A New Architecture, Couture,

MrBenjamatic

Hey Philip,

After looking at these higher-resolution scans that you've posted, and getting a better look at the forms that you're dealing with, you might want to consider skipping the clay stage of the sculpting process, as well as the molding and casting, and just go straight to foam. Depending on the type of foam product used, you might be able to find a way to pump it through a tube and sculpt with it directly in the same way that one might with, say, shaving cream or Reddi-wip, or whatever. Maybe squeeze foam through cake decorator's utensils or something. Just a thought.

J

The only foam I will use is made by Dynamic Systems. Its the best memory foam and the company was founded by the great creator of memory foam, Charles Yost, (who created it for the first time and made better versions himself since). The foam mixz is liquid and contains dangerous chemicals which have to be handled carefully. It cannot be sculpted; it can only be poured which is why my process requires molding. Thank you for your help. You said you can better see what my work will look like off paper. I wonder how much you understand what it will look like.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic