Pets And Their Psychological Value - Rescuing Sprite: A Diog Lover's Story Of Joy And Anguish

Selene

Some of us have lost pets, particularly dogs recently.

I would assume that all of us are psychologically affected by our relationships with our pets.

I have made no secret of my admiration for Mark Levin's ideas.

I have an equal amount of admiration and respect for his love and action concerning the adoption of dogs and his physical and financial support for no-kill shelters.

Aditionally, he appears at the Bark-in-thePark events that I have attended in Bergen County where he has the support of an excellent County Executive Catherine Sullivan.

As Mark stated in introduction of Rescuing Sprite:

Sprite touched me in ways I could never have expected. He taught me to better appreciate the simple and more important things in life. He quickly became an irreplaceable member of our family and a fixture in the neighborhood. Even with all his setbacks, Sprite was full of life. He appreciated life. He cherished every moment, seeming to understand that his time left on earth would be too brief.

He concludes the introduction, by explaining:

I loved this dog. Writing this book was both painful and cathartic for me. Reading it may be emotional for you. I hope it brings you some smiles. I know it will bring you some tears. I hope, when you're done, that you are moved to hold your dog a little closer in your arns ---or in your memories.

http://sprite.marklevinshow.com/2009/11/cassie-4/

A...

Princess, Nellie, Ragnar and many many others - thanks for all the love...

Freckles, Scochie, ghost, Flakey Jake, Fluffy Butt, Mush (Musashi), Muddy, Big Guy, Bandit, Smokey, Peaches, Shadow.

Freckles, a white and brown mutt, we were buds when I was 9 yo. The rest cats. The last three are still living. I particularly miss Big Guy (17.5 years) and Bandit (only 3 years until she got run over). Lost Big Guy in 2004, March 13. Still think of him often. Bandit was really hard too, I came home from work and Karen was sitting on the back patio holding her crying. I knew something was wrong when I first came in the front door. I knew what happened as soon as I laid eyes on Karen. I walked by her to the shed and got a shovel and made another hole near the bottle brush tree in our back yard right next to Big Guy. We wrapped her in a towel and laid her gently in the bottom of the hole and filled it up. It was dark by then. Karen still cries after more than a year. The little buggers really get to you. Total innocents, independent but full of love in return if you treat them with love and respect. Worthy of best friends. Shadow is the feral tom cat. Still hisses when I feed him, but sometimes just sits and stares at me like he can't figure me out. Tried feeding him some heavy cream this morning. He really likes it! He likes tuna too. He'll come around, it's only been two years ...

Freckles, Scochie, ghost, Flakey Jake, Fluffy Butt, Mush (Musashi), Muddy, Big Guy, Bandit, Smokey, Peaches, Shadow.

Freckles, a white and brown mutt, we were buds when I was 9 yo. The rest cats. The last three are still living. I particularly miss Big Guy (17.5 years) and Bandit (only 3 years until she got run over). Lost Big Guy in 2004, March 13. Still think of him often. Bandit was really hard too, I came home from work and Karen was sitting on the back patio holding her crying. I knew something was wrong when I first came in the front door. I knew what happened as soon as I laid eyes on Karen. I walked by her to the shed and got a shovel and made another hole near the bottle brush tree in our back yard right next to Big Guy. We wrapped her in a towel and laid her gently in the bottom of the hole and filled it up. It was dark by then. Karen still cries after more than a year. The little buggers really get to you. Total innocents, independent but full of love in return if you treat them with love and respect. Worthy of best friends. Shadow is the feral tom cat. Still hisses when I feed him, but sometimes just sits and stares at me like he can't figure me out. Tried feeding him some heavy cream this morning. He really likes it! He likes tuna too. He'll come around, it's only been two years ...

I really love feral cats also.

There is a cautious intelligence that is riveting.

A...