of individual victims will be dramatized. The series will begin with the court martial, trial and conviction of Captain Picard, by Q. Picard is exiled to the planet Monotony, Commander Riker to a planet without women, Worf is exiled and bolted to a wheel chair in to a liberal snow flake community in San Francisco, Deanna Troi is sent to a mental colony where she shares a room with her mother Lwaxana Troi, Doctor Beverly Crusher . . . , Wesley Crusher . . . , Geordi La Forge . . . ,  Engineer Miles O’Brien . . . , Data . . . .     

• 1 year later...

It’s after midnight here and I started watching “Star Trek IV” in the middle of the broadcast. It is very goooood.

The most acclaimed Star Trek adventure of all time with an important message. It is the 23rd century, and a mysterious alien probe is threatening Earth by evaporating the oceans and destroying the atmosphere. In their frantic attempt to save mankind, Admiral Kirk and his crew must time travel back to 1986 San Francisco where they find a world of punk, pizza and exact-change buses that are as alien to them as anything they have ever encountered in the far-off reaches of the galaxy. William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy return as Kirk and Spock, along with the entire Star Trek crew.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2014 at 1:52 PM, zantonavitch said:

An amazingly good "fan fiction" recreation of the original Star Trek t'v' series from the 1960s. High-quality from beginning to end. It features the actual son of Mr. Scott (James Doohan) reprising his dad's role, as well as the original villain from half a century ago

A century after Star Trek’s Captain Kirk and The Enterprise,  Captain Jonathan Archer on “Star Trek Enterprise” has a beagle in his quarters as a pet. At first I thought that was “quirky.” But now . . .   I think it makes historical, psychological, and biological sense. If you are alone, with no wife on a lonely Starship, do you watch videos or holograms? Or hit on a subordinate crew member? Might you have a pet instead? A pet is plausible going back to caveman times for companionship. I would go for a cat on the Enterprise. But those more high maintenance dogs are OK too. Nah. I would have a cat.  

• 11 months later...

Nichelle Nichols, 'Star Trek' icon who played Lieutenant Uhura, dies at 89. The news was showing the first black and white kiss on TV, and it was of course Nichelle, and Captain Kirk, played by William Shatner "who is still around.' Lieutenant Nyota Uhura? So long babe.