making making money at a corporation that makes it's profits off government waste?

pippi

I think I could make some money with my current job if I pushed a little more and faked it, but it is quite unethical-it makes its money off of government programs that pretty much suck and perpetuate mediocrity

OTOH that may be the best reason for making as much as I can...

btw hi all again-don't worry I wont post much

I think I could make some money with my current job if I pushed a little more and faked it, but it is quite unethical-it makes its money off of government programs that pretty much suck and perpetuate mediocrity

Welcome back.

First, you should post more.

Second, very few people can state with certainty that the money that they make is not intertwined with the entire statist system.

Therefore, if you are competent at what you are engaged with and utilize what you make for your own survival and pleasure, you should celebrate that you are proceeding with personal integrity.

Once again welcome back.

Adam

I agree with Adam Selene: 1) Welcome back; and 2) It is a personal choice because few careers are without state intervention.

Ayn Rand delineated only the absolute aggression of the IRS and similar agencies as being off-limits to anyone seeking a moral livelihood. Park rangers, school teachers ... almost all existing careers, professions, jobs, and employments have a market basis that was usurped into the public sector.

Do your best work and make yourself happy.

Is this company offering a service that could be reasonably sold and bought in a sane and just society. If so, you have no moral burden.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Hi Pippi,

Good to see you.

As to how you make your money, my advice is to do what is best for Pippi (in all areas). In other words, take it as far as you are comfortable with. No sense in walking away from an opportynity, but you can't really buy a good night's sleep for the long haul.

You know your situation and your parameters.

Michael