Rand through a Nietzsche filter

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

William I am referring to the "boys" who were graduate students at Berkeley who met en masse with Foucault informally. And yes he was deeply loved. That is not the same as sexuality, fucking, minors or anything else. You may think I am loose with facts because I don 't footnote and document everything I say. That is something I am not going to do to please people here. At the same time it does not mean there is no access to quotes.

Seymour, slop is slop. You are sloppy, unfocussed and all-too-often reactive and irresponsible in your posting here -- that is why I have you on 'ignore' (though I did wish to see if you would admit a mistake in running with the murky 'boys' theme ...). I offer corrections when folks fall down the rabbithole, shrug off 'facts,' recount history from the bottom of their faulty remembrance, or otherwise assume an authoritative voice that does not suit them.

As I sad before, I am glad you have a hobby and are an enthusiastic reader. That not everyone is interested in following your sloppier and more peevish posts, I should think this is obvious. As an educator, you make a good dishwasher ...

If you do not like being accused of slop and a looseness with facts, or wish to be excused from critical attention paid to your murky and sometimes incoherent rants, then you can alter your own behaviour. Try not being so belligerent and chauvinistic, and resistant to correction -- if you do not wish to be dismissed as a bizarre crank.

Edited by william.scherk

You may think I am loose with facts because I don 't footnote and document everything I say. That is something I am not going to do to please people here.

To please people here is not a hard job, good union wages too. The only requirement is, you have to have a relationship with verifiable facts, with Reality, . It's all relationships, really. Nepotism, it's everywhere.

Carol:

I have always said that there is absolutely nothing wrong with nepotism...as long as you keep it in the family.

Adam

See it while it's still there:

http://www.solopassion.com/node/8939

"Truth - False - Slander - Brant Gaede"

Seymour is so sloppy that he left an italic code unclosed over there. This is one of those sins that Lindsay has said he does not tolerate.

I am sure Lindsay will not edit the bullshit out of Seymour's demented paste-job, but he may edit the shit out of my angry, vituperative response: http://www.solopassi...#comment-105286

Somewhere in the mists of Seymour's gassy effusions are a few useful and discutable things/angles/observations. But his emotional lability, excessive self-regard, and inability to respond like a human being and not an Envigilator of the Endless Examination -- this just poisons the message.

It is surely unfair and somewhat demeaning (for us) to do such a dogpile on you, Seymour. There is still a well of goodwill and good humour here. If only you know how to tap something like that, to have a conversation instead of a rant. Rants are good, life-enobling, smashing good fun, but we cannot rant constantly and still keep out of the bughouse.

Surely there are places that know you and love you and welcome you, warts, breast implants, false buttocks, amalgam fillings, horsehair wiglet and fall, adult party-pants and all. You maybe oughta go play with them for a while, refresh yourself, build yourself up. Because the pool of goodwill seems to be shrinking.

Edited by william.scherk

To be specific I meant pederastry, not pedophilia. The two are commonly conflated. I didn't say pedophilia nor pederastry. Yes, I know of nothing regarding Foucault and pedophilia nor have ever heard of anything.

Brant, I hope you will forgive me for harping on this point, but here are your exact words on OL:** "he went to Mexico for sex with boys knowing he had AIDS"

Here are your exact words on SOLO last November: "Didn't Foucault go to Mexico to have sex with boys while dying of AIDS?"

I would respect you so much more if you just said you fucked up and repeated a rumour/fancy/confabulation/misremembrance. All the dancing about with "oh, I never meant that. I meant the other thing, the nice thing, the non-sleazy gossip thing" -- all this is not credible.

Why not just say you were wrong, and you are sorry and we can move on, all of us?

** The original OL post has been deleted ("Honey, somebody let the horses out! They are all gone! What? Shut the door? Okay, Okay! Just as soon as I call the horse thief hotline.").

If anyone ever seaches the whole wide internets a few years from now, the earliest places they will find "sex with Mexican boys Foucault AIDS death" is here and at SOLO.

Edited by william.scherk

Heh.

To me, I was tickled to see the following words on SLOP:

And I am going to stop here with a statement of the utmost integrity by Michael Stuart Kelly.

There's some blathering after that, but this one--on SLOP--sounds kinda nice. My name is even spelled right this time.

I wonder what the savages think...

:smile:

Michael

** The original OL post has been deleted ("Honey, somebody let the horses out! They are all gone! What? Shut the door? Okay, Okay! Just as soon as I call the horse thief hotline.").

William,

What are you talking about?

I just looked and the post is still there.

Take a deep breath and count to 10 slowly.

It's gonna be OK.

Michael

She repeats what I said about Foucault complaining that I said it as a slander on her hero (can you libel and slander the dead?), but why is she now trying to keep it alive except to use him to attack me and OL et al. as an ego massage? As her Rand thing was a lie now her Foucault is too. It's all about her now.

--Brant

Heh.

To me, I was tickled to see the following words on SLOP:

the village gossip said:

And I am going to stop here with a statement of the utmost integrity by Michael Stuart Kelly.

There's some blathering after that, but this one--on SLOP--sounds kinda nice. My name is even spelled right this time.

I wonder what the savages think...

Michael

Whatever "the savages" think, I think that "the utmost integrity" was meant sarcastically and that you didn't notice the details of the "blathering after that":

[underscore added]

And x-ray this is why I say the word "truth" is meaningless, just like "fuck". All this crap is now out in cyberspace. Who can prove Brant on Foucault true? Were they there? Watching? Did they see a condom or not? And how can anyone prove it false? Not possible. It is simply CREDIBLE or not, out there to be argued over 100 years after Foucault is dead. This is why I posted so much.

The "fact" that Michael Stuart Kelly allows this bull shit on his site to "tease readers" as he says. to promote lies just like The Banner in the Fountainhead written by Rand, exposes him to everyone. Peikoff is right to ignore this sleazebag.

Many references to SLOP are left out. All insults of course.

Ellen

To be specific I meant pederastry, not pedophilia. The two are commonly conflated. I didn't say pedophilia nor pederastry. Yes, I know of nothing regarding Foucault and pedophilia nor have ever heard of anything.

Brant, I hope you will forgive me for harping on this point, but here are your exact words on OL:** "he went to Mexico for sex with boys knowing he had AIDS"

Here are your exact words on SOLO last November: "Didn't Foucault go to Mexico to have sex with boys while dying of AIDS?"

I would respect you so much more if you just said you fucked up and repeated a rumour/fancy/confabulation/misremembrance. All the dancing about with "oh, I never meant that. I meant the other thing, the nice thing, the non-sleazy gossip thing" -- all this is not credible.

Why not just say you were wrong, and you are sorry and we can move on, all of us?

If anyone ever seaches the whole wide internets a few years from now, the earliest places they will find "sex with Mexican boys Foucault AIDS death" is here and at SOLO.

I read it on the Internet or in a magazine maybe 20 years ago. Since I've not been able to further substantiate it I withdraw the allegation and will not repeat it. What is apparent is that Foucault got caught up in the first great AIDS hysteria and die off doing what so many gays did back then which killed most of them. That behavior plus misuse of poppers tended to come to a halt and bath houses closed down or were closed down by the authorities. If that's all there was to it he was more a victim of the tragedy than a perpetrator.

--Brant

Whatever "the savages" think, I think that "the utmost integrity" was meant sarcastically...

Ellen,

I thought of that before posting, but who knows and who cares?

That poster is not the clearest and consistency is certainly no virtue to her.

So how do you know for sure with an inconsistent mush?

You don't.

Not unless she says something else. (Even then...)

And, to be honest, I don't give a crap.

I just kinda like the sound of that phrase.

On SLOP.

I wish it were in bold and in a much larger font.

Michael

Seymour is so sloppy that he left an italic code unclosed over there. This is one of those sins that Lindsay has said he does not tolerate.

I am sure Lindsay will not edit the bullshit out of Seymour's demented paste-job, but he may edit the shit out of my angry, vituperative response: http://www.solopassion.com/node/8939#comment-105286

[....]

I think the thread ought to be blocked or deleted, given its effect -- as you note -- of spreading the defaming gossip re Foucault.

Ellen

I am sure Lindsay will not edit the bullshit out of Seymour's demented paste-job, but he may edit the shit out of my angry, vituperative response: http://www.solopassi...#comment-105286

[....]

I think the thread ought to be blocked or deleted, given its effect -- as you note -- of spreading the defaming gossip re Foucault.

Ellen

Ellen, in the grand scheme of things, what will remain of Foucault will not be this rumour. I am sure much worse has circulated and much worse will circulate later. The simple trope of "knowing infection" is already out there. If that mythical internet search turns up the Mexican boy bullshit, it will also turn up the rest of the thread and the corrections.

I am sorry Michael -- when I composed my post, the original Brant post had 'deleted' in its body. I may have made an error, but I try to report honestly. Thank you for chiding me. I feel all chided now.

SOLO has some intriging new-to-me habitués; all harmless cranks, it seems. Even our Seymour the Slophound is only slightly more bitchy, outraged, snide and out-to-lunch-till-dawn than he is over here, as befits the general SOLO distemper.

Actually I'm starting to have fun with this one.

Here is the very last line in the opening post to Seymourblogger's thread on SLOP: Truth - False - Slander - Brant Gaede.

Many references to SLOP are left out. All insults of course.

SLOP???!!!

Heh.

I think this is the first time I have seen SLOP called SLOP on SLOP as an actual reference.

There's one thing you have to say about the crazies. They can get as entertaining as all get-out. I know my dog whistle is going into overdrive.

Michael

I read it on the Internet or in a magazine maybe 20 years ago. Since I've not been able to further substantiate it I withdraw the allegation and will not repeat it. What is apparent is that Foucault got caught up in the first great AIDS hysteria and die off doing what so many gays did back then which killed most of them. That behavior plus misuse of poppers tended to come to a halt and bath houses closed down or were closed down by the authorities. If that's all there was to it he was more a victim of the tragedy than a perpetrator.

--Brant

Too little too late brant

--Brant

Too little too late brant

Bill can tell me that. You're just noise.

--Brant

The SOLO quote is exact. It is interesting that on that SOLO thread Janet doesn't seem to be interested in jumping in and challenging me then. Not her or anyone else. And it was a question. The OL quote distorts what I said by cutting out too much. I didn't claim to be a witness or have first-hand knowledge.

--Brant

Brant,

Don't worry about it.

That's just the way these things are sometimes. People know who you are.

Look at all the crap that has been said about me over the years. Has it made a difference?

Actually it has on the positive side. As if I give a crap.

But here's a Spanish proverb (one very popular in Brazil) for you to mull over if you like: People who raise crows as pets eventually get their eyes plucked out.