New York Rangers New Goalie Cat...

Selene

What is that black object upper left in the photo?

I assume it is the coat at 1:19.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you get me the number of the kit's agent?

- Jay Feaster

thought you would like that one!

A...

Can you get me the number of the kit's agent?

- Jay Feaster

thought you would like that one!

A...

Acourse! Cats plus goalkeeping - an ultimate pleasure not even guilty!

Goalies are weird. They have to be, of course-- James Reimer is doing OK with the Leafs but he bothers me because he seems so entirely normal. Still, so did Ken Dryden, and he turned out pretty well. But he was an exception.

Jacques Plante was so weird he pioneered the face mask and didn't even seem to mind being called a girly-man in both official languages with many colourful variations/

Ilya Bryzgalov likes to contemplate the stars and think about the universe, not the stars on the opposing team either, somewhat of a worry to his coach.

Goalies are the bane of kid soccer coaches. The two most enduring memories of my husband's utterances on the pitch are "Come ON, Referee!" and "Patrick, for godsakes, GET OFF YOUR LINE!" Patrick became an actor and is having some success in commercials and presumably cannot ad lib much now.

There was also a twin, whose father insisted the boys be on the same team (you can't blame him considering the logistics). Trouble was the twins liked to switch jerseys for fun, and the other twin was wretched in goal and had a short attention span and used to use the net as a climbing frame when the action was slow.

One kid was made so nervous by his father coaching him from behind the net that Eddie had to take him out. He wanted to take the father out too, as you can imagine.

His solution when desperate was to put his own son in goal, where he was highly competent but did not want to be, he was a midfielder. And too normal.