Video Collage of Obama's Red Red World

Video Collage of Obama's Red Red World

I have seen every single take in the video below, usually at the time it was presented for commentary. But seeing it all strung together gives me an new sensation of creepy.

<object width="400" height="254"><param name="movie" value="http://web.gbtv.com//shared/flash/video/share/ObjectEmbedFrame.swf?width=400&height=254&content_id=19851083&property=gbtv" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="scale" value="noscale" /><param name="salign" value="tl" /><embed src="http://web.gbtv.com//shared/flash/video/share/ObjectEmbedFrame.swf?width=400&height=254&content_id=19851083&property=gbtv" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" window="transparent" width="400" height="254" scale="noscale" salign ="tl" /> </object>

This comes from GBTV. Glenn said to post it everywhere.

I don't mind helping out. So here it is.

Warning. It really is creepy.

Michael

Losers, looters, liars and their lawyers.

Fair enough, I did not think they were necessarily representative - but can you tell me, what makes me spitting mad, is how come they weren't laughed and booed off their platforms? To be relegated to political or professional obscurity?

This is America!! we don't take that crap!

Losers, looters, liars and their lawyers.

Fair enough, I did not think they were necessarily representative - but can you tell me, what makes me spitting mad, is how come they weren't laughed and booed off their platforms? To be relegated to political or professional obscurity?

This is America!! we don't take that crap!

Unfortunately we do. I wish it were otherwise.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Tony,

They are representative of Obama appointees and insiders.

These folks just don't say it all the time.

They are not representative of the career politicians and government workers that normally make part of a Presidential administration, i.e., in addition to those yahoos.

If you really want to see an evil book that looks reasonable on the surface by an Obama insider, check out Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness by Cass Sunstein and Richard Thaler.

Sunstein's official title is "Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs." In other words, he oversees the drawing up of government regulations to implement the laws enacted by Congress and signed by the President, That is, in addition to basically whatever the hell else he dreams up.

Here's a video of Thaler at the London School of Economics discussing the book in 2009. (I'm giving Thaler here because Sunstein is already in the collage video above.) It's about one hour and fifteen minutes if you have the time to see it. (I did and I am not sorry I did. I got to see how tricky these guys are up close. Judging from the quality of the students during the Q&A, though, I feel really sorry for England.)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9f9N-Yb8eO8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Notice how this guy says he's a Chicago economist (meaning influenced by Milton Friedman, meaning free market advocate), after all, as he talks about how much the government can and should control folks without them knowing about it.

But the evil part is between the lines. Since these jerks think that everyone is basically Homer Simpson inside (at least in part--and that includes all children), their idea is for the government to use a series of ruses to trick your inner Homer into making better decisions than ole' Homer would on his own.

They don't really tell you how they know that the government's decisions for you will be better and not a product of the government officials's own inner Homers. But, hey, nobody's perfect.

Now, the clincher--the unstated one. But believe me, it is implied in everything they say.

What happens if "Nudge" doesn't work on you?

Why, SHOVE, of course. But that's for another book--you know, the one giving the mission statement and plans for the government's reeducation camps.

Michael