when nietzsche wept

At the risk of sounding trite, the book (by Irvin Yalom) was FAR better:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0062009303/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

There are surely challenges in bringing a book full of intellectual dialogue to the screen (we're talking therapy sessions between a shrink and his patient) and this film shows it. The film is very light and schmaltzy.

If you are a man who has ever suffered from a deep and obsessive love affair, the book is a must read.

The author's understanding of Nietzsche's thought is only fair to middling though. But good enough to make the story enjoyable for the philosophically minded.

Serapis made me watch this movie. I hated it. All I remember off-hand is that the woman playing Lou Salome had a fake sounding accent.

Serapis made me watch this movie. I hated it. All I remember off-hand is that the woman playing Lou Salome had a fake sounding accent.

Ah! You are a victim!

Do you feel depressed yet or is it pure anger?

--Brant

the Devil made me do it!

6.1 on imdb.com means the movie is essentially trash. I'm not a snob about many things, but I am a movie snob, and I won't watch anything below 6.7.

Not a fan of the Atlas Shrugged movie, I take it? (5.5)

It's going to be fun watching you guys duke it out.

--Brant

Ah! You are a victim!

Do you feel depressed yet or is it pure anger?

--Brant

the Devil made me do it!

I don't think you realize what it's like when Serapis has a movie he thinks you simply must watch: