Glenn Beck Versus Georgetown Law Student

I didn't expect to see it this soon, but here it is. Started right on cue: The Vetting: CNN Implodes Over Breitbart's Obama/Bell Video

(Sorry--embed code doesn't work. Here's the raw video link: http://content.bitso...UgkkVN-svqBtzyp)

The funny thing is that Joel told Soledad to her face the trap he is setting and she walked into it anyway and started mocking him.

This is going to be fun to watch. If she's that dumb, you know the left-wing media is going to be dumber and have a field day.

I sure hope Joel & Co. have the real deal at the end from Breitbart. Otherwise this is going to be a mess.

I think they do, though. Joel looked too much like he was biting his lip to keep from spilling the beans. That's hard to do when you're being mocked on national TV, but he did a pretty good job--sort of. I could almost see him reading memorized talking points from his inner teleprompter, really wanting to go "La la la la la la la," with his hands over his ears instead. :smile:

Michael

I enjoyed that Richard Dawkin’s “We are all Africans” video and now Adam gets a Maritime election night party! Woo hoo! Lobster, chips, salt-cured fish, beef, and pork and to wash it down Labatts, and Molsen Ale, and Canadian babes for desert. As Peikoff would say, “She promised.”

Sanger wrote:

Eugenics without Birth Control seems to us a house builded upon the sands. It is at the mercy of the rising stream of the unfit. It cannot stand against the furious winds of economic pressure which have buffeted into partial or total helplessness a tremendous proportion of the human race. Only upon a free, self-determining motherhood can rest any unshakable structure of racial betterment.

end quote

Sanger is arguing that voluntary “birth control” only builds upon the Eugenicist’s aspirations. Sanger tries to be scientific but throws sociology and economics into her philosophical mix. I can see a Marxist influence with her phrase, “the masses.”

Sanger wrote:

Eugenists imply or insist that a woman's first duty is to the state; we contend that her duty to herself is her duty to the state.

end quote

So, to an extent she is seeking market orientated birth control results but then she brings in forced sterilization when she says:

. . . the eugenists, for instance, are seeking to assist the race toward the elimination of the unfit.

end quote

It may surprise some, but sterilization is still routinely done on the retarded in institutions here in America, because the retarded are very interested in sex, (I know someone who recently retired from the retarded care industry) so it would be nice if Adam can find a quote where Sanger is more explicit in her “racism.”

Ah, I see someone else has. William Scherk wrote:

Of course, Margaret Sanger did have some interesting things to say. She was no Hitler, but still ... this is from the website "The Negro Project: Margaret Sanger's Eugenic Plan for Black Americans" -- by Tanya L. Green, posted at Concerned Women of America.

end quote

I know a large percentage of the Intelligentsia in the early 1900’s were what we would now consider overtly racist, as was President Wilson, but at the time they were just spouting conventional wisdom and their day to day observations. Blacks were not considered as smart as other races back then. Blacks would never be able to speak proper English, and were best suited to menial jobs. How much has changed now? You can say what is scientifically true, if it is couched in caveats (statistical averages describe no individual for example) and sociological jargon. I have no problem with that. There is never a reason to needlessly hurt someone or to attribute good or bad attributes because of a person’s race or nationality, though the most candid exception is medical differences due to race.

William, Carol, Adam or anyone? Would you say Sanger was correct in the context of what was known then and what is now known?

Peter Taylor

Look at who is trying to get on the buzz bandwagon and keep himself relevant.

<iframe src="http://current.com/bc/1494648129001?linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fcurrent.com%2Fshows%2Fcountdown%2Fvideos%2Fkeith-on-the-rush-limbaugh-sandra-fluke-controversy-and-false-equivalency-from-the-right" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Good try, Keith, but it's a kinda weird apology.

This dude says he doesn't have anything to apologize for and that the people really are nitwits, but he apologizes to them anyway.

What's this guy want? A pat on the head for being a good boy?

:)

Michael

Adam wrote about the Sanger interview:

Fascinating. Television was so superior to the crap put out today. Additionally, the opening to the first wherein Mike "touts" the cigarette is priceless.

end quote

I like television shows that are more in depth, which is my biggest beef against Fox. PBS sometimes fills the void, but almost always with a leftist slant. I would like to see an Edward R. Murrow type show along with John Stossel’s and another “You Are There.” Those were the days, but I would not want to go back to the less than equal protection under the law found in the heigh-day of the Progressives, the earlier 1900’s, or even to the 1950’s.

Rush Limbaugh would argue that under their Progressive veneer, liberals by their philosophy and policies, view negroes as inferior and needy of help to raise them up. And then others must ALWAYS, CONSTANTLY, support the negro to keep him from slipping back into poverty. A local “Irish Pub” Shenanigans, is promoting fresh off the boat nights the week of Saint Patrick’s Day. They are celebrating their heritage, but, it reminds me how the Italians, Irish, Jews and other immigrant groups have been discriminated against in America when they first arrived in greater numbers.

Sanger would argue that Blacks may be discriminated against from their first enslavement and forced migration, but as a group they “settle” to their level, mentally, socially and economically, lower than other immigrant groups. Charity or liberal policies that improve Blacks by taking from Whites and Asians is not fair and is doing the Blacks and everyone else a disservice. Sanger is a Progressive without the sympathy or self-sacrifice demanded by modern Liberals. But her basic tenets are found in modern Liberalism. I know I should provide proof for this thesis so I will include a somewhat long quote at the end. Read enough to be convinced. What is striking to me is how Sanger’s Progressive views united and later diverged with a Marxist movement embraced by our own President Obama: Black Liberation Theology.

Peter Taylor

From The Negro Project, Margaret Sanger's Eugenic Plan for Black Americans By Tanya L. Green:

From the ABCL (American Birth Control League’s) perspective, Harlem was the ideal place for this “experimental clinic,” which officially opened on November 21, 1930. Many blacks looked to escape their adverse circumstances and therefore did not recognize the eugenic undercurrent of the clinic. The clinic relied on the generosity of private foundations to remain in business.18 In addition to being thought of as “inferior” and disproportionately represented in the underclass, according to the clinic's own files used to justify its “work,” blacks in Harlem: were segregated in an over-populated area (224,760 of 330,000 of greater New York's black population lived in Harlem during the late 1920s and 1930s); comprised 12 percent of New York City's population, but accounted for 18.4 percent of New York City's unemployment; had an infant mortality rate of 101 per 1000 births, compared to 56 among whites; had a death rate from tuberculosis — 237 per 100,000—that was highest in central Harlem, out of all of New York City.19 Although the clinic served whites as well as blacks, it “was established for the benefit of the colored people.” Sanger wrote this in a letter to Dr. W. E. Burghardt DuBois,20 one of the day's most influential blacks. A sociologist and author, he helped found the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) in 1909 to improve the living conditions of black Americans.

That blacks endured extreme prejudice and discrimination, which contributed greatly to their plight, seemed to further justify restricting their numbers. Many believed the solution lay in reducing reproduction. Sanger suggested the answer to poverty and degradation lay in smaller numbers of blacks. She convinced black civic groups in Harlem of the “benefits” of birth control, under the cloak of “better health” (i.e., reduction of maternal and infant death; child spacing) and “family planning.” So with their cooperation, and the endorsement of The Amsterdam News (a prominent black newspaper), Sanger established the Harlem branch of the Birth Control Clinical Research Bureau.21 The ABCL told the community birth control was the answer to their predicament.

Sanger shrewdly used the influence of prominent blacks to reach the masses with this message. She invited DuBois and a host of Harlem's leading blacks, including physicians, social workers, ministers and journalists, to form an advisory council to help direct the clinic “so that our work in birth control will be a constructive force in the community.”22 She knew the importance of having black professionals on the advisory board and in the clinic; she knew blacks would instinctively suspect whites of wanting to decrease their numbers. She would later use this knowledge to implement the Negro Project.

Sanger convinced the community so well that Harlem's largest black church, the Abyssinian Baptist Church, held a mass meeting featuring Sanger as the speaker.23 But that event received criticism. At least one “very prominent minister of a denomination other than Baptist” spoke out against Sanger. Dr. Adam Clayton Powell Sr., pastor of Abyssinian Baptist, “received adverse criticism” from the (unnamed) minister who was “surprised that he'd allow that awful woman in his church.”24

Grace Congregational Church hosted a debate on birth control. Proponents argued birth control was necessary to regulate births in proportion to the family's income; spacing births would help mothers recover physically and fathers financially; physically strong and mentally sound babies would result; and incidences of communicable diseases would decrease. Opponents contended that as a minority group blacks needed to increase rather than decrease and that they needed an equal distribution of wealth to improve their status. In the end, the debate judges decided the proponents were more persuasive: Birth control would improve the status of blacks.25 Still, there were others who equated birth control with abortion and therefore considered it immoral. Eventually, the Urban League took control of the clinic,26 an indication the black community had become ensnared in Sanger's labyrinth.

Birth Control as a Solution

The Harlem clinic and ensuing birth control debate opened dialogue among blacks about how best to improve their disadvantageous position. Some viewed birth control as a viable solution: High reproduction, they believed, meant prolonged poverty and degradation. Desperate for change, others began to accept the “rationale” of birth control. A few embraced eugenics. The June 1932 edition of The Birth Control Review, called “The Negro Number,” featured a series of articles written by blacks on the “virtues” of birth control.

The editorial posed this question: “Shall they go in for quantity or quality in children? Shall they bring children into the world to enrich the undertakers, the physicians and furnish work for social workers and jailers, or shall they produce children who are going to be an asset to the group and American society?” The answer: “Most [blacks], especially women, would choose quality ... if they only knew how.”27

DuBois, in his article “Black Folk and Birth Control,” noted the “inevitable clash of ideals between those Negroes who were striving to improve their economic position and those whose religious faith made the limitation of children a sin.”28 He criticized the “mass of ignorant Negroes” who bred “carelessly and disastrously so that the increase among [them] ... is from that part of the population least intelligent and fit, and least able to rear their children properly.”29

DuBois called for a “more liberal attitude” among black churches. He said they were open to “intelligent propaganda of any sort, and the American Birth Control League and other agencies ought to get their speakers before church congregations and their arguments in the Negro newspapers [emphasis added].”30

Charles S. Johnson, Fisk University's first black president, wrote “eugenic discrimination” was necessary for blacks.31 He said the high maternal and infant mortality rates, along with diseases like tuberculosis, typhoid, malaria and venereal infection, made it difficult for large families to adequately sustain themselves.

Further, “the status of Negroes as marginal workers, their confinement to the lowest paid branches of industry, the necessity for the labors of mothers, as well as children, to balance meager budgets, are factors [that] emphasize the need for lessening the burden not only for themselves, but of society, which must provide the supplementary support in the form of relief.”32 Johnson later served on the National Advisory Council to the BCFA, becoming integral to the Negro Project.

Can we resurrect Margaret Sanger's Eugenics Committee where the parents have to get approval to have a Keith Olbermann?

http://www.dianedew.com/sanger.htm

"We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon

On blacks, immigrants and indigents:

"...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people

http://margaretsanger.blogspot.com/ << apparently she made a number of addresses to the KKK.

Golly, Rick Santorum could use the founder of Planned Parenthood’s own words as a weapon against the Godless Liberals! And they say conservatives are not for “equal rights.” Bullshit. The article Adam noted is a bit deceptive because it does not include a transcript of what she said at the KKK rallies, but instead, uses some of her past quotes. Too bad no reporters snuck into the lecture hall dressed in hooded sheets. Margaret first addressed the Women’s Auxiliary of the KKK, and a picture shows her on a soapbox in front of a bunch of robed women. I had to laugh at her line about segregating morons.

Some of the quotes:

What did Margaret Sanger say in her talk at the KKK Rally that led to twelve more invitations? Well, take a look at some of her past quotes:

Margaret Sanger’s December 19, 1939 letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble, 255 Adams Street, Milton, Massachusetts. Original source: Sophia Smith Collection, Smith College, North Hampton, Massachusetts. Also described in Linda Gordon’s Woman’s Body, Woman’s Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America. New York: Grossman Publishers, 1976.1)

“We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.”

Margaret Sanger, April 1933 Birth Control Review.

2) “Eugenic sterilization is an urgent need … We must prevent multiplication of this bad stock.”

Margaret Sanger. The Pivot of Civilization, 1922. Chapter on “The Cruelty of Charity,” pages 116, 122, and 189. Swarthmore College Library edition.

3) “Our failure to segregate morons who are increasing and multiplying … demonstrates our foolhardy and extravagant sentimentalism … [Philanthropists] encourage the healthier and more normal sections of the world to shoulder the burden of unthinking and indiscriminate fecundity of others; which brings with it, as I think the reader must agree, a dead weight of human waste. Instead of decreasing and aiming to eliminate the stocks that are most detrimental to the future of the race and the world, it tends to render them to a menacing degree dominant … We are paying for, and even submitting to, the dictates of an ever-increasing, unceasingly spawning class of human beings who never should have been born at all.”

Looks like Sleep Train really Fluked up with Rush Limbaugh.

Limbaugh Drops Company That Suspended Ads From Show Over Fluke Remarks

by Jonathon M. Seidl

March 8, 2012

The Blaze

From the article:

Rush Limbaugh has rejected an advertiser’s apparent attempt to reunite with his show after the company initially dropped its ads from the program following his remarks about contraception advocate Sandra Fluke.

. . .

In an email to Sleep Train President Dale Carlsen (obtained by The Blaze), a representative of the show says that Limbaugh personally considered the company’s request, but denied it considering its public comments following the controversy.

“Thank you for your requests last week and this week to restart your voiced endorsement in local markets of The Rush Limbaugh Show,” the email begins. “Rush received your requests personally.”

“Unfortunately, your public comments were not well received by our audience, and did not accurately portray either Rush Limbaugh’s character or the intent of his remarks. Thus, we regret to inform you that Rush will be unable to endorse Sleep Train in the future.

“Rush appreciates your long friendship and your past support, and we wish you good luck in the future.”

Last Friday, Sleep Train was vocal in its rejection of Limbaugh.

“As a diverse company, Sleep Train does not condone such negative comments directed toward any person,” the company said in a statement. “We have currently pulled our ads with Rush Limbaugh.”

. . .

“It’s a business decision, and it’s theirs alone to make,” Limbaugh said Monday morning regarding companies who had pulled ads. “They've decided that they don’t want you anymore or your business.”

Good on Rush.

These idiots have been advertising with Rush for 25 years. They knew better than to come out with a statement like that. But it is an employee owned company (see here) so that probably made it more vulnerable to manipulation and intimidation than companies with strong top-down managements.

Now let's see if the leftie goons who intimidated Sleep Train will replace its lost business.

Guess when that will happen?

Heh.

Michael

This is from a website and blog that I frequent called feministing...

IWDslut.jpg

Just a quick comment in case anyone thinks by me harping on this particular propaganda push by the left, I'm shilling for right-wing crony-capitalists.

I'm not.

They are just as capable of sending their corporate goons to intimidate the free speech of honest liberals.

I don't have to agree with a liberal to support his right to speak, or even get a good perspective to mull over from him. And I believe I can distinguish well enough between one who has good character and one who is a dishonest tool for the leftie power machine.

Ditto for the right.

Michael

This is from a website and blog that I frequent called feministing...

[...]

Adam, I do not know why, but the first word that came to mind was "Schweet ..."

I have little time for any blog-reading beyond Syria, sad to say, but Feministing is still on my bloglist. It is interesting that you have antenna out all over the place. That makes me feel good.

Maybe it is spring. Maybe I realize that I do not have to use contraception when I get all slutty.

Do you ever watch Rachel Maddow? I admit to being utterly charmed by her. I would love to get a chance to yak at her at a party or something. Speaking of which, do you have plans to read Thus Spake Zarathutsra with Carol and I? And the more important question ... will you bring a date?

I have one friend, one single friend who understands my interest in Objectivish matters: her 'unknown to friends' online activity consists of monitoring Scientology. She is Canadian-Hungarian by descent, Jewish by maternal descent, but non-observant atheist otherwise, black hair, black clothes, wicked songwriter and singer, and all-around skeddy ladee, favourite activities include helping the oppressed gypsies of Transylvania and singing her guts out on tour.

I hope to be together with her, a drink or too (one Belgian beer at 12.5%, one Hungarian beer at 10% alc/vol) while Election 2012 proceeds, Wifi blazing. Even if it is only me, you and Carol (and Elizabeth) and the hockey team (and Xray), it will be fun to pretend to be a pundit and/or commentator in such company. For the occasion I will definitely code up another one-time-only Live Chat ...

Edited by william.scherk

Yes count me in and I will read the Overman's book. I intend to have a date, a kinky one, which will allow me to celebrate the end of the marxist mafia, or, the end of the Republic.

Yes count me in and I will read the Overman's book. I intend to have a date, a kinky one, which will allow me to celebrate the end of the marxist mafia, or, the end of the Republic.

How can Xray make it though? It will be the middle of the night in Germany. Her husband might get suspicious about a sleepover with a bunch of Objectivish men, Sacred Iglovians and sled dogs, dominant liberty lovers and so on.

How can Xray make it though? It will be the middle of the night in Germany. Her husband might get suspicious about a sleepover with a bunch of Objectivish men, Sacred Iglovians and sled dogs, dominant liberty lovers and so on.

Bring her husband...he sounds pretty OK...hell he put up with that PETA crap for all these years!

All this bad publicity for Limbaugh has brought countervailing publicity to the hypocrisy of the feminists and their supporters. This piece from ABC shows that it's started to break out of the partisan ghetto. The conservatives may win this one yet.

P.S. The same clip ran on CNN as well.

Here is some investigative stuff from Bill O'Reilly on Fluke.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=1496559347001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

The reason Obama called the lady was that he--through his hench-people--is the one running the show. It goes to Anita Dunn. She ain't there anymore, but she's still there.

Pure propaganda crap, like I've said since the beginning.

I, also, would like to be able to be booked on all the prime-time shows sympathetic to my cause without an outfit as big as O'Reilly's being able book me other than through a cell number I don't answer.

Michael

I received a letter from Rush yesterday asking me to renew my subscription and get a free Rush screensaver. I usually receive something from him in my inbox when I am within a couple of months of running out, but I just re-subscribed, so an appeal in the mail is very unusual. It is possible that a business manager at EIB is worried even if Rush is not.

Peter Taylor

I received a letter from Rush yesterday asking me to renew my subscription and get a free Rush screensaver. I usually receive something from him in my inbox when I am within a couple of months of running out, but I just re-subscribed, so an appeal in the mail is very unusual. It is possible that a business manager at EIB is worried even if Rush is not.

Peter Taylor

Mr. Taylor:

You usually use the term "letter" to describe an e-mail. Did you receive an e-mail, or an actual paper letter from the Postal Service?

You know the Postal Service that is losing one billion dollars per month.

Adam

Michael:

Excellent!

As I predicted, this will be Waterloo II.

If we could only put up a candidate(s) who would take it to the pitiful excuse for a President that occupies the White House, each and every day, we win this going away.

Someone like Palin, or Newt. Yep the dumb cunt and the reprobate!

After all, the marxist mafia has already shot them full of holes and that has made them invulnerable.

Adam

The video in #170 is badly put together, conveying no information speaking only to those who already agree. It's not a good propaganda piece.

The video in #170 is badly put together, conveying no information speaking only to those who already agree. It's not a good propaganda piece.

Pete,

I disagree.

This kind of juxtaposed mashup is now a standard form for jazzing up a message--almost a formula. I think they did a good job on it--even the music was a good fit.

But if you want to go highbrow--want something more creative in a juxtaposition mashup, something beyond a simple image-and-sound-bytes mashup, you might like the following:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OLWpxKAvLv0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Michael

Pete:

Propaganda has various applications. One is to solidify and reinforce those who are already on board.

The orchestration of press, radio and television to create a continuous, lasting and total environment renders the influence of propaganda virtually unnoticed precisely because it creates a constant environment.

Jacques Ellul

One of Ellul's most perceptive conclusions in

...it is only normal that the most educated people (intellectuals) are the first to be reached by such propaganda…

All this runs counter to pat notions that only the public swallows propaganda. Naturally, the educated man does

not believe in propaganda; he shrugs and is convinced that propaganda has no effect on him. This is, in fact,

one of his great weaknesses, and propagandists are well aware that in order to reach someone, one must first

convince him that propaganda is ineffectual and not very clever. Because he is convinced of his own superiority,

the intellectual is much more vulnerable than anybody else to this maneuver…Excerpted from Jacques Ellul.

Propaganda: The Formation of Men’s Attitudes.

Adam