Neighbors from Hell - Sourced List of OWS Supporters

Michael Stuart Kelly

Cross-section - I'll take your word. Canada, population-wise, is mostly urban, with our government staunchly representing the mighty heartland, so I probably don't understand US demographics.

As to my scoffing at Beck's prophecies, when did I do that? I don't remember it. I always enjoy yukking it up with WSS of course, but it couldn't have been in the past 2 months anyway because I was cutoff from cyberspace, as you know. Please refresh my memory on this one.

But if Beck said there is going to be real rioting on Wall Street, I will laugh at that. The Rangers are never going to make it to the Stanley Cup final.

That's because you haven't heard about our new center!

Like the old days, Jesus SAVES, but Esposito scores on the rebound!

932934rcghml5a0n.jpg

empty.gif

empty.gif

empty.gif

empty.gif

empty.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carol,

It was far more than 2 months ago. Beck has been talking about The Coming Insurrection for ages now. I think I even provided a link to that work. If not, here is the Wikipedia article where you can get a link to the full text if you like:

The Coming Insurrection

Dayaamm! I just looked and half the Wikipedia article is about Glenn Beck's interest in the book and its ties to recent uprisings.

As to the fun stuff between us, I would have to look it up, but it's not worth it. I like both you and WSS a lot, so this is more a friendly poke in the ribs than a serious put-down time. And I certainly was not offended with the yukking. Ya'll can yuk all ya want. :)

I'm just giving some information with videos, etc. right now because I think this is good for the readers, and your comment was a good prompt for it.

(Actually, I've been setting on a come-back for months and I finally got to do it. Big time! So there! Nyah! :) )

Michael

Carol,

It was far more than 2 months ago. Beck has been talking about The Coming Insurrection for ages now. I think I even provided a link to that work. If not, here is the Wikipedia article where you can get a link to the full text if you like:

The Coming Insurrection

Dayaamm! I just looked and half the Wikipedia article is about Glenn Beck's interest in the book and its ties to recent uprisings.

As to the fun stuff between us, I would have to look it up, but it's not worth it. I like both you and WSS a lot, so this is more a friendly poke in the ribs than a serious put-down time. And I certainly was not offended with the yukking. Ya'll can yuk all ya want. :smile:

I'm just giving some information with videos, etc. right now because I think this is good for the readers, and your comment was a good prompt for it.

(Actually, I've been setting on a come-back for months and I finally got to do it. Big time! So there! Nyah! :smile: )

Michael

You deserve your comebacks bro, consider me suitably squelched. For now!

George:

Excellent! I will use that one...lol.

Adam

112523n4g5an20v1.jpg

Cross-section - I'll take your word. Canada, population-wise, is mostly urban, with our government staunchly representing the mighty heartland, so I probably don't understand US demographics.

As to my scoffing at Beck's prophecies, when did I do that? I don't remember it. I always enjoy yukking it up with WSS of course, but it couldn't have been in the past 2 months anyway because I was cutoff from cyberspace, as you know. Please refresh my memory on this one.

But if Beck said there is going to be real rioting on Wall Street, I will laugh at that. The Rangers are never going to make it to the Stanley Cup final.

That's because you haven't heard about our new center!

Like the old days, Jesus SAVES, but Esposito scores on the rebound!

932934rcghml5a0n.jpg

empty.gif

empty.gif

empty.gif

empty.gif

empty.gif

Impressive, I hear he signed for 4M souls ($CDN). But I hear he's weak on the PK.

Knockout graphic Adam, I'm on the boards.

Carol,

Code tags work like this:

Open tag: [word]
Close tag: [/word]

Note that the close tag uses the same command word as the open tag, but includes a slash mark. The command words are in brackets.

Anything you put between those two tags will be affected by the command, which I gave here as "word"--but that doesn't exist as a command. When you use the quote feature, you will see the word "quote" in the place of "word."

I only used a non-command word ("word") in this example because if I used a command word ("quote"), the program would execute it instead of display it. Here's what your quote would look like:

[word]Some post of someone you want to quote.[/word]

It doesn't matter if there are extra lines. The tags will work just as well. For example, the following will work just as well as the one directly above:

[word]Some post of someone you want to quote.
[/word]

Just to confuse you more, in the open tag, there sometimes are some extra instructions. For example:

[word name='whatever' blah blah blah]

Notice that the end bracket closes the command word and the instructions.

The whole shebang looks like this:

[word name='whatever' blah blah blah]Some post of someone you want to quote.[/word]

(Remember that you will see "quote" in the place of "word" when you actually do this using the quote feature.)

Here is where you make your mistake. You include your comment in between the code tags. For example:

[word name='whatever' blah blah blah]Some post of someone you want to quote.
YOU MAKE A MISTAKE BY PUTTING YOUR COMMENT HERE.
[/word]

To get your comment in the right place, you have to put it AFTER the close tag. For example:

[word name='whatever' blah blah blah]Some post of someone you want to quote.[/word]
YOU CAN CORRECTLY PUT YOUR COMMENT HERE AND IT WILL SHOW UP IN THE RIGHT PLACE.

One last item, since you often use nested quote. If there are two open tags, there has to be two close tags. If not, the program will complain and/or show the actual code. Make sure you put your comment after the second close tag. For example:

[word name='whatever' blah blah blah]
[word name='more whatever' blah blah blah]Post quoted by someone you want to quote.[/word]
Some post of someone you want to quote.[/word]
YOU CAN CORRECTLY PUT YOUR COMMENT HERE AND IT WILL SHOW UP IN THE RIGHT PLACE.

I hope that helps.

btw - I fixed two of your posts above.

Michael

Folks:

Let's have more comparisons to the Tea Party and the OWS folks:

http://www.verumserum.com/

The top video has been taken off, the rest are quite edifying, don't you think?

Adam

Protesters Coming Down With the "Zuccotti Lung"

With little sleep in cold conditions, cigarettes and drinks being passed from mouth to mouth, and few opportunities to wash hands, Zuccotti Park may now just be the best place to catch respiratory viruses, norovirus (also known as the winter vomiting virus) and tuberculosis, according to one doctor.
The damp clothing and cardboard signs wet with rain are also breeding grounds for mold. Some protesters are urinating in bottles and
leaving food trash discarded throughout the campground, providing further opportunities for nastiness.
“Pretty much everything here is a good way to get sick,” Salvatore Cipolla, 23, from Long Island, told the Times. “It’ll definitely thin the herd.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Zuccotti-Lung-Park-Sickness-Demonstrators-Protesters-Illness-133669113.html?dr

Adam,

I read that tuberculosis has appeared at occupy Atlanta.

'Occupy Atlanta' Shelter Tests Positive for Tuberculosis

November 11, 2011

NewsCore

On Fox News site

From the article:

A homeless shelter that has been housing more than 100 "Occupy Atlanta" protesters has tested positive for tuberculosis (TB), WGCL-TV reported Thursday.

At least two people at the Atlanta shelter have contracted the air-borne disease, a highly contagious bacterial infection that affects the lungs and other organs.

"One of these persons was confirmed to have a strain of TB that is resistant to a single, standard medication,"

Fulton County Services Director Matthew McKenna said in a written statement to WGCL-TV.

If they keep trying, maybe they can bring back the bubonic plague.

Keep history alive! Don't let mankind's plagues die off!

(I would put a smiley after the quip, but this is just too tragic.)

Michael

Adam,

I read that tuberculosis has appeared at occupy Atlanta.

'Occupy Atlanta' Shelter Tests Positive for Tuberculosis

November 11, 2011

NewsCore

On Fox News site

From the article:

A homeless shelter that has been housing more than 100 "Occupy Atlanta" protesters has tested positive for tuberculosis (TB), WGCL-TV reported Thursday.

At least two people at the Atlanta shelter have contracted the air-borne disease, a highly contagious bacterial infection that affects the lungs and other organs.

"One of these persons was confirmed to have a strain of TB that is resistant to a single, standard medication,"

Fulton County Services Director Matthew McKenna said in a written statement to WGCL-TV.

If they keep trying, maybe they can bring back the bubonic plague.

Keep history alive! Don't let mankind's plagues die off!

(I would put a smiley after the quip, but this is just too tragic.)

Michael

Michael:

Not only tragic, but predictably tragic.

Therefore, the way I analyze the scum behind this astro turf "movement," is, that they are truly incompetent, dangerously psychotic [Twelve Monkeys Psychotic], or, carefully, calculatingly, Piven driven subversives willing to create a public health emergency to overwhelm the system.

The absolute lack of will by the local state agencies manifests a glaring weakness that can be exploited.

It is completely beyond me that Nanny Bloomberg will virtually incarcerate you for sprinkling salt on your french fries while you are smoking a cigarette in a public park, but will not arrest you for using the street for a urinal, after raping an individual, robbing them, selling hard drugs and being armed in Zucchotti Park.

Adam

Is it just me or has OWS become far less frequently discussed in the media?

I think their fifteen minutes of fame are almost up.

From the leftist "The Guardian" (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/nov/11/occupy-movement-winter-what-next )

-"The Guardian has learned that Adbusters, the Canadian activist group which helped spark the movement, is even considering calling on occupiers to declare "victory" for phase one and go home for the winter – clear recognition that numbers are likely to dwindle anyway and make it increasingly difficult for the protests to maintain momentum and generate headlines."

-"But now there are signs that public interest is tailing off, with resources such as Factiva and Google Trends appearing to show a drop in searches for "Occupy Wall Street" over recent weeks. Media coverage, too, is dwindling."

-"The Guardian has learned that Adbusters, the Canadian activist group which helped spark the movement, is even considering calling on occupiers to declare "victory" for phase one and go home for the winter – clear recognition that numbers are likely to dwindle anyway and make it increasingly difficult for the protests to maintain momentum and generate headlines."

Ahh yes, it's the Afghanistan paragigm.

Meanwhile, back in the real world of Zuccotti Park, there is a counter demonstration by the merchants that will be held at City Hall NY today at 5 PM.

I am shocked to discove, [lol] that the business folks have lost almost $500,000.00 in revenues in a mere two (2) months. Several of the merchants have had to lay off personel.

Additionally, occupy Oakland is being cleared of it's tents as we speak.

Adam

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, every where you go...well maybe not

In the near future, when my kids and grandkids ask me what the Occupy movement was about, I'll have this to say - "Haven't the slightest clue." I'm sensing the MSM is feeling the same thing. Sure, there's tidbits here and there about the 99% vs the 1%, but there's been no clear agenda, no clear structure. It seems to me that it's been a public venting session that's cost both sides millions of the dollars and no ground gained. At the losing end are those vendors that lost revenue because of these misguided crusaders. I feel bad for them.

However, had this been truly organized from the get-go with a concrete strategy, some good might have come from it... some. All I saw out there were mobs ranting for want of free stuff, and I got the feeling that the 99% wanted the 1% to foot their bills in many aspects. And hell broke loose when the free stuff stopped flowing from the pro-Occupy backers.

Ultimately, I think they wanted to be heard. Done. Those that are truly driven will winter the coming months, otherwise this movement will fade like the snow in coming spring.

~ Shane

In the near future, when my kids and grandkids ask me what the Occupy movement was about, I'll have this to say - "Haven't the slightest clue." I'm sensing the MSM is feeling the same thing. Sure, there's tidbits here and there about the 99% vs the 1%, but there's been no clear agenda, no clear structure. It seems to me that it's been a public venting session that's cost both sides millions of the dollars and no ground gained. At the losing end are those vendors that lost revenue because of these misguided crusaders. I feel bad for them.

However, had this been truly organized from the get-go with a concrete strategy, some good might have come from it... some. All I saw out there were mobs ranting for want of free stuff, and I got the feeling that the 99% wanted the 1% to foot their bills in many aspects. And hell broke loose when the free stuff stopped flowing from the pro-Occupy backers.

Ultimately, I think they wanted to be heard. Done. Those that are truly driven will winter the coming months, otherwise this movement will fade like the snow in coming spring.

~ Shane

I compared it to Pork Chop Hill, Korean War, in a conversation last night.