The Principals and values that shaped Modern Environmentalism.

I'm doing an essay for History about the history of modern environmentalism. I'm wondering whether anyone can give me some pointers or information on that matter...

See if the eco-phreak movement started way back when with the Conservation Movement.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I'm doing an essay for History about the history of modern environmentalism. I'm wondering whether anyone can give me some pointers or information on that matter...

See if the eco-phreak movement started way back when with the Conservation Movement.

Ba'al Chatzaf

what is the Eco-phreak movement?

Jacob:

Where is the starting point in the time line for "modern environmentalism?"

By the way, Happy Birthday!!!

Adam

My grandfather was a prominent environmentalist starting back in the 1920s and 30s. You can read his last book, Adventures In Conservation with Franklin D Roosevelt (Irving Brant).

Teddy Roosevelt was also into this stuff along with such people as John Muir who founded the Sierra Club in 1892. I suggest you start with the Sierra Club as your research locus.

My brother used to be active with The Sea Shepard Society which was spun off of Greenpeace. For your purpose I'd focus on Greenpeace for more info for your essay, but if you go into the SSS your teacher will be impressed enough to jack up your grade a notch, but don't dwell there, just a brief mention and exposition because it's less history and more modern result.

--Brant

does anyone have anything to say about Silent Spring by Rachel Carson?

That is the accursed book that started the modern eco-phreak movement.

DDT was abolished in many place and people started dying from being bitten by mosquitoes and lice.

Ba'al Chatzaf

does anyone have anything to say about Silent Spring by Rachel Carson?

Millions of babies have died from malaria thanks to the ban on DDT. I'm talking about tens of millions. Half a billion people are chronically infected. In the 1960s, thanks to DDT, malaria was on the way out as a curse on humanity. R.C. demonized DDT against the scientific evidence. Politically, the ban started in the Ford Administration. This is the greatest triumph of environmentalism. Put this in your essay and you'll probably be flunked.

--Brant

My brother used to be active with The Sea Shepard Society which was spun off of Greenpeace. For your purpose I'd focus on Greenpeace for more info for your essay, but if you go into the SSS your teacher will be impressed enough to jack up your grade a notch, but don't dwell there, just a brief mention and exposition because it's less history and more modern result.

--Brant

The Sea Shepards are a bunch of terrorists and pirates. Their boats should be blasted out of the water and any survivors string up on the nearest handy yardarm. They think they own the whales. They don't. The whales are game and prey and can be taken on the high seas by any party that has the means.

Ba'al Chatzaf

The essence of the "environmental movement" is love the Planet and hate the Human Race.

Ba'al Chatzaf