A New Architecture, Couture,

MrBenjamatic

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's haute couture; it is sewn to fit your body specifically. I'd have you 3d scanned first, have your dimensions sent to CAD then have a model (with your exact dimensions) 3d printed then sew on that. Which middle one are you referring to?

In 1998-1999, I did some technical writing for a firm that marketed a laser-driven machining tool for form-fitting sports shoes. You put your feet into the scanner. The laser created a raster image of points that were mathematically transduced to a contour. Then a milling machine ground the insole for your sports shoe.

So, just to say, Daunce, being fitted is getting easier. You must be aware of 3-D printing. It has been toyed with since the 80s at least, but recently some new technologies allow cheaper, faster, and stronger creations. Wikipedia here One commercial product here. A summary of ads from different companies via Bloomberg here.

To Michael Stuart Kelly: I have only had the chance to talk to one Objectivist before and I very much enjoy it. I love talking to thinkers as I love virtue. The reason for my posting my work is to show it to thinkers. Since I began my pursuit of My Benjamin at age 5, my only audience have been believers who have hated me for my talent and confidence. I thought here, it would be different.

This is appalling. What kind of monster hates a 5 year old child?

I would guess that many members here were creative at an early age. MSK with his musical talent for a prime example. I used to make up stories and poems from about 5, I am sure many more did the same. I got some laughs and sneers from my "audience", sure, and I certainly was not praised to the skies, but never did I feel hated for my efforts. When I hit another kid on the head with a hammer in a sandbox at that age, I was hated and deservedly, but it had nothing to do with anybody's talent or confidence. It was about somebody's toy truck.

You'd be surprised haha. My parents were and still are the most evil people I've ever known. They destroyed every drawing of mine from age 5 to 18 (except the 2,000 I hid).

Why did they destroy your artwork? Were you drawing Grandma naked or something? Or did they have fanatical clutter issues?

To Michael Stuart Kelly: I have only had the chance to talk to one Objectivist before and I very much enjoy it. I love talking to thinkers as I love virtue. The reason for my posting my work is to show it to thinkers. Since I began my pursuit of My Benjamin at age 5, my only audience have been believers who have hated me for my talent and confidence. I thought here, it would be different.

I would guess that many members here were creative at an early age. MSK with his musical talent for a prime example. I used to make up stories and poems from about 5, I am sure many more did the same. I got some laughs and sneers from my "audience", sure, and I certainly was not praised to the skies, but never did I feel hated for my efforts. When I hit another kid on the head with a hammer in a sandbox at that age, I was hated and deservedly, but it had nothing to do with anybody's talent or confidence. It was about somebody's toy truck.

You'd be surprised haha. My parents were and still are the most evil people I've ever known. They destroyed every drawing of mine from age 5 to 18 (except the 2,000 I hid).

Why did they destroy your artwork? Were you drawing Grandma naked or something? Or did they have fanatical clutter issues?

Obviously not, if he was able to sequester 2,000 hidden drawings...

Obviously not, if he was able to sequester 2,000 hidden drawings...

If he could hide 2000 pieces of subversive paper on the premises, obviously the Soviet regime had some security flaws.

[/quot] Having an intellectual argument with Dad, I mention the first law of logic: a thing is itself. He said I was venturing into territories which didn't make sense,

This gives me the impression that your dad had some knowledge of philosophy,, and of the market cost of reams of paper.

No wonder you enjpy the Office.

Hey, Snap! I was just going to ask you if I could promote my upcoming anthology, "C>J> Stuart: the Wastebasket Collection" }on your radio show. I was thinking I could wear my avatar outfit for both appearances... I think your wardrobe people would like the matchup...what say?

The other appearance would be a guest host spot on Philosophy in Action if poor Ethel continues poorly. my People are negotiating with her People. Fingers crossed!

Sure. You're always welcome on my Radio Show. I'll always hold a special place for you in my heart since you were one of the first sponsors. You helped me to become what I am today, and I'll never forget that.

Btw, you shouldn't say "fingers crossed" about negotiations with the Comrade's representatives. The idea of luck of really pisses her off. You've probably already blown the deal.

J

Hey, Snap! I was just going to ask you if I could promote my upcoming anthology, "C>J> Stuart: the Wastebasket Collection" }on your radio show. I was thinking I could wear my avatar outfit for both appearances... I think your wardrobe people would like the matchup...what say?

The other appearance would be a guest host spot on Philosophy in Action if poor Ethel continues poorly. my People are negotiating with her People. Fingers crossed!

Sure. You're always welcome on my Radio Show. I'll always hold a special place for you in my heart since you were one of the first sponsors. You helped me to become what I am today, and I'll never forget that.

Btw, you shouldn't say "fingers crossed" about negotiations with the Comrade's representatives. The idea of luck of really pisses her off. You've probably already blown the deal.

J

Oh heck Jonathan, you were right. The telephone screening interview did not go well. They did not think my excerpt about the Senegalese bartenders was "a good fit", even though I made them to be from different parts of Senegal and looking for work. I think I heard nervous tittlering in the background.

And the 20 page questionnaire they sent! All those questions about Dr D's Phd thesis, and and Are you now or ever have been a visitor to Checking Premises? Please list names...

Usually I am good at questionnaires but I think I will just have to wing it.

I am not optimistic .

Phillip:

Out of curiosity, what do/did each of your parents do professionally?

Adam

Post script:

And by the way, welcome to OL.

Phillip:

Adam

Post script:

Dad works at AEP, what he does there I don't know but I do know he makes good money. Mom started working as a secretary about four years ago.

I did draw nudes but they were all of girls my age and the older I got the older were the girls I drew. Now that I think about it I made them older than I was and more sculptured (larger breasts mor heroic proportions than girls their age). My parents destroyed my work because they wanted to stop me. I finally got them to admit they destroyed my work this year and before that they always denied it. I know they did it out of hate. They constantly tried to convince me to go outside insted of drawing inside and when I brought my supplies outside they would make sure I had seen them shrug. They constantly told me I would be poor as an architect and an artist and that I wasn't fit to be poor. "He who is not capable of enduring poverty is not capable of being free" - Victor Hugo. They only once bragged about my work to their friends (I was in 2nd grade and drew a large portrait of Tutankhamen as I loved gold and adored the sensuous luxury of Ancient Egypt and Rome). That was when I was a toddler. As I got older they got angry and scared, I think. Mom told me she sent me to a mental doctor of some sort when I was 4 or 5 because "I marched to the beat of a different drummer" she said. I replied, "Yes. I'm the drummer". She shrugged and said I hadn't changed. She couldn't understand why her saying that made me happy. They sent me to all sorts of doctors to have me mentally checked after which I was diagnosed with ADD. I was diagnosed with that I think as I didn't and habitally couldn't pay attention to that which didn't interest me. They began trying to convince me that I was insane or mentally ill for not giving up my work. The extremes they went to to stop me are too stupid and too funny. Last year my old psychiatrist, whom my parents insisted I see, diagnosed me as psychotic (she referred to it as anti-social personality disorder) because I'm an Objectivist and because I'm filing suit against those damn Washington toddlers who create and enforce the red tape forbidding me from being an architect without being a mediocrity. Dad reminds me of this obnoxious diagnoses often and I can't help but laugh. The same psychiatrist/psychologist woman diagnosed me with manic bipolar disorder as she said there is no reason for me to be so happy. They, I think, are afraid that Objectivism works, that gaining and keeping ones values, not sacrificing them, makes one happy.

If it's not already obvious, with my going through a ream of paper a month, I was then and have always been with pencil and paper in hand (only now I carry everything in my book insted of cheap notebooks, plastic bags and the plastic in which a ream comes). They were very clear that they thought my work was horrid and that I should give up immediatly. "The man who lets a leader prescribe his course is a wreck being towed to the trash heap" - Rand. (Haha! I used that quote and many other Rand quotes in an architectural project before I dropped/flunked out of the Kent State College of Architecture & Environmental Design). I think they thought I would give up if I knew I couldn't keep my work. The dean of the architecture program was the same way; I told him I'm the greatest architect in the history of mankind and the dean looked at me like Jan looks at Michael Scott when he says something stupid in The Office. Susan Maxman, the '93 president of the American Institute of Architects, is quoted in a newpaper to have said, "Anyone who reads past chapter one of The Fountainhead doesn't belong in my office (because those who drop out of college are legally forbidden to practice architecture)".

I eventually had to get paper from school and other places as Mom and Dad locked the computer paper drawer. And it's not like they were anywhere near poor and couldn't afford $5 a month to support my habit. I'd consiter them either the lowest upper class or the highest upper middle class. I asked Mom last Christmas why she destroyed my work and she said she did it because she loved me. I asked her, "So you destroyed that which I love more than anything in the world, because you loved me?". She ignored this remark and walked away, her face was blank. Mom reminds me of a Lillian Reardon and Dad reminds me of Jim Taggart except they're both vulgar for the sake of vulgarity (whereas Lillian and Jim were not, they had some level of elegance and tried to pretend to be civilized and so, it seems, they read up on Emily Post). Sometimes Mom says that she'd rather have a clean house and that's why she threw my work away; at least that's what she told her and my psychologist (who I now see to have philosophical conversation and who my parents insist I see to treat my anti-social personality disorder). When I told that psychologist that she told me she destoryed my work because she claimed she loved me, his face morphed into disgust in a way I haven't seen. My work was primarily in my room and I never had a single friend until college; no guests went in my room and it was out of view of the rest of the rooms. They most definently did it out of hate. My parents constantly, with sad angel eyes, tell me they love me as if asking for pity. When I ask by what standard they always walk away and hang up the phone and pretend as if the incident never happened. I'm not asking for pity; pity be damned! I'm long over my parents hatred for me. Beasts being beastly.

Phillip:

Adam

Post script:

Dad works at AEP, what he does there I don't know but I do know he makes good money. Mom started working as a secretary about four years ago.

Phillip:

Since I do not speak alphabet, I am assuming that you meant American Electrical Power?

I am an only child, are you also?

If you are, frankly, I am surprised that you do not know what your father does for AEP.

Nevertheless, you commitment to your values is clearly undisputed. In many ways, it is admirable. I for one, am certainly not going to dissuade you from the path you have chosen.

Adam

Phillip:

Adam

Post script:

Phillip:

Since I do not speak alphabet, I am assuming that you meant American Electrical Power?

I am an only child, are you also?

If you are, frankly, I am surprised that you do not know what your father does for AEP.

Nevertheless, you commitment to your values is clearly undisputed. In many ways, it is admirable. I for one, am certainly not going to dissuade you from the path you have chosen.

Adam

Haha. Yes its AEP. He used to be a manager of something. He works at AEP headquarters in Columbus Ohio. He hates his job and he nevers talks about it and I have no interest in inquiring about what he does now.

When I read your question asking if I was an only child, the answer that popped into my head was no. I have a sister but she hasn't amounted to anything and shes more worthless than my parents: she reminds me of Philip Rearden in a way. She's a girl scout (Mom was the leader of a GS troop and Dad the Scoutmaster of a Boy Scout troop; ardent altruists who adore charity so much that Mom used to be president of Twig's Bazaar for Children's Hospital), Sara, too, is involved in charity, she preeches sustainability (and has believed in it since early high school), she's liberal, and she's more vulgar than Mom and Dad and she does it on purpose. She makes herself look ugly for the sake of looking ugly. It seems to me that she wants to look ugly for the sake of making the beautiful feel guilty. Its repuslive and funny.

Thanks for your support of my architectural pursuit

-PBH

ADD and bipolarity are both descriptions of the way consciousness works in some individuals. They usually work to the detriment of the individual. Because to have a successful career, you need to maintain focus, even for things that do not interest you, for fairly long periods. And when you are bipolar, you can only focus on one thing, obsessively, whille on a creative high, and you only want to stay there.

If you indeed have these conditions, and want a successful career, you need to learn to live with them and balance them.

ADD and bipolarity are both descriptions of the way consciousness works in some individuals. They usually work to the detriment of the individual. Because to have a successful career, you need to maintain focus, even for things that do not interest you, for fairly long periods. And when you are bipolar, you can only focus on one thing, obsessively, whille on a creative high, and you only want to stay there.

If you indeed have these conditions, and want a successful career, you need to learn to live with them and balance them.

My second psychologist did not think I had bipolar disorder at all. My first psychologist said I was manic because she said there was no reason I should be happy. I've been happy because I gain and keep my values as much as I possibly can. I don't and can't focus on anything that doesn't pertain to that which I want to gain and keep (my architecture, my life, and even the boring things which my architectural career presupposes). I do experience the latter when I'm creating the esthetics of and the means to create my architecture (and other endeavors), but often I'll be working on a floor plan then switch to haute couture then switch to the exterior/interior of a limo then switch back to the floor plan then switch to the limo again, then work on the elevations of the floorplan.... You're an Objectivist and seem to have decent knowlege of psychology. Would you call my pursuit manic or bipolar? It is however difficult for me to clean my room and I used to hire people to do it as I consitered the cleanliness of my room a much much lesser value than my work and pursuit. But its incredibly difficult to clean. Would this be bipolar?

My second psychologist did not think I had bipolar disorder at all. My first psychologist said I was manic because she said there was no reason I should be happy. I've been happy because I gain and keep my values as much as I possibly can. I don't and can't focus on anything that doesn't pertain to that which I want to gain and keep (my architecture, my life, and even the boring things which my architectural career presupposes). I do experience the latter when I'm creating the esthetics of and the means to create my architecture (and other endeavors), but often I'll be working on a floor plan then switch to haute couture then switch to the exterior/interior of a limo then switch back to the floor plan then switch to the limo again, then work on the elevations of the floorplan.... You're an Objectivist and seem to have decent knowlege of psychology. Would you call my pursuit manic or bipolar? It is however difficult for me to clean my room and I used to hire people to do it as I consitered the cleanliness of my room a much much lesser value than my work and pursuit. But its incredibly difficult to clean. Would this be bipolar?

I think you have mixed me up with Adam, I am not an Objectivist although I have read most of Rand's writings and I think I have a fair grasp of her ideas. I think to be taken from creative idea to creative idea,and never want to stop working on them, is fairly typical of bipolar behaviour in my layman's opinion, yes.

I'm not officially bipolar but I hate to clean my place and will do anything to postpone doing it. Everybody is a little bit crazy, at least in my experience.

I think you have mixed me up with Adam, I am not an Objectivist although I have read most of Rand's writings and I think I have a fair grasp of her ideas. I think to be taken from creative idea to creative idea,and never want to stop working on them, is fairly typical of bipolar behaviour in my layman's opinion, yes.

I'm not officially bipolar but I hate to clean my place and will do anything to postpone doing it. Everybody is a little bit crazy, at least in my experience.

I've read Mozart was the same. He seldom finished his pieces in one sitting; he wrote numerous pieces at once.

I've read Mozart was the same. He seldom finished his pieces in one sitting; he wrote numerous pieces at once.

He wasn't much on housekeeping either.

I find myself having a lot in common with Mozy. He's the EXACT sort of man who I'd make best friends with. I've wanted for a long time to be best friends with a talented, ingenius composer and I've even designed a villa for one (though, obviously, due to modern architectural law and financial limitations, I can't build it). Mozy started his melodic pursuit at age three to five; I started my architectural pursuit at 5. Mozy was, by your description, bipolar in his inability to refrain from creating and furthering his melodic pursuit; I'm the same way with architecture, I find it utterly difficult to stop creating for more than two or three days. I'd fall into a unbearable depression if I waited three days till furthering my architectural pursuit and the only way to recover would involve pencil, paper, clay or internet (architectural research). Mozy and I are also messy. When I'm not forced to clean up after myself I find myself surrounded by sketches, elevations and architectural portraits in as little as a week; I go through at least 500 sheets a *month*. I wonder if Tchaikovsky was the same? I adore Tchaikovsky! Before Lionel Yu, Bogdan Alin Ota and Karl Jenkins, Tchaikovsky was my favorite! I remember blasting his Marche Slave and drawing after my work went missing or another of my parents horrid lectures. Marche Slave was what Rand would call an insolent no! thrown in the face of arbitrary authority. And words cannot describe the beauty of The Sleeping Beauty Waltz. Valse Sentimentale was, to me before discovering Yu Ota and Jenkins, the most delicious composition.

Haha well I'm sure his parents weren't non-fiction, human equivalents of the devil. I know Mozart would have loathed his parents had they destroyed his work. Any creator whose parents threw away all their work from the time they started to the time they left for college would, undoubtably, passionatly hate their parents. Though I only hate my parents when I have to deal with them. From my experience, hatred comes from dealing with those and that with which you strongly disagree. When I don't deal with them I don't think of them unless as motivation to escape them

Haha well I'm sure his parents weren't non-fiction, human equivalents of the devil. I know Mozart would have loathed his parents had they destroyed his work. Any creator whose parents threw away all their work from the time they started to the time they left for college would, undoubtably, passionatly hate their parents. Though I only hate my parents when I have to deal with them. From my experience, hatred comes from dealing with those and that with which you strongly disagree.

But you are not a non-fiction human equivalent of the Good, either.

At some psychological point you will have to deal with them, sooner or later.

Haha well I'm sure his parents weren't non-fiction, human equivalents of the devil. I know Mozart would have loathed his parents had they destroyed his work. Any creator whose parents threw away all their work from the time they started to the time they left for college would, undoubtably, passionatly hate their parents. Though I only hate my parents when I have to deal with them. From my experience, hatred comes from dealing with those and that with which you strongly disagree.

But you are not a non-fiction human equivalent of the Good, either.

At some psychological point you will have to deal with them, sooner or later.

There are sadistic people who I personally refer to as destroyers. They're called sadists but I sometimes refer to them as destroyers: people who intend and vigorously pursue the destruction of virtuous people for pleasure. I've known plenty and my parents are the worst of them. Unless they use physical force I can be immune to their methods (of which they create MANY) by merely not acting on emotion, never taking them on faith and never accepting unearned guilt. They constantly (to the degree of their sadistic ambition) try to get you to act on emotion, accept unearned guilt and take them on faith and they always are frustrated when you don't; frustrated, I think, to the degree of their sadistic ambition, as well. Those are their only weapons save physical force. I learned that in Atlas Shrugged. Before I grasped that I took their morality on faith and accepted unearned guilt: I am pure evil according to their philosophy (I'm scrumptuously and rationally selfish, endlessly ambitious, feverishly greedy, I'm VERY strongly in love with my life my self and my work and I reject altruism). I accepted the unearned guilt of being pure evil and my view of evil was actually almost Rand's view of the good. Although I never felt guilty for my architectural pursuit, for drawing and researching, as I think many people wanted me to. I adore luxury especially the luxury I know I'm capable of creating and, luxury, say most people is irrelevent to life, is wrong, is evil. I regarded it as good to be evil and I wanted to be the most evil man in existence as if I was I'd thereby achieve my architectural luxury among my other values. That was a monstrous contradiction. Anyway, I was somewhat trapped in my parents honeypot during which I had to stay away from them as I didn't want to kill them aftering finding out they destroyed even more of my work. Now their existence does not move me to the slightest degree. A non-forceful destroyers methods can only work so long as you act on emotion, take them on faith and accept unearned guilt.

Have you ever been prescribed any medication?

Yes. Ritalin at the age of six I think. It was the worst feeling. I was hyper concentrated on unimportant things such as unimportant minor details and concepts completely unrelated to that which I wanted and had to do to sustain my life and my work. Due to ritalin I had nervous ticks. I was forced to take it in school so I devised the means to make it appear as if I had swallowed it, which only worked sometimes. I'm prescribed to concerta and vivance though I don't take them; just as with ritalin, I stay up for nights on end and can't focus on that which is important: that which I must do to achieve and sustain my life and my values. My first psychologist tried to prescribe me to a manic pill which she said, upon my asking, would harness my thinking to a degree and relax my mind. I regard anything that does that to be monstrously contemptible.

I've been diagnosed with anti-social personality disorder (due to my selfishness, egoism, "grandeoise" sense of self worth (Dad compared my ego to Louis XIV and he actually believed that pretentious man had an ego), and my not having any friends till college and my (habitual) inability and reluctance to follow "social norms". Do you think anti-social personality disorder is a valid disorder and why? I'm curious as you're not an Objectivist. (In case it's not clear I am an avid Objectivist and a civilized person capable of having a respectful disagreement).