So...Canada, Twin Towers, Three Naked Women and $20 Dollar Bill - You're Kidding Righr?

Selene

The Mythos I noted is one that should not have any significance for Americans, actually, thus my notes above. It is to Adam's credit that he both understands and appreciates the reality and notionality of one of our most important national myths.

Can anyone but an American patriot understand the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetary? Can anyone but an American born or bred feel the emotions of the Vietnam Memorial in Washington? Can a Canadian hope to understand the intense feelings that might attend a hilarious story on US national monuments to service dead?

This is the most moving image of all that I have found of the Vimy memorial. It might just suggest to a non-Canadian what we commemorate, if not explaining anything of our Mythos, or providing bared breasts for added hilarity.

A painting by Longstaff, Ghosts of Vimy Ridge, from the collection of Parliament. It depicts the ghosts of the Canadian Corps.

Ghosts_of_Vimy_Ridge.jpeg

I think I shall come back to this thread on November 11th. As a sobering tonic after the fun of OL's intercontinental Election Party!

Just bumping this up, with -- finally -- a close-up of The Six (6) Boobs on the Canuck twenty.

In this era of Trump the image above kinda makes me think of The Big Wall, or maybe the big beautiful Door. Definitely a portal to somewhere ...

BOOBS!

boobs.png