Bone-in Ribeye

Jody Gomez

Perhaps I do not have much to say here, but is there anything better than a well marbled, bone-in ribeye? I just had one, and it was great.

I accompanied it with a great Sangiovese.

Maybe what I'm saying is this: let's talk about steak.

yum! I love that sizzling flesh! I just received a gift certificate in the mail from my company for Omaha Steaks filet mignon dinner for four. Has anyone ever had Omaha steaks? Do they come with Ciro?

Kat

Jody,

If you ever have the chance to do a Brazilian rodizio, do it. This is where waiters carry in spits and spits and spits and spits and spits of barbecued beef, pork and poultry (and even fresh water fish at times), plus sausages (usually from 25 to 30 varieties minimum), and they only stop when you tell them to.

Mostly the seasoning is only water and rock salt, and sometimes garlic.

An all-you-can-eat salad bar goes with it, but the salad usually includes over 50 types of vegetables - normal salad ingredients and many steamed vegetables like carrots, green beans and xuxu (choyote), but cold, and more exotic things like boiled quail eggs.

Then if you are really hungry, sometimes they will have a few hot pasta plates warming and a sushi bar.

Also, there are the normal everyday french fries, fried manioc (cassava root), rice, farofa (fried manioc flour with seasonings and sometimes bits of meat and eggs) and different kinds of breads and cheese.

And you haven't lived until you have tasted beef ribs cooked in four different ovens at four different temperatures.

All this is usually found at in the same churascaria, which means barbeque restaurant (except for the 4 oven ribs, which I only found in one place).

Dayaamm! I gotta move back to Brazil...

(slurp...)

Michael