President signs executive orders and may plan a Reichstag event to create chaos

2016 is the crucial date. Obama will probably win the 2012 election and he will have to step down in 2017, legally speaking. If your dire prediction is correct he will delay the 2016 election indefinitely by means of some phony baloney emergency.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob:

I disagree, I do not believe he is going to win at this point in time. In fact, my prediction, as of today, is that it will be an electoral landslide for the Romney the Robot team.

Romney 321[32 states] Electoral votes to O'bama 217 [18 states] <<<<I can't make any predictions on the other 7 states that O'bama believes exist!

Knowing the Ron Paul supporters the way I do, they will be trying to identify the members of the Electoral College, inundating them with Ron Paul super brochures, and pleading with them to vote for Ron Paul.

We know that one elector, Roger Lea MacBride, alerted the media that he was not going to vote for Nixon in 1972, that he had done his doctoral dissertation on the Electoral College System, even sent the media a copy of it, and cast his ballot for John Hospers and Toney Nathan, making her the first woman in history to receive an Electoral College vote for that high office, ten years before Geraldine Ferraro.

But Electors are usually party hacks and they are not likely to listen to reason although some might if they have any understanding of what is going on.

Whoever is president will preside over the worst financial crisis in American history given the improper policies and interventions, taxes and regulations, Obamacare and growth of the national debt, with resultant soaring unemployment, hyperinflation and civil unrest, rioting, shortages and did I say riots.

Maybe the Democrats will see this coming and prefer that some Republican take the blame for that so that Hillary can resume the throne in 2017 once the dust settles.

At least a Ron Paul presidency would soften that whole nightmare and get it over with sooner without taking advantage of the chaos to institute a totalitarian police state.

i wonder just what our president meant when he spoke of being more flexible to Medvedev on the open mike. We might get to find out.

If you want an honest election, you gotta get rid of the damn voting machines. Voting machines should be banned. Period. Any election with voting machines should be declared invalid.

If you want an honest election, you gotta get rid of the damn voting machines. Voting machines should be banned. Period. Any election with voting machines should be declared invalid.

I agree. Paper ballot voting over a several day period, then a very carefully monitored count.

Anything involving computers can be fiddled. I do not want to see an election hacked.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Jerry and Bob:

Prior to this abortion know as computer voting machines, NY State had the mechanical lever voting machines with the mechanical counters and a paper roll?

Do you consider that mechanism of voting a valid one? Not a trick question, a sincere one.

220px-Voting_machine.png

magnify-clip.pnglever style voting machine on display at the National Museum of American History

Direct-recording Voting System

Commonly used in the United States until the 1990s (and commonly known as lever machines), direct recording voting systems are mechanical systems to tabulate votes. This was the first voting technology commercialized in the United States. In 1889, Jacob Myers of Rochester, New York received a patent for a voting machine that was based on Beranek's 1881 machine.[13] This machine saw its first use in Lockport, New York, in 1892.[14] In 1894, Sylvanus Davis added a straight-party lever and significantly simplified the interlocking mechanism used to enforce the vote-for-one rule in each race.[15] By 1899, Alfred Gillespie introduced several refinements. It was Gillespie who replaced the heavy metal voting booth with a curtain that was linked to the cast-vote lever, and Gillespie introduced the lever by each candidate name that was turned to point to that name in order to cast a vote for that candidate. Inside the machine, Gillespie worked out how to make the machine programmable so that it could support races in which voters were allowed to vote for, for example, 3 out of 5 candidates.[16]

On Dec. 14, 1900, the U.S. Standard Voting Machine Company was formed, with Alfred Gillespie as one of its directors, to combine the companies that held the Myers, Davis, and Gillespie patents.[17] By the 1920s, this company (under various names) had a monopoly on voting machines, until, in 1936, Samuel and Ransom Shoup obtained a patent for a competing voting machine.[18] By 1934, about 1/6 of all presidential ballots were being cast on mechanical voting machines, essentially all made by the same manufacturer.[19]

Commonly, a voter enters the machine and pulls a lever to close the curtain, thus unlocking the voting levers. The voter then makes his or her selection from a list of switches denoting the appropriate candidates or measures. The machine is configured to prevent overvotes by locking out other candidates when one candidate's switch is flipped. When the voter is finished, a lever is pulled which opens the curtain and increments the appropriate counters for each candidate and measure. The results are then hand written by the precinct officer at the conclusion of voting. New York is the only remaining state that uses these machines.[20][21]

=========================================

This system is considered a "non-document-based Ballot voting system."

Jerry and Bob:

Prior to this abortion know as computer voting machines, NY State had the mechanical lever voting machines with the mechanical counters and a paper roll?

Do you consider that mechanism of voting a valid one? Not a trick question, a sincere one.

Perhaps I should have said "electronic voting machines". Any voting machine that can vote differently from the way you vote should be banned. Mechanical voting machines that always vote the same way you vote are okay.

Jerry and Bob:

Perhaps I should have said "electronic voting machines". Any voting machine that can vote differently from the way you vote should be banned. Mechanical voting machines that always vote the same way you vote are okay.

Not quite. THose mechanical voting machines where your vote is tallied when you re-open the curtains can be preset to non-zero counts.

Paper ballots marked by pencil is the least tricky of the secret ballot methods.

ruveyn

Jerry and Bob:

Not quite. THose mechanical voting machines where your vote is tallied when you re-open the curtains can be preset to non-zero counts.

Paper ballots marked by pencil is the least tricky of the secret ballot methods.

ruveyn

Bob:

That requires serious fraud and the complicity of the election officials. That can happen with paper ballots also. I refer you to Lydon Johnson's election in Texas and the "miracle of ballot box 13."

1948 U.S. Senate election

Jim Wells County is known as the home of "Box 13", the infamous ballot box which gave Lyndon Baines Johnson a 200-vote edge over popular former governor Coke Stevenson in the Democratic primary election. It was later demonstrated that these 200 votes were "stuffed" into the ballot box after the polls had closed[citation needed]. Johnson went on to win the election.

They should just do it so you get a random code generated with your vote, then all the votes are available to view online, each vote corresponding to a code, and you can check that your vote was recorded correctly by finding your code which is sorted alphabetically/numerically.

The only risk is that they add fake votes, but that's already a risk.

So once again this thread starts out with the contention that Obama will anticipate that he will lose the election so he fakes an assassination attempt on himself or the like, a Reichstag event, suspends the election altogether, institutes martial law and virtually declares himself president for life.

Now the thread has morphed into a discussion of voting machines. The President keeps signing Executive Orders granting himself extraordinary powers which he intends to find a way to utilize and you guys are talking about your being fed up with voting machines! Don't you get it? There will possibly not even be an election!

I just received a mailing from Marty Weiss of Safe Money Report which I used to subscribe to years ago. He rates banks as well, which keep failing. He warns you well in advance of which ones will fail.

It turns out that he was raised in Brazil and relates how the prices doubled, then doubled again and again, leading to shortages, unemployment, riots and chaos. He points out this kind of thing happens when the government makes policies which inflate the currency leading to hyperinflation. It happened again in Russia after the fall of the USSR. He points out that the very same mistaken policies have been used here in the USA and that a hyperinflation is inevitable and could happen at any time.

The govt has run out of money and borrows almost half of the dollars it spends each day. At some point others who loan the USA money will refuse to do so. All hell will break lose as people here who depend on govt checks find that they stop coming. Unemployment will skyrocket. Food prices will skyrocket and shelves will empty. If Obama institutes price controls on food farmers will stop shipping. This kind of thing is already happening all over Europe, Greece, Spain, Ireland, England etc.

Better to be a few months too soon to be prepared than a day too late.

No doubt if Obama is in office when it happens he will take advantage of it to empower the government even more and suspend individual lliberties. I expect he will take money from the bank accounts and 401K and IRA accounts to fund his regime.

Water, food, security, ammunition, community. What happens when the checks stop to the police and firemen? The Power and Water utilities?

And you guys are worried about voting machines?

Hmmm getting a little edgy are we?

You go to work all week and provide money for the O'bama State, do you not?

You have investments that provide money to be taken by the O'bama State, do you not?

You pay your property taxes to the Deval Patrick, an O'bama clone State government, do you not?

There is nothing more annoying than a preachy "good German" who fuels the system he condemns, is there?

Adam

Selene,

You offer no method for gulch8 to avoid those unhappy things.

gultch8,

Threads will meander. I don't think concern about voting machines translates into ignoring the threat of martial law.

Martial law means military law. Is the U.S. that far gone towards a banana republic that the president owns the generals?

Isn’t it a recognized principle that a serviceman can legitimately refuse to obey an unlawful – unconstitutional – order?

I think if Obama tried to act on his executive orders it would be a case of too much too soon.

Still, I agree with you. That he will try this should be prepared for. The people who need to prepare the most are the honest men in the military. I’m sure there are some.

Mark

www.ARIwatch.com

Selene,

You offer no method for gulch8 to avoid those unhappy things.

Mark

www.ARIwatch.com

Mark:

You are correct. I offered no solutions. My response was certainly pure pathos.

One solution would be to go on strike. One that I favor.

The other which I offered to help him with was to run for Congress and introduce these ideas in a serious and simply stated campaign and, if elected, to introduce legislation to dismantle the Centralized State. At least there would be a record.

There may not be too many alternatives that remain viable as we are far down the path to collapse.

As to your point about the military, I know that they will be the citizens last line of defense against the O'bama tyranny.

Thanks for keeping me aware of how pissed off his remarks made me today.

Adam

Mark et al,

I just went shopping and the shelves are loaded although the prices are up a notch.

With the government borrowing over 40 cents on each dollar it spends and with everyone aware of just how high the national debt is and how fast it is rising each year, will it be much longer before our creditors stop buying our debt?

That is when all hell begins to happen.

In the meantime and even up to the moment something called normalcy bias will prevail.

I was in the military but can no longer fit into the uniform I once wore. Roving bands of desperate starving people is the nightmare and I could never have enough ammunition to stop them.

Have you heard of the "oath keepers?" www.oathkeepers.com

They are mostly active military who respect the Constitution and would not follow an unconstitutional order. Not enough of them yet.

The MA GOP is trying to replace recently elected delegates for Romney considered to be Ron Paul supporters bound to vote for Romney in Tampa on the first ballot. Romney's slate was defeated and their assumption is undoubtedly correct. The Republican Party is a private organization and they can change their own rules if they want to even if it alienates those who took the trouble to register and show up at the meeting to cast their ballots one Saturday morning in April. I was one of them and witnessed the contest, heard the speeches, felt sorry for long time life time republicans who pleaded to be sent to Tampa as they had never attended a national convention, but they were not elected. I witnessed the counting of the paper ballots and Ron Paul supporters had turned out in twice the number of Romney folks, roughly 100 to 50.

Tomorrow I will attend a hearing at which a decision will be made by the heirarchy regarding the attempt to replace the duly elected delegates here in Marlborough at 6:30PM. The old guard doesn't seem to appreciate that this is not a one time thing but the beginning of the takeover of the Republican Party by a new breed of young men and women who value their liberty and know the history of the Founding of the country despite the failure of the public schools and the liberal college professors, thanks to the internet and the libertarian think tanks. They understand the Constitution and the meaning of the Commerce Clause, the necessary and proper clause, the enumerated powers, the Supremacy Clause and the like. They are familiar with the Supreme Courts decisions which have extended the role and power of the central government. Ron Paul ignited a movement which is going to grow and infiltrate perhaps both parties. Imagine a libertarian wing in the Democrat Party?

The feet of those running for office in the Congress will be held to the fire from now on to be sure we know where they stand regarding the meaning of their oath of office.

Still there are hard times immediately ahead. Stock up.

Still there are hard times immediately ahead. Stock up.

Even if you can put year's supply of food in what happens on day 366?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Another question Gulch:

Are you prepared to defend your supply of food from the predators,human and non-human?

gultch8,

I resent being lumped with et al, LOL.

Yes, Oath Keepers is a good organization from what I can see. I've had a link to it on ARI Watch for quite a while now.

Mark:

Just like Groucho Marx? You would "...refuse to join any club that would have you as a member?"

I am a member of Oath Keepers and it is an exemplary organization.

Adam

gultch8,

I resent being lumped with et al, LOL.

Yes, Oath Keepers is a good organization from what I can see. I've had a link to it on ARI Watch for quite a while now.

Mark:

Just like Groucho Marx? You would "...refuse to join any club that would have you as a member?"

I am a member of Oath Keepers and it is an exemplary organization.

Adam

And a member of a certain Fraternal Order youve made a spectacle, I mean to say, fine example of .

Nanook

we await your dues

Nanook

we await your dues

In do time, ewe.

O, you use ewes... and do ewes...and owe dues...all of youse in Sector SR13 are all alike!

OK, I know when to sue ewe for peace!