Winter Classic 2012

caroljane

They have delayed the start of this outdoor delight to 3:00, I guess it is sunny in Philadelphia.

This means I will miss Judge Judy today but it will be worth it.

Rangers are looking great - and the word is, Avery might be going to Russia! Maybe there is a God.

Carol:

It is the Zamboni Rule, you can't play on mushy ice!

And yes, my Rangers are looking really good, which makes any Ranger fan want to run and hide in the large commercial refrigerator at Walmart because we know we are being set up for disappointment!

Judge Judy was a Manhattan Family Court Judge for some eighteen (18) years and she demonstrated what a judge is not supposed to be during her tenure, just as she demonstrates what a judge is not supposed to be on her show.

She also wrote a book which I have, and have read, on her tenure as a real judge. The tittle of the book is, Don't Pee on My Leg and Tell Me It's Raining, http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Pee-Leg-Tell-Raining/dp/0060927941

Adam

Carol:

It is the Zamboni Rule, you can't play on mushy ice!

And yes, my Rangers are looking really good, which makes any Ranger fan want to run and hide in the large commercial refrigerator at Walmart because we know we are being set up for disappointment!

Judge Judy was a Manhattan Family Court Judge for some eighteen (18) years and she demonstrated what a judge is not supposed to be during her tenure, just as she demonstrates what a judge is not supposed to be on her show.

She also wrote a book which I have, and have read, on her tenure as a real judge. The tittle of the book is, Don't Pee on My Leg and Tell Me It's Raining, http://www.amazon.co...g/dp/0060927941

Adam

That's why JJ makes for great TV. I especially like when she corrects grammar (when did Americans forget the simple past tense?)

and tells them not to have any more children that she will have to support through her taxes. Or to get a job in an area with 20% unemployment, when they are obviously too dumb to tie their own shoes, so dumb that they want to go on her show.

Did you watch the 24/7 docu series leading up to the Classic? I don't get HBO this year (no Game of Thrones either, waaaH!) but last year's was terrific.

Or in JJ plaintiff speak, I had saw 24/7, then I seen it wasn't on no more.

No, but this raises a question, why do you not get a Roku box? It is a complete solution to the cable/satellite dish over priced delivery systems.

Additionally, APPLE TV is going to transform the medium and fundamentally eliminate television as you know it.

http://www.apple.com/appletv/

No, but this raises a question, why do you not get a Roku box? It is a complete solution to the cable/satellite dish over priced delivery systems.

Additionally, APPLE TV is going to transform the medium and fundamentally eliminate television as you know it.

Ouch Adam, you know I can't handle the truth of technology

Carol

Reality evader

Ouch Adam, you know I can't handle the truth of technology

Carol

Reality evader

Carol:

Then have your son get it and set it up for you.

It is a simple cost and benefits issue.

Adam

Uh-oh, Adam, 2-0 in the 2nd.

Welcome to Walmart, how can we hide you today?

Carol:

Oh, it is way too early in the season for a Ranger fan to suffer crushing trauma. First, we have to barely make the playoffs, or super comfortably clinch an upper level playoff spot early.

Then that sets the stage for the traumatic choke and collapse. Plenty of time to build up expectations of another Stanley Cup before dashing our dreams on the icicles of hell freezing over!

Adam

lifelong Ranger fanatic

Carol:

Oh, it is way too early in the season for a Ranger fan to suffer crushing trauma. First, we have to barely make the playoffs, or super comfortably clinch an upper level playoff spot early.

Then that sets the stage for the traumatic choke and collapse. Plenty of time to build up expectations of another Stanley Cup before dashing our dreams on the icicles of hell freezing over!

Adam

lifelong Ranger fanatic

Hey, it's tied up now in the 3rd!

Anyway, as you know, when hell freezes over, we'll still play hockey on it,

Carol:

Adam

lifelong Ranger fanatic

PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Mike Rupp scored two goals and Brad Richards posted the winner on top of a chilly baseball field, as the New York Rangers outlasted the Philadelphia Flyers, 3-2, in the Winter Classic on Monday at Citizens Bank Park.

Playing on a rink that stretched from first base to third base, the Rangers made the league’s fifth Classic event a memorable one, rallying from a 2-0 deficit to stay atop the Eastern Conference standings.

The NHL surrounded the rink with Christmas trees, fire wood, fake snow, and even trash-can fires. But there was nothing artificial in the elements with snow flurries late in the second period and temperatures that dipped into the 30s, forcing 49,967 fans to bundle up for the big game.

Carol:

Adam

lifelong Ranger fanatic

PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Mike Rupp scored two goals and Brad Richards posted the winner on top of a chilly baseball field, as the New York Rangers outlasted the Philadelphia Flyers, 3-2, in the Winter Classic on Monday at Citizens Bank Park.

Playing on a rink that stretched from first base to third base, the Rangers made the league’s fifth Classic event a memorable one, rallying from a 2-0 deficit to stay atop the Eastern Conference standings.

The NHL surrounded the rink with Christmas trees, fire wood, fake snow, and even trash-can fires. But there was nothing artificial in the elements with snow flurries late in the second period and temperatures that dipped into the 30s, forcing 49,967 fans to bundle up for the big game.

Congrats on a great come from behind win. Good start for the Blueshirts in .'12

This is another aspect of sports that needs to be severely addressed with some long prison sentences...

Flyers fan brags of beating New Jersey cop, son after NHL Winter Classic game against Rangers

Attack by group of Philly fans caught on tape

A group of Philadelphia Flyers fans brutally beat a New Jersey cop and his son - dressed in Rangers garb - outside a famous Philly cheesesteak shop Monday.

Three Broad Street bullies clad in Flyers jerseys sucker-punched the Woodbridge, N.J., officer before pummeling him and his son after they fell on the ground outside Geno’s Steaks.

NBCNewYork.com identified the cop on Wednesday night as Neal Auricchio, a former Marine.

"He got banged up pretty badly," his father Neal Auricchio, Sr., told NBCNewYork.com. "Stitches in the one eye, and the other eye is pretty puffed up. He went for a CAT scan today, and we're waiting for the results on that."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/goon-flyers-fan-brags-beat-n-article-1.1001211

This is another aspect of sports that needs to be severely addressed with some long prison sentences...

Flyers fan brags of beating New Jersey cop, son after NHL Winter Classic game against Rangers

Attack by group of Philly fans caught on tape

A group of Philadelphia Flyers fans brutally beat a New Jersey cop and his son - dressed in Rangers garb - outside a famous Philly cheesesteak shop Monday.

Three Broad Street bullies clad in Flyers jerseys sucker-punched the Woodbridge, N.J., officer before pummeling him and his son after they fell on the ground outside Geno’s Steaks.

NBCNewYork.com identified the cop on Wednesday night as Neal Auricchio, a former Marine.

"He got banged up pretty badly," his father Neal Auricchio, Sr., told NBCNewYork.com. "Stitches in the one eye, and the other eye is pretty puffed up. He went for a CAT scan today, and we're waiting for the results on that."

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...1#ixzz1idiyZeL6

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1001211

Way to tarnish the sparkle of a beautiful day, you thugs. I hope they throw away the kiey on you.

Bobby Clarke would be ashamed.

• 1 month later...