man vs lion

jts

Very nice Jerry - I enjoyed the kinesics and the dances within the zones of comfort that ebbed and flowed.

I can't help but wonder if rather than just coming upon a random pride of lions, that actually they made sure that this particular pride had just had feasted on a zebra and were full!

In this unique situation I think it is important not to show your own teeth.

One has to have some admiration for the courage of this guy who seemed to be fearless. There were a couple of times when the lion did approach him which prompted him to raise a hand which spooked the beast away surprisingly. Did our hero also feel a moment of terror?

Even knowing the outcome I am still awestruck watching this a second time.

• 3 weeks later...

I have come to number myself among the gullible which is saying something for a person who prides himself on a healthy degree of skepticism about so many things in life.

I came to be an atheist all by myself although I was never subjected to the kind of indoctrination which abounds in various religions of the world.

My heroes in history were men who stood up to the authorities of their day. Giordano Bruno comes to mind and Galileo.

But when I asked my wife to watch this video she quickly concluded that this was photoshopped and that I was foolish for falling for it.

I am not an expert at being able to tell the difference and wish someone who has some knowledge in this area would tell me what evidence there is of whatever happens to be the truth of this matter.

G.

I have come to number myself among the gullible which is saying something for a person who prides himself on a healthy degree of skepticism about so many things in life.

I came to be an atheist all by myself although I was never subjected to the kind of indoctrination which abounds in various religions of the world.

My heroes in history were men who stood up to the authorities of their day. Giordano Bruno comes to mind and Galileo.

But when I asked my wife to watch this video she quickly concluded that this was photoshopped and that I was foolish for falling for it.

I am not an expert at being able to tell the difference and wish someone who has some knowledge in this area would tell me what evidence there is of whatever happens to be the truth of this matter.

G.

You definitely do not want to end up like Bruno. His mouth was spiked shut and we was thoroughly toasted.

Better of deftly dodging so one can live to fight another day. The idea is not to die for your ideals. Rather it is to make the other son of a bitch die because of his ideals (thank you George Patton).

Ba'al Chatzaf